Super Mario Bros. Crossover 3.1

People have been asking for The Lost Levels to be added to Super Mario Bros. Crossover for a long time, so we decided to do it.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Which bug is this?

2. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

I also don't like the Bowser Twin beeing differently colored that Bowser in SMAS Skins. As well as the fact that Bowser doesn't do his hurt animation when hit by projectiles, nor that the normal bridge isn't used for Bowser's bridge in SMB3 skins ala SMA4. Nor that Bowser uses custom walking sprites unlike the ones in SMA4. And check the 8-bit SMB3 Bowser. And it also seems that Bowsers SMAS skin is still bugged (doesn't stay the other enemy, but rather changes to Bowser mid-fall, who is supposed to use his hurt sprites) and that Bowser's true form in Worlds 9-D is also wrong (sorta).
    World 9:Bowser
    World A:Red Koopa Troopa (falls off standing upright, so it's probably meant to be a Para-Troopa)
    World B:Green Cheep-Cheep
    World C:Bullet Bill
    World D:Bowser
    They all throw hammers in SMAS, BTW.
    Also, Flase Bowser's are thecnically a reuse of normal Bowser's object, so they are supposed to start the Bowser music, and have a limited space to walk around (they stop moving at a certain point.)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  3. sbq92

We made a variety of changes we figured might be unpopular among some people, but we had a limited time frame (because I'm leaving), and we can't please everyone anyway. Despite some details in things like animation and music, though, Bowser and Fake Bowser function properly as enemies that need to be passed or defeated in order to progress.

Also, what's wrong with 8-bit SMB3 Bowser?

4. Mariofan5000

The animation he does when falling off the bridge is different from the SNES one.

5. Beed28

Beed28 Level 5: Spiny

6. sbq92

I think it's fine the way it is. We don't really have time to be changing a bunch of skins and stuff at this point. We're mainly just looking for game-breaking bugs or things like mislabeled level objects. If there is an actual error on a skin (not just a difference in preference), I'll look into it, but otherwise I intend to leave skins as they are now.

I've reported this to Jay. I can't promise he'll fix it, but it's been reported.

7. Mariofan5000

I've noticed some of those "check-box fails" in some of the later castles in LL
    A.K.A. Some of the easy/hard mode objects appear in normal maps.

8. sbq92

If you could report where these are it would be helpful.

9. Mariofan5000

I think 8-4 and D-4 in LL, but there might be more.

10. sbq92

Ah, okay. Those two were actually already reported, but if you come across any others, it would be great if you could report them. Thanks!

11. smashbro596

smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

another thing i noticed: lost levels were in... but only worlds 1 through 8 were included. no 9-d???
    or.... unless you have to unlock them... ?

12. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Fantastic update.
    I had always hoped my Mega Man X skin would make it, but I can't really complain.

Faruga, Mitewing and sbq92 like this.
  13. sbq92

Worlds 9 through D are in it, and you don't have to unlock them. After finishing 8-4 you simply move on to 9-1, and so on.

@
    uglyrodent: We actually tried to add an X skin for 3.0, but the problem was that he has too many frames in his walk cycle, and we couldn't find any three frames that looked even merely okay, so unfortunately it didn't work out.

14. smashbro596

smashbro596 Level 3: Paratroopa

thanks for that. >.<
    also, minor gripe.... but i think there could have been skins for mario and luigi that change the music for the famicom release of lost levels (you notice the ending theme has a second verse pitched higher than the original song) since this WAS a famicom game and the famicom version DID have a different soundchip

Develon, Faruga and Mariofan5000 like this.
  15. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I really liked the LL version of the Princess theme, so I agree with this.

Faruga likes this.
  16. Mariofan5000

I've noticed how the 16-bit Link and Dark Link skins still have only 2 frames of walking animation unlike Hero and Heroine, which they were based on.
    EDIT: I just found another bug:
    When playing as Simon and using the stopwatch around a Lakitu, that Lakitu will continue to throw Spiny''s Eggs even though every thing else is frozen. And the music doesn't pause when using the stopwatch, either.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    Faruga likes this.
  17. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Hmmm... I might just suck but I think 9-4 is unbeatable with Ryu. I just can't seem to grab the ledge in the beginning.

18. sbq92

Unfortunately, I think this is the lag issue. I just tested it and was able to grab it consistently.

19. sbq92

(Double-posting for alert purposes.)

@Foxfiend : I made an adjustment that should allow Ryu to be able to make it up there even if the lag issues are occurring.

TheomanZero and Urutsune like this.
  20. Mariofan5000

You might wanna check all of the Lost Levels for errors. I've already noticed some (like a :brick: being where a :cblock: should be in World D-4, or that there is a ceiling block placed where a :cblock: should be in World... can't remember which castle).
    Also, is it possible to have the princess at the end of World 8-4 in LL w/o triggering the end credits (which still say "Super Retro Squad" instead of "Super Action Squad")?