Super Mario Bros. Crossover 3.1

People have been asking for The Lost Levels to be added to Super Mario Bros. Crossover for a long time, so we decided to do it.

1. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

There's always Super Action Squad to look forward to! :D

I know things have been quiet on that front for a while but don't mistake it for a lack of work being done, we've got some awesome stuff planned for SAS and we've all been working on it while Blaine has been working on SMBC. Once we get to the point where we have some cool stuff to show you guys I'm sure you'll be just as excited for SAS as you would be for another SMBC update, if not more so. :)

The spirit of SMBC will continue on in SAS so I hope you guys are looking forward to it!

Faruga and TiagoDu like this.
  2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

"Added Magma Bazooka weapon for Mega Man and Bass"

HOLY FUCK

3. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

No Treble Booster, Rush Jet nor Rush Marine, though.
    Trollface.png

Dimpsy likes this.
  4. aliceandsven

We got some new stuff we thought we'd never have but not all of it, wow what a shame

Thank you ER for three years of excitement and one of the best fan-games on the internet

Rey D, Faruga and Anon421 like this.
  5. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Oh look my Ryu Clone skin made it in. And SMB Luigi. <3

silentshadowxp and Mitewing like this.
  6. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

They could at least make an external skin loader on SMBC. :p

Apart from that the game is GRRRRRRRRRREAT! It may be Game Over, but hell it deserves the best game over screen ever!

Mariofan5000 and Faruga like this.
  7. aliceandsven

>it's "game over"

Seriously, go play the game

8. TiagoDu

I AM playing the game, in fact. It's "Game Over" in the sense that there will be nothing more apart from what's already in, like an "Ending Game Over" commonly found on arcades, like that of Sega Rally.

That's why i linked to the "Best Game Over Evah", because the amount of content that is on the game surpassed my expectations (And many's, in fact) by far.

Also, it's likely you didn't find everything on your first playthrough, so you can always play it again, forever, until you get bored with it. In 3.1, that could range anywhere from "A Year" to "Forever". :p

9. Bull3tM0nk3y

Bull3tM0nk3y Level 0: Newbie

It's sad to see SMBC end. Been playing it since it was first featured on Newgrounds.

But I'll gladly play SAS when it comes out.

Goodnight sweet videogaming prince.

10. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

Actually, I had fun supporting this game. I never thought I'd be able to help other people out doing what they like and also see something made by me on such a huge and important game. I mean, this is like one of the biggest indie games out there.
    It's just that this game had an infinite potential, and the final update felt quite rushed up, as there's more music that shoud've been implemented (Belmont's Revenge, Kunio Taichi no Banka, Super Mario Land, etc), maybe some more bugs to be fixed, and there's many good ideas that couldn't make it in, like Arcade SMB, Yoshi's Island skins, Eversion skins, Super Demon Returns map skin, lots of skins representing other awesome franchises, etc.
    On the other hand, the game is huge as it is, and adding even more content to it might cause some trouble to the whole thing (the new update even makes the game feel slower).
    But in the end, this was a great experience overall, and since I feel co-operating for this game is probably the best thing I could've ever done, I'd like to get my username on the credits replaced by my real name, but it's a really common name, and I'm sure many would take credit for what I've done.
    Man, this is hell of a wall text. :p But yeah, thanks again ER team, for giving us one of the best games in existance, and for giving the chance to people to help you out with it. Even the tiniest details count. Be proud of what you've done, everyone. ;)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    Mariofan5000 and Mitewing like this.
  11. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

@Clippit: SML music is in 3.1. :p

Rey D, silentshadowxp and Faruga like this.
  12. TiagoDu

WOOOOOOOO!!! Finally :D

Faruga likes this.
  13. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Real talk, the Lost Levels Map Skin is pretty jarring for some of the BG objects, I may take screenshots of it another day.

14. BTB

BTB Level 5: Spiny

My only concern is that there's a bit more fine-tuning that I'd like to see done. Sure, I take no issue with this being the end for any additional content, but there are some things like what I suggested in several features threads (the "full screen" option is buried too deep in the menu structure, several characters still lack unique invincibility music, random character selection could stand an option to remember the last skin used, and I'd like to be able to deselect certain characters/skins from being selected randomly). None of this seems like it would take much work to do, and it's the kind of polish I'd like to see on a product before declaring it truly "finished".

15. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

Wait

SMBC is... is... over??????

What about Kirby?!?! What about the level creator you promised to be at the last update?!?!

*sobs* well, all good things must come to an end... I heard that shigiru (or however his name is spelled) might retire soon, too... so even the Mario series might end soon... well, god speed, smbc...

huang17 likes this.
  16. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

They're still, somewhat, keeping to their word.
    Blaine has confirmed that he may CONSIDER the Level Editor as a bonus update. Only there may we get a small update to maybe fix a few more bugs, and add some extra skins.
    Besides, Super Retro Squad and stuff.

17. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

This thread has actually gotten way off track... The intention of this thread was to discuss the update itself, not the fact that it's the last update.

Also, @VirtualSonic43, Jay was the one who confirmed that. He's the one who would be doing it.

Rey D, Anon421, Faruga and 1 other person like this.
  18. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

oh... okay. :) I'm a nut for something that allows you to make your own levels.

19. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

[​IMG]

Anon421 and Faruga like this.
  20. Beed28

Beed28 Level 5: Spiny

The update is great and awesome, but I am so gutted that my Pharaoh Man skin wasn't added... I shouldn't have done him in the first place if I knew he wasn't going to be added. :(