Super Mario Bros. Crossover 3.1

People have been asking for The Lost Levels to be added to Super Mario Bros. Crossover for a long time, so we decided to do it.

1. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

You haven't played it yet? I'll never play, but you should try it, I'm betting that it's the best version of the best game in free games history.
    really? tha- never mind, the easier, the better.

2. Nat

Nat Level 6: Lakitu

Well you could with stomping on.
    But it's a bug anyway.

3. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

It has actually been fixed now. We just released 3.1.01 about half an hour ago.

ThomasMink, Faruga, Develon and 3 others like this.
  4. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Lost Levels are so weird, it is not even close as hard as any hard maps yet it is still so much more dang difficult then the other two level pack. I actually failed to beat it so far! Well consider that I do not continue, I always rage quit at a game over.

5. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Has anyone dared play the Hard version of Lost Levels yet?

Faruga likes this.
  6. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

I took a quick short peek. All I can say is they didn't had weed control since a veeeeery long time.

Faruga likes this.
  7. david lindo maldonado

david lindo maldonado Level 2: Koopa

not available in the 3.1 version =(
    it's not funny Jay
    Link.png

8. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

This one:
    [​IMG]
    or this one:
    [​IMG]
    would've been nice additions too, but one just can't get everything in this life. :1up:

Mariofan5000, Mitewing and Dimpsy like this.
  9. Mitewing

I attempted to play Lost Levels on Hard. The level is almost unrecognizable. I mean that in a GOOD way!!! I couldn't get past the really tall Bullet Bill cannon, FYI. I really love what you guys did with the level. The barrels and their placement reminded me of Donkey Kong. I played as Gemini Man and was happy to see his laser was added per my suggestion! Great job with the game's Swan Song!

Faruga likes this.
  10. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Be grateful for what you have instead of demanding more.

Nat, Develon, World 1-1 and 8 others like this.
  11. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I think most of us understand the intentions, and are very excited for SAS. And this is the smartest move you guys can make right now regarding Crossover. But I personally don't think that people are taking it the wrong way. I think it's legitimate to be sad that the game will not likely be updated anymore. I think CHAOS_FANTAZY said it best:
    Crossover was the first spark of life to this constantly growing community. And while SAS will carry on the spirit of Crossover, there's a lot about Crossover that it can't give us. It can't give us all of the characters and levels that we grew up with over the years, and it doesn't support the HUGE skinning community that Crossover had supporting it (which is the main reason I've been here so long and so often).

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely appreciative of all the support you have given this game over it's life span, and the fact that it was provided to us for free. It's one of my top favorite games of all time, and has inspired me to continue to pursue a hobby that I have enjoyed for a long time. I can't put into words how grateful I am for all of that. I'm also really excited for SAS, and I plan on continuing to support you guys through it's development (which is why I pledged enough to become a beta tester).

But I don't think that all of that means we can't be at least a little sad to see the end of updates to Crossover. And that goes vice versa, just because we are sad to see the end of updates, that doesn't mean we aren't grateful and excited for SAS.

(writing this with the best of intentions, not trying to argue)

Dochobin, Develon, Mitewing and 3 others like this.
  12. Jim McKigney

Jim McKigney Level 0: Newbie

My thoughts on this update considering it the final version:

But seriously I love this game and even though I didn't jump at the opportunity at first, I can support Super Action Squad however I can. But we can also do a community version where the community can make new content with someone doing quality control as well. Anyways, I'm glad that the lost levels are added completing the Super Mario Bros 1 Triforce in this whole project.

Mitewing and Mariofan5000 like this.
  13. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

Whilst I'm sad that the updates are stoped...
    All I have is this:

A reletivly nice way of closing it in a TV Show fashion, from all around the world.

14. Mitewing

That was beautifully well said. I think all of us feel the same way!

15. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Umm... SMBC didn't exactly offer all of those possibilities either. These kinds of games just cannot cater to every single thing everybody wants.

Mariofan5000 likes this.
  16. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

Ryu_000.png
    I see you've finally replaced the Dragon Sword for a custom Irene sprite on every Ryu skin. ...that's pretty cool.

MegaMan_015.png
    I also see you've fixed those misaligned sprites I've reported days ago. ...that's also pretty cool. Yeah.

17. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it is something I observed that is different from previous versions...

Every multi-coin block now has a max of 16 coins instead of the previous 15. Not sure why that particular detail would change, but there it is. And, nut that I am about collecting coins sometimes, the ones I have to hit from below instead of shoot or whatever.. I'm so used to it being 15, that I almost always forget about that 16th coin. :)

18. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I had changed it because I was under the impression that there were supposed to be 16 coins in them. However, a quick search for the info reveals that it is indeed supposed to be 15. I'm not sure why I thought it was supposed to be 16. I guess 15 does make more sense, with hex values ranging from 0-15.

TheomanZero and ThomasMink like this.
  19. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

I've noticed a mistake in the end credits, the part about Super Action Squad still reads "Super Retro Squad"
    Also, it'd be nice if the games list had the games in their original release date order.

20. Beed28

Beed28 Level 5: Spiny

Also, the bug affecting Koopa Troopers, the Hammer Bros. and Bowser when leaving and then revisiting areas they're in hasn't been fixed. I hope this can be fixed!