Super Mario Bros. Crossover - Trailers (Before 3.0)

Trailers for Super Mario Bros. Crossover

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

All characters except Bill can collect mushrooms, and the mushroom counts as an extra hit. You can actually see SOPHIA get hit in the trailer, and the little mushroom icon at the top disappears.

Rey D likes this.
  2. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Did you guys also notice that SOPHIA got hit by falling on top of the goomba? Has anyone pointed that out yet?

3. sbq92

Oh man! I kind of picked up on it, but I thought he must have just hit it from the side so I didn't really think much of it. Does this mean non-Mario/Luigi characters can no longer jump on enemies to kill them?

Rey D and roman6a like this.
  4. Jay

Yes that's correct. I know it wasn't that evident in the shot and I thought about redoing it, but yeah, in version 1 that would have been a stomp.

Not being able to stomp enemies is part of our plan of making it more like the original games. I'm not sure if anyone else pointed out that koopas lose their wings and go into their shells just from taking damage. So you can still kick them with other characters.

Rey D, roman6a, ZeroXBeoulve and 4 others like this.
  5. sbq92

I really like this. It'll be nice to be required to use the characters' weapons rather than simply jumping on everything. :D

Also, I had noticed the thing with the koopas, but again, I didn't realize anything was different, so I didn't think more of it until you mentioned it. That will be an interesting touch. :)

roman6a likes this.
  6. Thunk

Thunk Level 3: Paratroopa

Cheep-Cheeps flying up from below on the bridge are going to be murder for slower characters.
    Is it even possible to dodge them with Sophia?

7. and now I'm even more amazed! I guess I'm going to have to watch the video again... and I've watched it many times already :D I'm going to study it now :D

roman6a likes this.
  8. Jay

The cheep cheeps have been modified to be less deadly.

Faruga, sbq92, roman6a and 6 others like this.
  9. roman6a

roman6a Level 8: Hammer Bro

but they can still kill you on one hit as bill rizer right?

10. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I'm guessing the Cheep Cheeps can still be stomped.

11. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Maybe they won't hurt non-stomping characters on the upwards arc, but can do it on the downward one.

12. sbq92

SUPER LIKE! Those cheap cheaps are deadly even with the invincible cheat on, because you accidentally stomp them and mess up a jump. It's very nice to hear they "have been modified to be less deadly." :D

13. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I'm feeling kind of apprehensive about this...

I think it will be a good change though, now that each character has more options to kill stuff with.

14. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ I've noticed that too and wondered why it was retracting, but now it makes much more sense! :D

...Gonna check something.

15. Mitewing

Ok I understand. I actually had the idea that if Jason is a part of SOPHIA now, one could make skins to change him into Mario, Luigi, and Link...so each of them could pilot SOPHIA.

About how is SOPHIA gonna be balanced, I'm sure her wall and ceiling climbing abilities are now powerups too, similar to the original game.

Faruga and Rey D like this.
  16. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Hmm...while I really like the idea of making the characters more faithful to their original games, I personally really liked the ability to stomp enemies as all of the characters. It's one of the many features I loved about SMBC compared with some other crossover games. Is it possible that the ability to stomp enemies as any character could be retained as a cheat option?

17. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

SMB3 Mario.png
    Three custom sprites were used, along with recolouring.
    EDIT: CUSTOM SPRITERS NEEDED TO MAKE ZELDA I LINK CROUCHING
    Link.png

uglyrodent, IAM and Mitewing like this.
  18. Mitewing

Awesome sauce, Mario-Fan! Great job!

Faruga likes this.
  19. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

In SMBC, everybody has it's own jumping'n'hovering Tank!:p
    Very good job Mario-Fan.

20. William Jhordhan

William Jhordhan Level 1: Goomba

So, a few simple questions for Jay or anyone who knows :
    1. Since skins are apparently in-game already, will there be an option menu for changing them while in level, or is it from the main menu or something?
    2. Can you mix and match skins easily? (Example GB skin bill on SMB3 skin world)
    3. Does each character have different music for each skin, or does each skin have music, or does the skin not change music ay all?
    4. Haggleman supposedly hits faster than ryu and protoman has a different blaster position then megaman, so my question is : Do most skins have small changes like this, or are there only a small amount of skins with small differences?
    5. Would you mind revealing a estimate of how many skins there will be in 2.0? Like, is there one or two alt skins for most characters, or will there be a large amount like 5-10?
    Either way, I'm very glad this update looks so good, and it will be worth the wait for sure :D