Super Mario Bros. Crossover - Trailers (Before 3.0)

Trailers for Super Mario Bros. Crossover

1. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I agree with you Foxfiend. I've wanted a Classic Controls option. Link's problem can easily be solved by assigning subweapons to the hold attack, release attack layout (similar to Ryu's old windmill shuriken). The real problem is SOPHIA. In Blaster Master, down + B is special attack, START brings up a weapon menu selection, not the traditional SMB pause, and SELECT is Jason entering and exiting SOPHIA. And we don't even know Bass's controls yet!

2. FCx

FCx Level 2: Koopa

About Bass, he can't walk and shoot at the same time. And the dash thing, probably Down+Jump...

3. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Well yeah I guess something could be done for Link, for me even if you would only have one weapon at once would not be horrible.
    For Sophia... yeah that does sound problematic, I would say down and jump but that is used for silly not stick to the ceiling jump, I would say up and jump but I fear that would hurt the smoothness of control. Finally there could be something like select while hold down or any other direction but maybe that would be too cryptic. The only thing left I could say is maybe melting together inventory and pause menu, like if you press start that opens up the inventory and from the inventory could get into the pause menu like as it would be a selectable thing from the inventory screen. I really don't have any better idea.

4. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Yeah he can. If you look at the sprite sheets, you can see that his walking sprites are built without the arm that shoots, so that the correct one can be plugged in.

5. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

They're not just for that purpose. There's a fist sprite as well. *sees what he means* ... Ah. :D

6. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

He can walk and shoot special weapons at the same time, but when he's firing his normal rapid-fire buster he's stuck in place. Interestingly, though, most of the special weapons use the 'throw' sprite, which does cause the character to stop for a moment while throwing the weapon. Hard Knuckle does this as well. The only exception is Fire Blast (and Charge Kick, but that just behaves totally differently anyway).

FCx and uglyrodent like this.
  7. uglyrodent

I was unaware of this. Thanks!

8. sbq92

Has it been suggested before that Bass only be able to use weapons from MM10? It would be interesting, since he was never in the other games, and it would help to differentiate him from Mega Man even more. It will be neat to see Bass use the Charge Kick though. I guess instead of sliding into the enemies he'll be dashing with a big shock wave in front of him. :p

9. Mitewing

It does appear Bass has a Charge Punch, and not a kick, according to the skin templates.

10. sbq92

:?:

I see nothing of the sort. The Hard Knuckle is a different color to account for the different "gloves" Bass wears, but other than that it's the same graphics as Mega Man.

11. Mitewing

With Mega Man, the Charge Kick uses the slide sprite. Bass doesn't have a slide sprite. In its place is the dash sprite.

12. sbq92

Yeah, that's what I was talking about before. He'll be dashing into enemies instead of sliding into them. :)

Mitewing likes this.
  13. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

Jay has said that one of the reasons he even did Bass in the first place was because he could use mega man's new moves since they worked so hard on them. Maybe they could give him MM10 and M&B moves in the future though.

14. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

I've been thinking...

Skins are great and all but it looks like people here are going overboard with skinning characters. I mean I hope Jay will know when to skin and when to add a new character it's just my thought though. But Jay seems to have good judgment like with Bass. I just still wish he would reconsider adult Link as an added character. Oh well.

uglyrodent likes this.
  15. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

I personally don't see a reason for adult link. Current link is essentially adult link gameplay but with regular link style. But I do have faith that Jay will make the right decisions. I know he said that Luigi and Bass were mainly chosen for this update because they were easy enough to create so that he can focus on skins. I'm sure future characters will be much different in gameplay and well thought out and considered.

Mitewing and uglyrodent like this.
  16. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Well adult Link could open up possibilities for more skins too. EXAMPLE: Maybe Eric Lecarde Castlevania Bloodlines unless Jay could make him his own character which would be better. Besides I'll admit being a fangirl of Zelda 2. and besides I shouldn't have brought adult link up in this thread sorry.

17. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ I've never been in knowledge of something in Joy2Key which allowed to turn something like Up+1 into, like, C. Only the opposite. Like, I know you can make 1 to Up+C.

→ Eric Lecarde has the Alucard Spear, right? I'm pretty sure it's longer ranged than Zelda II Link's knify.

18. sbq92

I don't think it's necessary, but I do think it would be interesting to have Bass's weapons different from Mega Man's. I don't think the MM&B weapons should be added, though, for the same reasons MM7/8 weapons weren't added: they don't appear in an official 8-bit (or 8-bit style) game.

Mitewing likes this.
  19. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

It would be nice If Mega Man and Bass was different. Mega Man could have weapons from 1-6 and Bass could have weapons from 10. That way it makes them different.

20. uglyrodent

Alternately, Bass could be given DIFFERENT weapons from the chosen games. This creates...well, more work than is really fair to ask of Jay, but I can dream.