Super Mario Bros. Crossover - The end is coming

Discussion in 'Game' started by Beed28, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Beed28

Beed28 Level 5: Spiny

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/07/14/death-adobe-flash-coming-game-developers-worried

This is worrying. Especially the part about Facebook asking Adobe to kill off Flash and ask browsers to set killbits.

This could spell the end of Super Mario Bros. Crossover as we know it. All those characters. All those skins. Gone forever. And to make things worse, the HTML5 version was cancelled, and the developers have long since moved on.

Hydroper and Mitewing like this.
  2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

When it does become unplayable, if Jay decides not to resume the HTML5 port, I really hope he releases the code. I'm actually thinking about learning to code HTML5 for this purpose.

3. PoppingLuigi

PoppingLuigi Level 1: Goomba

Oh gods, nooooooo!!!!!
    :castle: <- The End

4. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

I have some potential ideas of what to do if Flash dies. I still don't expect it to happen for a while though.

5. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Yes and if it does die if it's OK with @Jay I can put a Mediafire link to a offline Adobe Flash program. If Mediafire will allow me to upload the file.

6. Darkhog

Darkhog Level 1: Goomba

At this point, it's not question of "if", but "when". You see, all major browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Opera) are dropping NPAPI on which Flash depends. I know you have Operation Pyxel to work on, but I'd suggest to revive HTML5 port/release sources so it can be flash-less. You may also be interested in this little thing: https://developers.google.com/swiffy/

Mitewing likes this.
  7. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

The game is too complex to work with Swiffy.

The easiest way would most likely be to covert it to OpenFL, but it would still take a while. Tools for conversions will probably continue to improve though.

Mitewing likes this.
  8. Hydroper

Hydroper Level 1: Goomba

But Jay already didn't a HTML5 version of SMBC (by what I seen in a video on Exploding Rabbit)?

The one that would delay the remake is do all features that are in SMBC and re-do chars.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  9. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

That was cancelled.

Hydroper likes this.
  10. Hydroper

Hydroper Level 1: Goomba

I don't see troubles to remake SMBC in HTML5.
    It will be just possible to continue SMBC updates when change its platform.
    It would be good if Jay would invite us to help in remake SMBC to HTML5...