Super Mario Bros. Crossover Character Voting Thread (READ THE RULES)

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Crownjo, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superleaf

Superleaf Level 1: Goomba

Wow, this thread actually made me make an account just to put my votes up. I love SMBC and being an influence on who may be released for the game next is quite an honor so, I thank you for creating this thread and hearing my opinion, even if jay decides to just go by his own rules.

Also, I'm going to elaborate on which characters I want to be in the game because I feel I should do so and it would prevent any obvious questions as to why I'm voting for these characters.

Summery on the bottom.

My first pick will be pit, from kid icarus. Since I've started playing this game, I couldn't help but constantly imagine how much fun this game would be if it had pit in it. He could start out with just his bow with fire, mushroom would give him long range and flower would give him crystal and a 1 time fall on each level. Kid icarus also has one of the best BGMs in video game history, and a suiting theme for each level. regular levels could be underworld, night levels could be level 3 theme. The castle would be the dungeon theme, underground would be level 2 and water levels would be the road to medusa theme. I do hope this can help Jay picture him in the game, he would a phenomenal character.

second pick would be arthur from ghosts and goblins. Great music for themes, greats weapons and he would join simon in having a double jump feature. I'm not too sure how the weapons would be made to fit the powerups, maybe there would be a switch feature. But it would be cool to see him join the fray.

thrid would be kirby. I would put kirby higher on my choices, but as much as I'd love to see him, I don't know how he would quite fit in. If he was made to copy every enemy in the game, I think he would quickly overpower the rest of the characters and there would be no need for the mushrooms and fire flowers, but if he didn't have the copy ability, I don't see how else he would fit in and still be kirby. But, here's hoping that something can be figured out for this guy.

fourth would be radd spencer from bionic commando. This guy would be a really cool addition to the squad. Bionic commando has some pretty spiffey music, a variety of good weapons and the swing feature would be overly addicting. The only problem with have him in the game is that it would be difficult to navigate certain levels and a custom jump sprite would probably be the best course of action. Besides that, sophia 3 already has the ability to cling to walls as well as ryu, So I don't have much hopes of him making it, but he still gets one of my votes.

Lastly, I'd want to see Bass. I suppose an 8-bit skin of megaman would be the easiest way to make him, but I believe he would a nice addition to the roster. An air dash, 4-shots instead of megaman's 3, and perhaps a cool treble mix when you get a flower. one problem I think would be is which music to get for his stages, he only has 1 theme, and theres 5 level types. Other than that, I would really like to see him in this game. I just rather see everybody else that I mentioned first before him just for the pure nostalgia and I think it would a bit more fitting.

Thanks if you read it all

TL/DR

1. pit (kid icarus)
    2. Arthur (ghosts and goblins)
    3. kirby
    4. radd spencer (bionic commando)
    5. Bass (megaman series)

2. Metalhog

Metalhog Level 6: Lakitu

1. Sonic the Hedgehog
    2. Kirby
    3. Luiggi

3. jerry

jerry Level 6: Lakitu

Pretty much
    1.Scrooge
    2.Arthur

Kind of Rash and River City Ransom guy.

4. insaneninja

insaneninja Level 6: Lakitu

1 kirby
    2 lakitu
    3 luigi (lost levels)
    4 scrooge
    5 link ( the legend of zelda 2 [ new character ] )

5. BURGERMAN

BURGERMAN Level 6: Lakitu

1- Kirby (Kirby's adventure)
    2- Pit (Kid Icarus)
    3- Ice Climbers (Duh)
    4- Scrooge (Ducktales)
    5- Toad (SMB2)

6. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

1. Kirby (Kirby :p)
    2. Yumetaro (Gimmick)
    3. Bass (Mega Man 10)
    4. Radd Spencer (Bionic Commando)
    5. Arthur (Ghosts 'N Goblins)

7. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

1. Kirby (Kirby's Adventure
    2.Rash (Battletoads)
    3.Sonic( Sonic)

8. Magicoa

Magicoa Level 0: Newbie

1.Kirby
    2.Sonic
    3.Rash
    4.Bass
    5.Luigi

9. Walrus

Walrus Level 2: Koopa
    Patron

1. Kirby (Kirby's Adventure)
    2. Master Higgins (Adventure Island trilogy)
    3. Scrooge McDuck (DuckTales)
    4. Bub (Bubble Bobble)

10. Metalhog

Can I correct my voting and just put Sonic & Kirby?

