Super Mario Bros. Crossover 3.1

People have been asking for The Lost Levels to be added to Super Mario Bros. Crossover for a long time, so we decided to do it.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

The new version is out! :D

This version contains the Lost Levels maps, and includes Easy and Hard versions of the maps. Play it, enjoy it, discuss it!

Don't forget to press Shift+F5 if the game isn't updating for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
  2. Anon421

Anon421 Guest

So the "levels" were "found". That's good news. :)

3. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Ryu clone. This means NGII OST.

YES!

ThomasMink, Mitewing and Faruga like this.
  4. Kayube

Kayube Level 1: Goomba

So since this is the last version, are the skin and feature boards going to close, or will they just be left open for people to have fun with (particularly after the source code comes out and people can make fan-based updates)?

5. sbq92

I guess we can leave them open if people want to continue to have fun with it.

I don't think we ever promised the source code would be released. I believe Jay said he might release it eventually, but as far as I know it has currently not been decided.

6. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

"From the beginning, the odds were against you. It was only a matter of time until you reached the end. You're history!!"
    2412.png
    Seriously, though. No more updates? No more skins? No more cheats? No more support?
    You've really killed the main reason I'm here for... I just feel a part of me died today.
    What about all the people currently working on skins? Have they wasted their time? What will you tell them?
    Oh, and Contra Force skins didn't made the cut, nor GB Kunio... but at least Francesca did... neat.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    Beed28, huang17, Dimpsy and 1 other person like this.
  7. Kayube

Kayube Level 1: Goomba

Yeah, I meant more as an "if" that happens.

sbq92 likes this.
  8. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

So this is the final update? And none of the skins I worked on got in?
    . . .
    Damn it.

9. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I have to agree with Clippit. While we are elated Lost Levels are added, but no more skins? Really? I understand that it takes time for adding the skins and music, but I feel there's so much lost potential. It doesn't matter if new features are ever added but small skin updates here and there would be more than enough.

huang17, ThomasMink, Beed28 and 2 others like this.
  10. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I guess this is it then. I hoped at least one transgender character would make it in but I guess no Flea,Poison or Jun Watarase. Didn't mention Bridget due to lack of skin which Bridget was going to be a Simon skin but I got lazy. Well I thank Jay for adding Christine from Arkista's Ring just wish the Zelda 3 or Final Fantasy 6 skins had a chance to make it in being I worked hardest on those being they came from traditionally top down games. But as to TheomanZero,Mitewing and Clippit they had much more expectation on SMBC as did I so I guess I can't complain my hard work much more than anyone else. :cry:

Mitewing and Develon like this.
  11. Anon421

Anon421 Guest

As far as I understood it there won't be any "major" updates for SMBC in the (near) future. This however does not necessarily mean that they won't do "small updates", like "character skins" and stuff like that, depending on people's "demand".

But even if they won't do any "small updates" either, I think we should appreciate the huge amount of content we have, instead of being "disappointed" about the content that "didn't make it into it".

12. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Yeah, we knew the day SMBC would be done would come eventually, but we didn't wanted to believe, and now it's a shock because we noticed it's the reality. I think there may be a small update to go, but not so soon. I believe they will finally quit working on SMBC, but they will miss all this thing and start again, maybe just for the old times, or that's what would happen if it I was the one doing it. I don't feel really sad about it, because we have SAS and much more from the ER team, I hope.

13. mitsymckenzie777

Disappointed I am but...

also I am grateful as I thanked Jay for Christine. But if we don't say we'd like to see more as in show disappointment in the least how will Jay know there is demand? Right?

14. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Thank Blaine. He did most of the work for this update.

15. mitsymckenzie777

OK see that's one of the many things I like about you Jay is your truthfulness and humbleness. But yes thanks Blaine but Jay I can't disregard the fact that if you hadn't made SMBC Blaine wouldn't have anything to add Christine to. So...

Thank you to all the ER staff. :)

sbq92 likes this.
  16. Anon421

Anon421 Guest

To want (even) "more" is understandable to some extent, but there is no point in being "disappointed" (even though, ironically, "-point-" is a part of that word). Appreciate and enjoy what they released so far and pay attention to eventual, "future updates". I personally just don't like how people here overemphasize on the "negative aspects" of these news.

uglyrodent and Faruga like this.
  17. sbq92

It should probably be explained why there won't be any more updates. Jay is focusing entirely on SAS now, and I am moving and I won't be able to work on SMBC where I'll be living. The game is also getting quite big. Since we added the Lost Levels, we noticed the performance has decreased. You'll probably also notice it a bit while you play.

It is unfortunate for the game to stop updating, especially since there really is a lot of potential. There are many things I even hoped to see in the game eventually. However, SAS will pick up SMBC's potential and will be an even better game. :)

Rey D, Mitewing and Faruga like this.
  18. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

I dunno. To an extent, I think there's something worth lamenting, here. SMBC was the thing that brought us all here (Or at least it was the thing that brought most of us here). It was a shining beacon, our crowned jewel, the very first forum you see when you pull up the ER forums. Most people put their rules first, but WE'RE TOO COOL FOR RULES.
    But yeah. To hear that SMBC is now a finished game...it's easily understandable how that would leave a bit of a "...Well, now what?" attitude in the air.

Now what, you say? Now you form teams and make your own games. ReNeX already has a head start. Go.

Faruga likes this.
  19. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Guys really

Lost Levels + more skins, and the majority response is "More?" It is really tiring seeing this happen every update.

Go play the game

World 1-1, Rey D and Anon421 like this.
  20. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Believe it. The first thing that will happen when you release the source code (If that ever happens) will be a "Community Edition" being announced with ReNeX on the lead, probably. :p

Mitewing and Faruga like this.