Super Mario Bros. Crossover Final Character Voting (Poll)

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Captain Knight, Mar 27, 2011.

?

Which of these characters would you want the most in the next version of SMBC?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2011.
  1. Kirby (Kirby's Adventure)

39.0%
  2. Rash (Battletoads + Battletoads & Double Dragon)

7.3%
  3. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)

17.1%
  4. Pit (Kid Icarus)

7.3%
  5. Scrooge McDuck (DuckTales + DuckTales 2)

2.4%
  6. Protoman (Mega Man 3-10)

4.9%
  7. Sir Arthur (Ghosts N' Goblins)

7.3%
  8. Luigi (Super Mario Bros. 2 The Lost Levels)

9.8%
  9. Rad(d) Spencer (Bionic Commando)

2.4%
  10. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 + 2 + 3)

2.4%
  1. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Crap! I didn't see Luigi on there!

He would be a simple addition, but that's not a bad thing. I believe that something in the game would come full circle if we included him.

With that said, I voted for Arthur because he is practically made for this game and I love the music.

2. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I love Arthur, but I swear for me to play as him in this game without screaming in frustration, he is gonna have to have that easy jump option just like Simon!

3. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I love Arthur as well. He should be easy to program since he is basically Simon with projectile only weapons. I agree he should be in it for the reasons stated above. However I finally decided to vote for Radd. Alongside Kirby and Sonic, he would provide the most interesting and unique gameplay.

4. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Very interesting indeed. For I wonder how would he make it to the flag pole when he has to scale that stairway and there is nothing to latch onto? The guy can't jump after all. Perhaps some floating platforms placed throughout the levels?

5. Diego Jurado Noboa

Diego Jurado Noboa Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Alright! Sonic 2nd!

Sorry turtles. :( Would've loved to see them up there, but there were more likely votes for Sonic.

6. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Oh yeah, the turtles would be awesome too. Good thing the seaweed in this game doesn't kill you!

7. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

Indeed...

8. Metalhog

Metalhog Level 6: Lakitu

I disagree. Sonic actually fight without weapons too. His only "weapon", as Rash`s fists and kicks, are his spining spikes.

And I voted Sonic because it is not acceptable a Mario Crossover game without the blue hedgehog. Although it isn`t a NES character, Mario X Sonic is on our imaginary, he`s a great character and it is playable on 8-bit games. All power-ups looks, powers and music were pratically set on his thread and by survey through discussion. We reached now a very good set, without complications and just easier to Jay program than Kirby (that it is a good character, but not better than Sonic on my opinion).

People are talking about Kirby`s flying jumps, I think that on this side he`s just like Sophia on Underground and Castle Levels, without ANY cheat. It is PIECE OF CAKE with Sophia to just reach the top and going without attacking any enemy until the end of the phase. With Kirby`s flying, would be the same. But I still think that a player that do this is just laaaame.. :p Cool is to destroy and slash with everything! :D

I like Rash, but I prefer the TMNT, that is sadly going bad on the votting but it make much more my infancy (it was the first game I finished on my 10 years old age and I have until today on my 27 - just going to be a daddy - a great collection of action figures of them! :D)

About Luigi, he could be on the game as well, but it would be better if he came with a two-player working engine. That wasn`t why Luigi appeared, like Ken and Ryu on SFI?

9. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Sonic doesn't really have a place in this game in my opinion. None of the levels in this game are designed in the slightest way for Sonic's gameplay. There are lots of obstacles, pits, obstructions, and no ramps. Sonic games were very unique as a platformer, Mario is a very general platforming game, and would fit better with other characters.

10. Metalhog

Oh, the same "litany" again!

This was already WIDELY discussed since on our old Character Request thread. There`s a lot of Sonic levels that shows that he would fit fine on Mario levels, as the Marble Zone underground caves on Sonic 1. You speak as if Sonic was a blue crippled lame unable to overcome obstacles, pits, obstructions, and JUST highly dependent on his speed and ramps, and believe me, he IS NOT! And please, we won`t start AGAIN the discussion about his speed, we already reach the conclusion that speed isn`t a problem, Sonic would be just like Mario but faster without need of holding a buton to speed up! If speed is a problem, we woulnd`t have speedruns on SMBC.

And if space would be sucking for Sonic to reach speed, I tell you the power-ups we discussed on our thread are something that take Sonic instantly to high velocity without need of open space: spindhash and fire-burst, motherfucker! It REALLY solves the "problem"!

Hunf! :mad::mad::mad:

Please don`t mind about my madness, I`m not so ANGRY as it seems. ;)

11. Wariah

Wariah Level 1: Goomba

17,7% for Sonic. Wooo.

12. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

And so Sonic goes 2nd place! :) But I think that the number of voters is still small.

As were said...

13. Wariah

I came here to vote Sonic, but the poll was closed. :(

14. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

Proto Man, the results are in...you got around 5% of the votes...and you got seventh place.
    *Death SFX here*
    Nooooo! Proto Man group, you have failed me!

15. Metalhog

I want to know where are the Rash fans.

I found it a a pity that this thread was somewhat abandoned in recent days. I came here eagerly all week and found no response at all. After all, I really wanted to know where EVERYONE went, not only the fans of Sonic or Rash ... :p

16. Wariah

Do not be sad, it could be worse. At least it was not as shameful as the Scrooge McDuck, Spencer and TMNT.

They were really ... [​IMG] in this poll.

17. Metalhog

LOL!

We could start a petition asking Kirby, Sonic, Luigi and Rash for SMBC and send it to Jay with the results, what do you think?

(Is it really that Jay occasionally reads what we write here? I dunno, sometimes I have my doubts, it seems a bit distant from us sometimes.)

18. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Is it possible to do this using the tools of this forum?

19. Metalhog

I was thinking on using http://www.petitiononline.com/ , Renex.

But I`m losing hope. Sometimes I think Jay will not put any character more in the game, and you know, I'm getting bored with these options of characters it has today, so I often think about leaving sight of the Exploding Rabbit. The current roster of characters none of them were part of my childhood as Sonic or TMNT did.

If at least more people here could support my "Sonic cause" I'd be more excited.... :p

20. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

To be honest, the 3 people that voted were included the most in the thread. yerffej and ketchupninja both did a chunk, but not enough...I guess...

And they both voted for Kirby...