Super Mario Bros. Crossover Character Voting Thread (READ THE RULES)

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Crownjo, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

THIS SURVEY IS NOT ENDORSED BY EXPLODING RABBIT. I am only a user on this fourm just like you. But I decided to make this because Capcom-Unity did this for Marvel vs Capcom 3. So I thought you guys would like to do somthing like this too. But this is mearly opinion. It will NOT determine who'll be the next character be in SMBC.

- I cannot flat-out guarantee that your character will be in SMBC. Jay works very hard on the game with 2.0 in the works and future updates. This is only just a simple opinion on who you want.

- 8-BIT CHARACTERS ONLY. This is a game for 8-bit characters from NES games. Only other 8-bit console is Sega Master System which was 8-bit So I will allow it. So no 16-bit or 32-bit based characters.

- THE THREAD WILL BE LOCKED DURING THE NIGHT. This is so we don't risk people breaking the rules while the mods are asleep. There's no specific time yet, but at about 10 PM PST is when the thread will close & about 8 AM PST is when it'll open.

- YOU CAN ONLY VOTE ONCE. We're allowing everyone to voice their opinion equally.

- DO NOT EDIT YOUR POST. It's frustrating when people are trying to tally up votes after someone edits their post, as the results might change due to someone changing your vote. Once you post it, your choices stay, so choose wisely.

- NO PICTURES. It just makes it harder to keep track of votes. Simply stating your character through text is fine.

- Don't make alt. accounts. Not only an rule in general, but making alt. accounts just to bump your votes is just unfair.

- You can vote for 3 characters minimum, & 5 characters max. Don't vote for 1 or 2 or 8 characters. Only vote for 3, 4, or 5.

- Don't vote for the same character multiple times. Don't do something like "Sonic, Sonic, Kirby".

- Please be specific as to who you want. For example, if you want Luigi, state which one since there's multiple versions. Don't say "Someone from *name of series*", as that's not being specific as to who you want.

- Don't quote people. No discussions or comments,

- If ANY of these rules are broken, your post will be deleted. If you realize the mistake you made, I'll be nice & let you post again, should you follow the rules the next time you post.

- Follow the rules. It's important that everyone follows the rules so they can see everyone's option. I am working with the mods so this topic can be fun and simple to use.

- VOTING WILL END MAR. 26TH AT MIDNIGHT PST. OR CLOSE TO THAT TIME.

2. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

1. Getsu Fuma (Getsu Fuma Den)
    2. Luigi (Lost Levels)
    3. Rad Spencer (Bionic Commando)

Going to add details. Votes hasnt changed.

3. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

1. Rash
    2. Nova (Power Blade)
    3. Thonolan (Kick Master)
    4. Kirby
    5. Leonardo (TMNT)

4. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

1. Scrooge McDuck (DuckTales)
    2. Kirby
    3. Protoman (Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10)

5. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

1. Princess Peach (SMB 2)
    2. Luigi (Lost Levels)
    3. Rash (Battletoads)
    4. Protoman (Megaman 9 & 10)
    5. Alex/Kunio (River City Ransom)

6. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

1. Rash (Battletoads)
    2. Luigi (SMB2)
    3. Scrooge McDuck (Duck Tales)
    4. Ninja Turtle *It doesn't matter which one but If I ad to choose, Donatello (TMNT)
    5. Alex/Kunio (River City Ransom)

7. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Why I need to vote for at least 3 character? Just why? What if someone not interested in that much characters? I don't see the reason for it. But whatever, let's do this!

1. Firebrand (Gargoyle Quest 2)
    2. Arthur (Ghosts & Goblins)
    3. Steve Hermann[also known by the codename Shatterhand] (Shatterhand)
    4. Nova (Power Blade)

8. pokemondream

pokemondream Level 5: Spiny

1.rash
    2.kirby
    3.scrooge mcduck (duck tales)
    4/sonic(master system)

9. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

1. Kirby
    2. Rash
    3. Pit
    4. Sonic
    5. Solid Snake

10. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

I like writing long, rambly posts that explain why I want something. If you have too short an attention span for that junk, then skip to the end of this post.

