Super Mario Bros. Crossover Final Character Voting (Poll)

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Captain Knight, Mar 27, 2011.

?

Which of these characters would you want the most in the next version of SMBC?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2011.
  1. Kirby (Kirby's Adventure)

39.0%
  2. Rash (Battletoads + Battletoads & Double Dragon)

7.3%
  3. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)

17.1%
  4. Pit (Kid Icarus)

7.3%
  5. Scrooge McDuck (DuckTales + DuckTales 2)

2.4%
  6. Protoman (Mega Man 3-10)

4.9%
  7. Sir Arthur (Ghosts N' Goblins)

7.3%
  8. Luigi (Super Mario Bros. 2 The Lost Levels)

9.8%
  9. Rad(d) Spencer (Bionic Commando)

2.4%
  10. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 + 2 + 3)

2.4%
  1. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

Alright, now since we have the results over with, let's get onto the final chapter of the character voting, the poll.

The rules are simple :

Pick the character THAT YOU WANT MOST in the next update of Super Mario Bros. Crossover.

You can discuss, don't worry. Just don't make alternate accounts just to increase your favorite character's vote, that's stupid.

The only change you will notice from the results is that there will be no Bass but is replaced with the Turtles from TMNT. This is because the TMNTs would be more revolutionary then Bass and that you can't do 11 people in a poll.

This poll ends in 30 days.

CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTERS WISELY!!!

2. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Well I voted for Rash. After all that effort put into him, (music, abilities, damage level of attacks on enemies and F*****G CHARTS!) he had BETTER make it into this game! LOL

3. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

I want 'em all! But as it's "you want the most", I can only choose Kirby.
    I really wanted Rash, Pit, Sonic, but Kirby is the most classic 8-bit character that hasn't joined yet.

4. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I can't believe Rash is competing with Kirby.

5. bnjay29

I on the other hand CAN :-P

6. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

Waaah!! Why nobody pays attention to Weegee?!

7. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

This would be clearly Arthur and Kirby for me. I mean they are true classic video game heroes. Since Kirby is more problematic to do I choose Arthur.

8. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

At this point, I guess my preference among all the characters in the poll is Kirby. He is a great character, he'd be unique, and he is a very iconic Nintendo character.

9. MDK

MDK Level 1: Goomba

I went with Pit, simply because despite his recent spike in popularity, he and his games still need more love than any other on the list - he still has only three games to his name total.

I'm aware that on the basic level, he is essentially a shorter Samus without the morph ball or bombs, so he'd pretty much need his flight mode from the final level of Kid Icarus implemented in some way to stand out, which could not only be difficult to implement, but could essentially break him. Still, it's all about choice - if he's too broken, you don't have to use him.

10. Ganymede

Ganymede Level 5: Spiny

I chose Kirby. The efforts of the Rash group are really admirable, but I just see myself having more fun with Kirby.

11. bnjay29

If I could have a second pick, it would be Kirby as well. Too bad we can't have both in there! But then again, who can tell....

12. sbq92

Wow... Either a bunch of people haven't voted yet, or Rash lost a bunch of support once Kirby was in the picture. Crazy.

13. aliceandsven

Kirby would bring more to the game.

14. sbq92

Agreed.

Is there any indication whatsoever that Jay has been following this poll and will for sure add the winning character, or is it more to simply reveal to him the interest of the community so he'll have a better feel for who would be the best to add next?

15. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Wow! Most of the characters are ones I want to make it almost equally. Truly, iconic status and playability are the deciding factors to me. So I'm gonna have to think about it for a while.

16. aliceandsven

I'm pretty sure Jay is not following the poll. Prospects for future characters are "Something no one is ever going to expect, it's not on the poll" (next character) and "it's something people have wanted since the beginning" (a future character)

17. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

Rash, yeah call me crazy but Rash would be the first character to actully fight WITHOUT weapons. But I'm not gonna get into this now I have more work to do with Rash. But I am willing to wait for a double character addition if it happened.

Still sure go ahead and troll me but I just don't see this whole game play thing with Kirby... I dunno. Just seems like he would make the game too easy with his 50 jumps or so.

18. aliceandsven

The game is already really easy, I think that's out of the window by now.

Jay has made changes to certain characters, If Kirby's infinite flight is too much, then I don't see why he couldn't tone it down somehow.

No one is trying to troll you and no one wants to troll you, btw.

19. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

Well extreme isn't easy, but yeah I know there are no trolls on this forum (yay :D) but Thats one of the other things Kirby is known for: Jumping A LOT.

Like I said I'm not gonna get into a huge debate right now. I'm writing poems! ^_^

20. Kirby

Kirby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I voted Kirby, because hes made of awesome. and pink stuff. but mostly awesome. but yeah kirby shouldnt have infinite flight. maybe he can do that thing where he boosts himself in the air when flying like twice or maybe three times. HOWEVAR I WILL NOT SETTLE UNTIL THAT MARSHMALLOW IS IN THE GAME. I like rash, he would be number 3 on my list for people to be in game (after kirby and pit), but since kirby is on the list to vote for, im voting kirby

EDIT:OHHH MYYY GOOOD, THIS POLL ENDS ON THE DAY SUPER MARIO BROS CROSSOVER WAS RELEASED [​IMG]