Super Mario Bros. Crossover Final Character Voting (Poll)

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Captain Knight, Mar 27, 2011.

?

Which of these characters would you want the most in the next version of SMBC?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2011.
  1. Kirby (Kirby's Adventure)

39.0%
  2. Rash (Battletoads + Battletoads & Double Dragon)

7.3%
  3. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)

17.1%
  4. Pit (Kid Icarus)

7.3%
  5. Scrooge McDuck (DuckTales + DuckTales 2)

2.4%
  6. Protoman (Mega Man 3-10)

4.9%
  7. Sir Arthur (Ghosts N' Goblins)

7.3%
  8. Luigi (Super Mario Bros. 2 The Lost Levels)

9.8%
  9. Rad(d) Spencer (Bionic Commando)

2.4%
  10. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 + 2 + 3)

2.4%
  1. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I said Luigi. Because without him it's not SMBC. It's SMC!!!

2. Kirby

Kirby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

You know what... You have a good point. It doesnt have luigi, so how can it be SMBC without luigi? now hes number 2 on my list... next to Kirby

3. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

When did Jay say this again? I don't remember.

4. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Actually, on Newgrounds the game is called "Super Mario Crossover".

5. Ian Mallard

Ian Mallard Guest

Yea! Kirby is winning so far!

6. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

It's information that has come down the vine from other people close to Jay

7. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

No, on Newgrounds it's still called "Super Mario Bros. Crossover". But the site has a limit for how long the name can be, so he was forced to shorten it.
    If you load the game on Newgrounds, it will have the full title on the start screen.

Anyway, I don't know if I said this, but I am sure I didn't. Still holding out for Pit.

COME ON PEOPLE! KID MOTHERFUCKING ICARUS!

8. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Yes, I knew that, it's the same as the version 1.0, but the name in the site was shorter. I think I already saw bigger names there, maybe it didn't need to be shortened, but it's OK. I just wanted to give that information to the people.

9. Diego Jurado Noboa

Diego Jurado Noboa Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Come on Sonic fans. Where are you lot?

I would've gone with TMNT first, but gathering TMNT fans is a lot harder. And I'm addicted to 2D Sonic gameplay, so...

10. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

*Puts a wet towel on Proto Man's head, and gives him another E-Tank*
    Live, Protoman, live...! Where's my team when I need them?!

11. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Remember this poll is only a opinion.

12. aliceandsven

An opinion of epic victory for the Pink Puff

(wait what??)

13. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I am surprised Kirby has that many votes.

14. powergo

powergo Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Kirby is the second most-known NES charicter here, next to luigi, but he is still not as epic as a pink ball with a parallel dimention in his stomach

15. Superleaf

Superleaf Level 1: Goomba

I must say, kirby would be a superb addiction to the game. But in the event that he is just too hard a character to adapt to the smbc gameplay(which he most likely will be) I'm sticking with pit for my vote. Should he be too hard to render and is scratched from the list, the next highest person would be sonic, luigi and rash and I'd MUCH rather have pit than any of those 3 chars.

sonic wouldn't be that bad I suppose, but I think he would feel really bland compared to everybody else, almost like another mario.

Luigi is even closer to mario than sonic is, just jumps slightly higher and runs slightly slower so thats not very original but I wouldn't mind his addition if it wouldn't interfere with another character's addition save for rash.

Rash, I don't see being very fun to play at all. If he was anything like he would be in battletoads, then he would just be too weak and it would take him too long to kill things and most people would probably find themselves just jumping past everything. He would need to have a COMPLETE overhaul on just about everything ranging from stats, jumping height and attack power. I honestly don't see how he would fit into smbc at all, kirby definatly has a better chance than he would. But this is merely my opinion, to the people who really want to see him in the game and are putting forth their utmost effort to make that happen, I salute you. I just would much rather have just about any other character that would fit better.

As far as pit being a samus clone, I have to agree somewhat. However, I'm sure he would be a tad stronger, shoot slower, jump lower, etc. There are plently of ways to make him stand out from samus that won't take from his character and I believe he would be the most reasonable and easiest addition to the smbc roster.

TL/dr: sticking with my pit vote incase kirby gets the boot and I'd much rather have him than any other character.

16. Diego Jurado Noboa

I don't see myself using Kirby too much. His gameplay is slow, and kinda boring IMO. Not to mention he could just fly over everything (if that was the case, I'd rather have the ship from Gradius) Don't get me wrong, he's a great character, and if he can gain powers by absorbing enemies, it'll be a bit more interesting. But meh... A tad slow for my taste.

I'd rather have pretty much anyone else from that list. Hm.. Except Pit perhaps. He's too much like an underpowered Samus.
    Would love to see Nathan Radd Spencer with his unique swinging mechanics.

17. aliceandsven

You will get a low score, and you can't speed run if you just fly over everything.

18. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

It seems like a lot of people are complaining about just flying over everything with Kirby. Here's a tip: don't fly over everything with Kirby. Just because you can fly over levels with Kirby doesn't mean you have to. How often in Kirby's own games do you simply fly over every level? I don't think I ever fly over any of them. Kirby is such a fun character that if you insist on flying over everything you might as well just pull out SOPHIA and turn on the infinite hover cheat. It's exactly the same thing, and it's not a fun way to play the game.

I apologize if that sounds rude or anything. I'm pretty tired right now, and I just do not see the "Kirby can just fly over levels" as a valid argument against Kirby.

19. Diego Jurado Noboa

I don't think it's the same thing because I never turn cheats on. EVER. And since I play Kirby for the story a bit more, I always fly over the levels when I get the chance.

It's not an argument AGAINST Kirby, that I have. I don't have anything against him. I'm just saying how I find him a bit of a boring character, that's all. It's not like I'm waving an anti-Kirby flag or anything, it's just an opinion.

If he's in, good, he's in. He'll probably perma-join Link on the bench after I use him once.

20. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I understand. You aren't the only person who has made any remarks about Kirby's flight making him cheap and boring because he can fly over levels. If it looked like I was singling you out, I didn't mean to. As I said in my post, I was pretty tired, so I was just saying what was on my mind and was speaking against no one in particular.

I definitely have characters like that. Simon is more or less my benched player. I try him every once in a while, but I really prefer many other characters to him.

At any rate, this thread should get back to discussions about the poll. I shouldn't have used this thread to rant about Kirby, and I apologize. :)