If I can put just two options, I`ll do:

1. Sonic
    5. Kirby

When we`ll see the results?

11. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

1 - Kirby
    2 - Pit
    3 - Arthur (Ghosts n Goblins)
    4 - Bomberman
    5 - Donkey Kong

12. Diego Jurado Noboa

Diego Jurado Noboa Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Radd Spencer (Bionic Commando)
    The only way I can see Spencer working without altering the levels any further, would be if he were able to latch-on and swing through pipes. Regardless of how it’s done, Bionic Commando is a superb franchise, and an incredible platformer. Radd Spencer is a great character, and besides being able to use his fire-arms and bionic limbs for swinging, he could also deflect some projectiles with his bionic arm, such as Hammer Bros Hammers, maybe even Bullet Bills and Bowser Fire.

Sonic the Hedgehog (SEGA Master System)
    Sonic would start out with nothing but running, jumping, and rolling moves. After eating a mushroom, he will learn the spindash (Sonic Chaos), and Super Peel-Out (Sonic Chaos). Then, after he gets the Fire Flower, he gains his Double-Jump technique from Sonic Blast.

Vic Viper (Gradius)
    An automatic scroll mode through one of the best space shoot-em-ups is still missing, and Gradius would fit that role perfectly. Power up your ship through the easier levels at the beginning, to become a monster in water, underground, and castle levels, where skill and firepower will be needed.

TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
    All four turtles in one single package. This is how I see it working.
    You start out with Raph (short range, poor projectile), through Mushroom you get Leonardo (better range, better projectile), and with the Fire Flower, you get Donatello (best range, best projectile). Mike is missing… either make him the “damsel”, make him the Star Man sprite power up (in a skateboard) or make him the underwater sprite.

Mike (StarTropics)
    Perhaps the most underrated character in the history of Nintendo.
    Mike would attack with a yoyo in 4 directions. When he gets a Mushroom, his range is increased through the upgraded weapon shooting star. With the fireflower, he gets the best weapon of all, SuperNova. Secondary weapons would work as well, since Mike has a HUGE arsenal of weapons. Yoyo level = Baseball bat (equivalent of Link’s spinattack)
    Shooting Star level = Asterisk (twin shurikens that fly together, and then each blasts off at a 90° angle opposite of each other at 4 times the speed)
    Supernova level = Faser gun. A super strong alien gun with very poor range.

tl;dr

Radd Spencer (Bionic Commando)
    Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic 1, 2 sprites. Chaos/Triple Trouble/Blast special abilities)
    Vic Viper (Gradius)
    TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
    Mike Jones (StarTropics)

13. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

1. Sonic
    2. Captain Falcon
    3. Yoshi

14. Metalhog

Did you answered my survey about Sonic? :) Thank you!

15. SamusTheHedgehog

SamusTheHedgehog Level 0: Newbie

Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog [Gamegear, master system])
    Kirby (Kirbys Adventure)
    Mike Haggar (Mighty Final Fight)

16. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Today is the final day. Mods can you close this tomorrow?

17. staticblooper

staticblooper Level 0: Newbie

1. Solid Snake (Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake)
    2. Kirby
    3. Pit
    4. Pikachu (Pokemon Yellow)

Although there is already a Konami guy with a sweet-ass gun, Solid Snake is waaaay more iconic IMO. Plus Metal Gear 2 was an amazing game. Kirby and Pit should already be there annnnnd pikachu's there for sh%$z and giggles.

:)

18. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

how are you going to announce the results if it's closed?

19. BaucchTabasco

BaucchTabasco Level 6: Lakitu

1) pikachu
    2) kirby
    3) sonic

20. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

NO MORE POSTS BEYOND THIS ONE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.