Super Mario Bros Crossover - Mario/Luigi's Moonjump Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Rafa, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Rafa

Rafa Level 1: Goomba

Hello there!, I just had an idea to request this challenge about this nice game. The name's Moonjump Challenge. I've based of "MJ's Moonwalk" but by using jump. All you have to do its simply doing back jumping thats all. Mario and Luigi are the choosen to exploit this ability. I leave some Rules

====Mario/Luigi's Moonjump====
    • Play Mode
    1. -Single Character (Mario or Luigi with Super Mario World's Skin)
    • Difficulty

1. -| Easy | Normal | Hard |
    • Mandatory Cheats
    1. Invicible (Must to activate/desactivate)
    2. Bouncy Pits (Must to activate/desactivate)
    • Goal
    1. -Finish the game with the higher points and fast possible by using the back jumping without dying, using level warp and power-ups
    2. -On Water Levels you must to turn off the Invicible and Bouncy Pits to make the game fair
    3. -Finish all levels with fireworks, excluding castles
    4. -Do not abuse the crouch back jump
    5. -The minimum score on each difficulty its:
    • Easy Classic: 800.000
    • Normal Classic: 600.000
    • Hard Classic: 500.000
    --------------------------------------------
    • Easy Special: 850.000
    • Normal Special: 650.000
    • Hard Special: 550.00
    • Tips and Advices
    1. -Its possible to use the crouch back jump also but do not abuse it because its easy to complete. Using over 5 times its abuse, except on some place that requieres many use of crouch jump. You can use the crouch jump maximum 5 times, each level.
    2. -If you accidently do forward jump, you must to go back at the point you have done. However if you accidently end at the flag pole's area by forward jump you have to do again the Level.
    3. -After you go out from a Pipe move backward and then do the rutine again.
    4. -Its reconmended to end with fireworks for extra points. To get fireworks, the time's digit ends to 1,3,6
    5. OPTIONAL -This playtrough must be recorded and sent at YouTube with the title "Super Mario Bros Crossover - Mario/Luigi's Moonjump Challenge by "yourname". No others music (example: Heavy Metal) can be added at the game. Must be recorded with sound and with a good quality. Also you must to show your cheat list to verify you dont have added others cheats than mentioned before. Also must be shown the difficulty you have choosed
    • Bonus
    1. -Survive the game without using cheats: 50% extra points of your total points
    2. -MoonWalk: 3000 points.
    • Penalties
    1. -Accidently forward jump: -500 points and must to go back at the point he forward jumped
    2. Lose a life: -500 points
    3. -Crouch backward jump abuse: -500 points per jump
    4. -Pick Pow item: -1500 points
    5. -Dont end with fireworks: -3000 points
    6. -Use of Power-Up: -25.000 Points for each power-up you used
    7. -Level Warp: -50.000 points for each use and 10 minutes extra added in your playtime.
    8. Using other skins than the requiered: Game Over
    9. Do not reach the minimum score requiered: Game over

Hope you like it

2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Sorry, but what IS the Moonjump Challenge?

3. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Please describe your challenge parameters in full.

Also, as of 3.0, the difficulties of Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard, and Very Hard will be obsolete. Instead, all of the elements of those difficulties will be completely customizable.

Rafa and uglyrodent like this.
  4. huang17

huang17 Level 3: Paratroopa

Wait...If there will be no difficulty "presets" in 3.0, how will All Hammer Bros and Level Select be unlocked?

5. sbq92

There will be new ways to unlock these cheats.

6. huang17

Hmm...I don't relly like the idea of not having difficulty "presets," for one thing, the original Hard mode was supposed to match the Hard Quest in SMB, but it might take a while to find out how to set that with the new settings.

uglyrodent likes this.
  7. Rafa

uhmm any of Admins/Moderators, i would like to request to close this topic.
    Reason: i'm cancelling this challenge

8. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

You know, it isn't like a once-in-a-lifetime event, it's a challenge ANYONE can enjoy ANYTIME they want. just sayin', they probably won't close the topic because there's no point.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  9. sbq92

It's not that difficult. All of the settings are present for recreating the old difficulty settings. For SMB hard mode, for example:

- Go into More Settings
    - Set Replace Goomba to "Buzzy Beetle"
    - Set Enemy Speed to "Fast" (if applicable, I don't remember if they moved faster in the original)

Done.

I see no reason to lock the thread. If people want to do this challenge they are welcome to do so.

Alkerion likes this.
  10. coolman

coolman Level 5: Spiny

For putting in very easy we have now,how you'll do it?

11. sbq92

This isn't really the place to discuss this. If people would like, I could post the equivalent parameters somewhere else.

uglyrodent likes this.
  12. huang17

Actually, in the "SMBC 3.0 Delayed" post, the options for Time and Platform Size are missing. Will these be in the game when released to the public?

13. sbq92

We removed the timer options because they only applied to the easy modes anyway, and you never actually need 500+ timer ticks to finish a level. We removed the platform size option because the tiny platforms combined with some of the platform-related jumps in the Hard maps made some jumps impossible.

14. sonicmariofan

sonicmariofan Level 3: Paratroopa

well is 3.0 almost playable to the public?

huang17 likes this.
  15. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I can't blame anyone for being all "ONLY X MORE DAYS", since I'm one of the people that does that, but I think it's fair to say ER has heard enough of "are we there yet".

Faruga, sbq92 and Mitewing like this.
  16. Rafa

Ok... If thats for people who wants to do... I dont seem any trouble...