News Super Mario Crossover Two Year Anniversary

It seems that quite a bit has happened since that simple day two years ago, and there are many more big things to come.

1. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Well, in Mari0 all of them are mario with SMB1 skin. Here we have 10 characters with planty'o skins. Finding where everyone is when in a narrow space is a lot easier.
    But sure, 2, 3 and 4 player, with an join-in mechanic would be cool.

2. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Up to 4 players is fine. However Mari0's online co-op goes higher then 4 which is a overkill. 2,3 and 4 players is the sweet spot.

3. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ I'm pretty sure that some people will go do some "all [chartacter] fest". I'd actually do that at some point. The ideal would be to prevent people from using the same skin and colliding each other, but...
    Anyway, it's gonna come far in the future, right?

4. Crownjo

Who is up for a all Bill fest?

5. Rey D

Patron

→ Me! Me!

Hey by the way, I know they didn't think about it yet, but I was wondering if all players should agree/fight to get power-ups when they appear, or if it'd be better to have everyone having the power-up or like, allowing one player to take a power-up and it still displays on the other ones' screen ?

6. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Contra fest? Yes!!!! Bill, Lance, RD-008, and RC-011!!!!

7. leonmuse

leonmuse Level 3: Paratroopa

Congratulations for the non-stop hard work, Jay and Zach

I don't know if it really matters, but i'm a keyboard player, and i'm always practicising so i'd really like to be part of the team as a musician

Just to let you know

8. Rey D

Patron

→ Know how to make .nsf files? Or SNES music files? Because that's that kind of stuffs that's needed.

9. leonmuse

Google is my friend. But seriously, why the questionnaire?

10. Rey D

Patron

→ I'm not sure that playing the piano will be really useful in a retro-style game. So I thought I'd tell you about that.

11. leonmuse

I'll drop the conversation before it becomes a nuisance

12. TiagoDu

Far in the future? Jay said that Multiplayer was a priority, together with the porting work. That it will definetly come in the next or the version before the next.
    But i think i got your point. These versions can take a long time to be released, so it could be far in the future or right the next week. Nobody knows.

13. Crownjo

I can't wait till we share stories and gameplay styles when we all play online together. Also no it won't happen. Everyone will fight over powerups.

Somewhere in this world... Four guys with gamepads are gonna do a playthough as them and destory all the levels.

Mitewing and sbq92 like this.
  14. TiagoDu

Well, this isn't meant to be COOPERATIVE? I mean, the faster character will almost all the times get the powerup. This isn't fair.
    Maybe the person who activated the ? block should be the one who can get the item, but then Bill will be a powerup hogger.
    Maybe the powerup always goes to the person with the least power.
    Maybe everyone gets one powerup when an ? block contains one, just like in SMBCWii NSMBWii.
    Man, i really don't know how this will work!!!

EDIT: Oops! Getting a little overboard here :p

15. Crownjo

Easy. Powerups made for that character will only be obtained by that character. So if Mega Man hits a ? block and his powerup comes up. Only he, Bass and another player related can pick it up. No one else can pick it up.

16. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Just for the record, Jay uses pre existing music for SMBC, so it doesn't matter whether or not the "music guy" can make NES/SNES/GB sound files; music is pretty much definitely not going to be made for SMBC beyond the character select screen (and that one Blaster Master song, but that was a special case).

17. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

The character select screen is actually, guess what, in an actual game. VS Super Mario Bros.

18. Dinospy_01

Dinospy_01 Level 5: Spiny
    Exploding Patron

Assuming this is somewhat directed at me - I'm aware of this fact. I was just really excited at that moment.

And I understand the likely hood of my direct involvement with changes/affecting the game are slim, but "A girl's gotta dream!"

19. Crownjo

Never go over 4 players. You get this.

20. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Actually it was directed at Rey D's rebuttals of Leonmuse.

But the overall point still remains to anyone who wants to try and impress Jay I guess.