Super Mario Bros. Crossover - Trailers (Before 3.0)

Trailers for Super Mario Bros. Crossover

1. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

2. Ganymede

Ganymede Level 5: Spiny

THIS. This is how trailers should go.

Also, holy crap, his gameplay looks incredible. One of those "A minute to learn, a lifetime to master," kind of deals.

Can't wait to try it out!

3. Jay

I spent a lot more time designing Ryu because I know I'm not the only one playing my game any more. And I also enjoy making trailers, so I figured I might as well make it awesome. And making videos always gives me a break from programming. I'm excited to see the reaction this video gets.

4. Vinstigator

Vinstigator Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

That trailer was fuckin' awesome! Also love how you made this video Smash Bros. style! When it said "Newcomer Ryu Hayabusa" I was like "oh shit" :eek:

5. Groover

Groover Level 5: Spiny

Holy shit. Can't wait for it. Want play :joy:

6. Ganymede

Totally! I went from zero to OH SHIT in .5 seconds after I saw him come onscreen. I particularly loved the use of the NG clip at the end, hahaha. :joy:

7. Vinstigator

Vinstigator Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Yeah the clip at the end was pretty clever. People were going crazy over this game before Ryu. Imagine how they're gonna react when they find out he's coming to the Mushroom Kingdom...

8. Groover

My sister is still in school. I really want see her reaction for new character.. :mrgreen:

9. Jay

Yeah, I was surprised how crazy people were going over the game already because I know all of the awesome stuff I have planned for it, and it will be way better than it is now. And I really like the clip at the end too. It adds comedy and it's sort of an inside joke for people that played the game.

10. Ganymede

I had always wondered about this. AMazing future updates aside, did you really think that this sort of game would just fly under the radar for NES fans? I mean, this is only what the internet has been trying to do for years and years, be it via crappy flash game or crappy ROMhack, and here you just come out of nowhere, and it's like "This is the first thing I've ever done. It basically seamlessly fulfills one of your biggest childhood fantasies ever, and yeah, I knew nothing about coding when I started. Enjoy! Visit my website!"

Yeah man, folks are gonna talk. :)

11. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

OMG! Just OMFG! I can hardly wait for Ryu... that was some major epic awesomeness! I lol'd so hard on the end XD

12. Cid

Cid Level 1: Goomba

Holy shit, indeed.
    This is too awesome to be praised in words. You are too awesome. Thank you for that epic trailer.
    I'm so happy that you keep on working with the game. Wish every game developer did just that.

13. 0racle

0racle Level 2: Koopa

This will be my new favorite character. You can do some serious damage if you know how to use the shuriken.

14. Darkshadowmark

Darkshadowmark Level 5: Spiny

when is it coming out?

15. mattex66

mattex66 Level 6: Lakitu

Love how you did the SSBB Newcomer thingy Jay on the trailer

So what are the moves and their names?

I can, with the release of Super Mario Galaxy 2!

16. Darkshadowmark

Darkshadowmark Level 5: Spiny

Amen to that dude!, SMG2 IS AMAZING!!!!!

now that i think of it, ryu looks like a god mod, i mean, climbs on walls and has a boomerang shurikan and his sword is longer than links. he seems like all of the characters rolled into one badass guy

17. Groover

I like overpowered characters in games :mrgreen:

18. Jay

He's not as overpowered as he appears to be. There are limitations to his red shuriken, and his attacks are weak. And since he moves so fast, it's easy to make mistakes. I'm pretty good at video games, so I make it look like the game is a breeze with him. But trust me... it's not.

19. Mind

Mind Level 1: Goomba

I've watched the trailer like.. at least 4 times now *_*, even though I knew he was coming it still blew my mind.. also; when is "soon" : )? 'Cause I've been following the development of a game for ages and the guy release a new demo every.. 6 months? even though he often sets release dates like.. two months in between..

Anyway, now I don't have time to sit around here writing, gotta clear the game with all the other characters before more characters arrive : ) (I've cleared the whole game just using Simon (of course I cleared it once using everyone toghether before that) and without using warp zones.)

20. Ganymede

Something I just realized....

At around the 1:04 mark, when Ryu is running around above 2-4, it occurred to me that there's really nothing stopping him from dashing straight past the end of the level. Then... what lies beyond?