First and foremost, I am the creator of the Support Group for Protoman. I mentally slave, trying to create the perfect music set for him. I wrote out his entire moveset in detail, and--as a side project--I will build him a skin for Mega Man if he never quite makes it. Needless to say, my first vote goes to Proto Man.

It's a similar story with Bass, although most of the focus goes to Proto Man. My second vote goes to Bass. Normally, this would be all I want, but I've been asked to fill out 5, so I will...

Thirdly, Kirby. Well...he's Kirby. The way I have a moveset planned for him is easier in some ways, but more demanding in others. Not much to say there.

Fourth, Sonic, partially because I'd genuinely like to see him, but also so ALL THESE GOSH-DARNED FANBOYS WILL SHUT UP!

Finally, Scrooge McDuck from Ducktales. If nothing else, to hear the glorious, epic Moon Theme. I, myself, do not own Kirby's Adventure or Ducktales, which would explain why I have so little to say.

TL;DR VERSION:

1. Proto Man (Mega Man 3 onward)
    2. Bass (Mega Man 8, Bass, and 10)
    3. Kirby (Kirby's Adventure and beyond)
    4. Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog continuum)
    5. Scrooge McDuck (Ducktales)

11. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

1. Rash (Battletoads + Battletoads and Double Dragon)

2. Scrooge McDuck (Ducktales + Ducktales 2)

3. Pit (Kid Icarus)

4. Kirby (Kirby's Adventure)

5. The Turtles from TMNT (TMNT 1, 2, and 3)

12. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

1. Luigi (Lost Levels with SMB DX color scheme)
    2. Toad (SMB 2)
    3. Radd Spencer
    4. Kirby
    5. Sonic

13. Dr Akula

Dr Akula Level 0: Newbie

1. Kirby
    2. Leonardo (TMNT)
    3. Bop-Louie (Ufouria)
    4. Proto Man (Mega Man 9-10)
    5. Sonic (Master System)

14. fire sonic power

fire sonic power Level 7: Bloober

1.Sonic the hedgehog (Master System)
    2.Batman
    3.Proto Man
    4.Fred Flinstone (Flinstones rescue of dino and hoppy)
    5.Kirby (why isn't he in the game yet?)

15. SovereignII

SovereignII Level 3: Paratroopa

Ok i'm pulling from the wiki plus I will be adding my reasons so here I go.

Lakitu (Super Mario Bros.)
    Simply put he would add a very different style of play not your normal stomp or shoot your way threw the level character.
    Valkyrie (Macross)
    It would add another style of play with it's three modes Fighter, Guardian and Battloid.
    Hammer Bros. (Power-Up Style 4: Super Mario Bros. 3)
    Simply put I have always wanted to play as one.

We have a lack of female characters so I think we could also do with princess Peach,Mai Shiranui, Ayane or Chun-li
    I personally think Ayane, Mai Shiranui or chun-li geared to close quarters would do best here simply for the fact it would agin add a new experience to the game.

Personally I would not mind if jay takes the time to add another mode of play like battle mode with unlock-able content for it.
    Or the much wanted 2-player co-op side by side mode of play.
    But that is just me.

Sorry if this post got a bit rambley or long for that matter.

------Short version------
    Most wanted: Lakitu (Super Mario Bros.)
    Second Most: Valkyrie (Macross)
    Third most: Hammer Bros.

waiting for 2-player side by side

16. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

1 Pit
    2 Scrooge McDuck
    3 Rad Spencer
    4 Sir Arthur

17. pinkpuff

pinkpuff Level 3: Paratroopa

1. Luigi (Lost Levels)
    2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (all of them as one char; see the wiki)
    3. Kirby

18. NanTheDark

NanTheDark Level 2: Koopa

1.- Shatterhand
    2.- Felix the Cat (why not?)
    3.- Kirby
    4.- Lost Levels Luigi
    5.- Pit

19. yerffej

yerffej Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

1. Luigi from The Lost Levels
    2. Rash from Battletoads
    3. Kirby
    4. Pit

20. Rockstar_Bob

Rockstar_Bob Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

5: Rad Spencer
    4: Kirby
    3: Rash
    2: Protoman
    1: Alucard*

* Normally, I'd vote Trevor Belmont. But seeing as Jay is going to just have Character Skins available, I'll settle for Trevor being a Simon skin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.