News Super Mario Crossover Two Year Anniversary

It seems that quite a bit has happened since that simple day two years ago, and there are many more big things to come.

1. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Besides making custom music, I don't see how a music guy would be useful.

2. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Someone who's job it is to make custom music would be useful for making custom music. It's their job, so it's all they need to be useful for. Saying they aren't much help aside from the entire point of their job is a bit pointless.

3. Rey D

Patron

→ Don't try to confuse me. I'm trying to understand the point of a music guy in SMBC if it's not about making those custom musics.
    To recall my point, SMBC uses music emulators, hence the need to be able to make NES or SNES or GB music files.

4. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I'm not trying to confuse you, but now I see where the disagreement is coming from;

When Jay mentioned a "music guy" in the blog, he was referring to a music guy for Exploding Rabbit IN GENERAL, not just for SMBC. I think we were having two totally separate discussions :p

5. Nitron_ZX

Nitron_ZX Level 5: Spiny

well, one possible explanation is that they're just re-made in external programs (say, like famitracker) rather than ripped directly from the game.

EDIT:er, nevermind. :p

of course, that's probably not true, but it's a possibility, i guess.

*sigh* the woes of being adequate but not good at things i know. :\" title=
    being a writer doesn't help much with a game like this. even if I really wanted it to, lol.

6. Rey D

Patron

→ ... Oh yeah I forgot about Project Merther. ¬¬ Probably that, then.

→ No they really used some ripped music files.

→ Maybe you can help write story for Project Merther? Who knows what it's about?

7. Nitron_ZX

ah. I was pretty sure they were ripped anyways, just trying to come up with some excuse :p

anyways, project merther then? geez, i forget way too often this is the Exploding Rabbit forum, not an SMBC forum, lol.

8. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

There are two things that I'm aware of;

1) Jay does actually need a sound guy, they're making an original game. Someone with musical inclination of any kind will be useful for scoring quickly.

2) I think there are cases where there are no nintendo/gameboy files available, so they have to recreate them. Again, someone with musical inclination might be able to do this faster.

9. Rey D

Patron

Yeah it'd be cool if someone could recreat the Retro Game Challenge musics in NES format.
    I know the current set for Demon is Gimmick!, but what's used for Haggle Man?

10. Nitron_ZX

i think some of his music from RGC. at least, in the NES set anyways, The gameboy set uses ryus music and i'm not sure about the super.

11. leonmuse

leonmuse Level 3: Paratroopa

while i am not able to read scores very well, i'm good at composing and copying some tunes from hearing too. i started practicising by hearing, then studied theory about some time, and then tried some classical tunes, one handed and then with both hands. guess that doesnt interest much, but i was a key player in a rock band but the group didnt last for long. anyway, just relating some past experiences

12. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

Wait, so, is Jay talking about a custom music maker, or a video game music finder???

13. Rey D

Patron

→ Probably not "finder". But I'm looking for details from Jay. Hopefully he won't make us wait too much.

14. Mr.Giang

Mr.Giang Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Haggle Man's music is from Ninja Gaiden (Master System)

Faruga and Rey D like this.
  15. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Wh...
    SO THAT'S WHAT MASTER SYSTEM HAD TO DO WITH SMBC!!!!

16. extremenewsupermario

extremenewsupermario Level 3: Paratroopa

Hey speaking of that this would take a lot of time to perfect but say on multiplayer the player is trying to get to different part of the level than the other player is it gonna be a split screen thing will the players just have to come to an a