News Super Mario Crossover Two Year Anniversary

It seems that quite a bit has happened since that simple day two years ago, and there are many more big things to come.

1. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

The proper timing thing wasn't Flash's fault. It's because I used a variable time step as opposed to a fixed timestep in SMBC. It's something I learned while learning how to use Unity. Unity only supports a fixed timestep (which is a good thing).

Omicron and Mitewing like this.
  2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I was going to say "HOW COULD YOU SBQ". But then I read that he was going to help choose skins for the game. *looks at the many skins I worked on*

3. SquiggyForever

SquiggyForever Level 13: ER Team

I just want to say I really love this community. I fell that a huge thanks is in order for all member of the exploding rabbit community. I would just love to give the community a big hug and kisses. When Jay released his game we were going through some rough times and I really did not expect it to have such a beautiful community to come out of it. Now, i am just happy that we can have a space to just enjoy Jay's ever expanding projects and just talk about stuff. Downward thrust forever.>:)
    (note: i am really sleepy and do not want to correct it. If it does not make any sense just disregard the message. :) )

4. SquiggyForever

SquiggyForever Level 13: ER Team

Jerk!
    :jason:

Rey D likes this.
  5. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Sbq knows his skins.

6. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

By the way I know that both you Jay and Ryuza are admins on the forums. So will sbq92 get leveled-up or will he keep his "normal" rank?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found out myself.

7. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Well this is certainly a nice way to start the weekend. I'm very pleased that SMBC is making good progress on the Unity engine and even more pleased that sbq92 has now joined the team. I have no doubt that he will put the same energy, creativity and dedication in his contributions to the game as he does to the forums. Congrats sbq92! And another big thanks to Jay and Ryuza for continuing to dedicate countless hours to make the dreams of fan gamers come true!

8. extremenewsupermario

extremenewsupermario Level 3: Paratroopa

Hey that reminds me. Jay how is the multi player gonna work will it be two characters on one screen or when one player loses a life the other player plays like in the |o||r||i||g||i||n||a||l| |s||u||p||e||r| |m||a||r||i||o| |b||r||o||s|?

9. Rey D

Patron

→ We're talking about REAL MULTIPLAYER! è_é

10. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Well congrats on the two year anny. BTW I'm almost done with my 1 year court drama too. But getting back to the topic at hand. I'd like the idea of multiplayer both local,online and alternating as well as CO-OP or vs.. But with unity will there be a fullscreen option as well as possibility for split screen local co op or vs with either horizontal or vertical options depending on monitor type. EXAMPLE Vertical is good for HD monitor being half is about the size of a classic TV set from the 80's when SMB came out. and horizontal being like the vs mode in Sonic 2 and Mario Kart series.

11. Anon421

Anon421 Guest

As expected... from our boy Jay Revlina. :D

12. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

The only people that don't like SMBC are the fake gamers, the ones that think they are gamers just because they have a high level at MW3 and say "fucking" with everything.
    Real gamers play games for the gameplay and fun, not for the levulz or reputation.
    Anyway, congratz sbq92 for being our master of the skins. I'm sure you will be unbiased and logical on your choices :)

Crownjo, sbq92 and fractor like this.
  13. Rey D

Patron

→ Well we were talking about those who "don't play", not those who "don't like". ^^" There's a difference. I could go all along with a huge pan describing different factors that makes someone don't play or don't like while not being a MW3 player, but hey, let's just say we've got different interests in the world. :)

14. Crownjo

If online does happen I assume it would be up to 4 players right?

15. Jdaster64

Jdaster64 Level 2: Koopa

When the port happens, is there any chance of the Mario Bros.' physics being improved? I did a fairly exhaustive bit of research on the physics in the original SMB/SMB2j, and I think it more than adequately describes the engine.

Frozsoul likes this.
  16. TiagoDu

The corrent physics are fairly accurate, but i miss the "slip" when you try to break a brick and is a little off the edge. That would be cool and easier to go thru narrow jump passages.

Ok but you only play a game if you like it, right? (perhaps no time to play would be an excuse, but just if you don't lose this time in MMORPGs) If you don't like it, you hardly will play it often

17. Rey D

Patron

→ You can play games that you don't like. It doesn't mean you play it "often". :)

But I want to catch your attention on what you said:
    "The only people that don't like SMBC are the fake gamers, the ones that think they are gamers just because they have a high level at MW3 and say "fucking" with everything."
    You are able not to like something because it's not your type. Doesn't mean your forcefully dislike it. There's a difference.

Voila.

Anything else on-topic to talk about?

18. Crownjo

Offline and Online co-op ftw.

19. TiagoDu

Ok, i think i got a little overboard. But, really, i don't play games just to get bragging rights, i play games because games = fun.
    Anyway...
    BACK ON TOPIC
    The multiplayer will work mostly 4P Contra style, i think. You die, then you respawn with 2 or so seconds of mercy invincibility (to avoid insta-deaths after respawning).​
    Each player has it's own life counter. After it loses all lives, it can continue with the cost of all his points, but it can choose another character/skin mid-gameplay, alike Raiden Fighters.​
    However, i don't have any hint on how the acyual multiplayer will be like. Jay never gave us a hint about it (a least not an exposed hint. Maybe a hidden hint on his posts? Gonna check later :) )​

20. Rey D

Patron

→ Oh, right.
    I assume we'll get a 4 player co-op in my mind, but it could be 2 player to avoid messes. When you play in mari0 with 4 players, you can barely do stuffs because there's a lot of players on-screen and often at the same place.