Super Mario Bros. Crossover 3.1.2

Super Mario Bros. Crossover gets a classic power-up mode.

1. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

Well, somehow SMB Special's Lance skin got changed to using the SMB Atari music set, there might be a few other mistakes like that one, but otherwise, this was definitely a great edition. Thanks for reinstalling (In a way) the mode that made me love SMBC to begin with.

2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

The silhouette filter/skin idea is a great one! It's like a slightly easier version of the Invisible skins. According to Jay in the Mario skins thread, the Modern Mario and Luigi appears in Super Mario 3D World. Do 8 bit "modern" version of Toad, Peach, and Rosalina also appear?

3. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

SMBC will never die.

4. Mitewing

Today I removed SOPHIA because I thought she never fit in with the rest of the characters due to her size and overall iconic status compared to the others. (Although the Blaster Master map skin is probably my favorite in the game: Irony!) I would've removed Bass too if it wasn't for his Robot Master skins. I noticed only Quick Man has noticeable gameplay differences compared to MM's RMs. Hopefully Gemini Man and Skull Man will be tweaked in the future as well.

5. Crownjo

Terrible.

6. Mitewing

I know! I know! SOPHIA is a great character with great gameplay, but compared to the others in the ways I mentioned, she doesn't fit. It's an OCD thing I'm guessing.

7. Crownjo

I think it's pointless to remove a character for that reason. hence the word "terrible"

I kinda liked the fact Jay added this feature to see how far people will go. Now that I think about it you can remove characters and skins now...

[​IMG]

8. Mitewing

I never said it was rational, hence my comparison to OCD.

9. Crownjo

But I have outdone you by removing everything but Mario! I am chaotic evil because of this. :awesome:

Mitewing likes this.
  10. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

I personally did only Luigi, so what does that make me?

Mitewing likes this.
  11. Crownjo

Lawful evil.

MissingNo2 and Mitewing like this.
  12. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Welcome to Super Mario...

Please Pick your Character...

Mario.

Achievement Unlocked: Mario

13. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

And I only removed Mario! Making Luigi the star of the game just like how it was originally intended! :awesome:

Develon, MissingNo2 and Mitewing like this.
  14. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

Luigi fan that I am, I am horribly disgraced by the fact that I can finally enjoy being able to disable Luigi.
    :(

...and on another note, this update came as a surprise. I was only expecting some minor bug fixes and such, not some included features to go along with it.

Mitewing and Faruga like this.
  15. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

In classic mode on default the weapon for Bass is the water shield. Oh Jay! That's why we love you!

The whole disabling skins and characters just open up so much more possibilities. I wished for such feature ever since skins started to exist but I never suggested it since I thought it be too much problem to make. I guess I was wrong and now I am very happy!

16. Mitewing

"Super Luigi Crossover"

Faruga and DarkBowser007 like this.
  17. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

It's still the year of Luigi. Let's everybody disable Mario and play with Luigi only. :)

Faruga and Mitewing like this.
  18. Mitewing

I just realized something. If Ken Hayabusa is added as a Simon skin, then everyone would disable it except me! :awesome:
    View attachment 19587

Faruga likes this.
  19. Mitewing

It has been brought to my attention Bass can use Metal Blade again and MM can now use Screw Crusher in Modern mode. This brings the total of weapons to 9 instead of 8. Was this intentionally done? I would think a major gameplay change like this would have been mentioned in the version update list.

20. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Yes it was intentional, but I guess we forgot to mention it.