Super Retro Crossover

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Jay, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

I've changed my ways, and I've announced what I'm doing before I release it. And I'm doing a public development log, and I will actually continue to post on it. Now people don't need to wonder what's happening.

I'm excited about this little project because it's the first game I'm doing with a story. Ask questions if you want, or follow the development, or do nothing. It's up to you!

This is the best thing for me though. Making my own game engine is such a relief because I can do whatever I want with it, and it runs on basically everything.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  2. DarkBowser007

DarkBowser007 Level 6: Lakitu

Good to know you're still active, and that you're becoming more open. What you have so far is interesting...I hope Super Retro Crossover/Squad become successful!

Omicron, pikafan8 and Faruga like this.
  3. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Is the tumblr going to be in the top bar?

pikafan8 likes this.
  4. Jay

That's a good idea. I'll think about it for later. I mainly just wanted to get started and not worry how to integrate it with the site yet.

Faruga and pikafan8 like this.
  5. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

At this point, I can only hope that you can keep this project up and straight. Good courage !

6. pikafan8

pikafan8 Level 5: Spiny

this is like

yes

a question :

will there be rabbits, and do they explode?

i would ask it on the tumblr but i kinda forgot the password there

Faruga likes this.
  7. Jay

No time for anything like that because I'm only putting in essential features! :(

Faruga, DarkBowser007 and pikafan8 like this.
  8. DarkBowser007

DarkBowser007 Level 6: Lakitu

but it is essential

they're exploding rabbits dude

Omicron, World 1-1, Mitewing and 3 others like this.
  9. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Since it features 3 worlds and the scope of the game is limited, will there just be the 3 playable characters from said games (Mario, Samus, and Simon)?

Faruga likes this.
  10. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Woo man, great to hear it's all good on your side.
    Good Luck and keep up the good work ;)

Faruga likes this.
  11. Jay

It is more like an adventure where you change characters based on what is happening in the story.

Scorpion42, Mitewing and Faruga like this.
  12. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Well it's great to hear you @Exploding Rabbit are making something new and awesome.

Faruga likes this.
  13. Mitewing

Sounds like the Story Mode I had in mind. Cool beans!

14. Faruga

Patron

Are the backers going to beta test?

15. Jay

I don't know. There wouldn't be much of a gap in time between testing and release, so I'm not sure it would make much sense. I'll think about it more as I get closer.

Faruga likes this.
  16. Faruga

Patron

if you keep updating at this frequency i am going to be a happy bunny

Nitron_ZX, Omicron and Mitewing like this.
  17. Mitewing

So happy you could EXPLODE?!!!

18. Faruga

Patron

oh my god i didn't even see that

Mitewing likes this.
  19. Mitewing

@Exploding Rabbit I have a couple ideas regarding your latest update about world 1-1. First of all there should be a few more Toads like you said, but also because the manual disturbingly stated the Bricks used to be citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom. There can be floating Lakitu clouds minus Lakitu. Maybe the sky has changed to nighttime since the battle ended which would be an homage to 1-1 in All Night Nippon.

What about Luigi? Is he playable or a NPC? The Toads should have different colors (Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Purple) like the Toad Brigade. Yoshi from SMB Deluxe would be great to add too!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    Scorpion42 and Faruga like this.
  20. Jay

Cool ideas. I like the nighttime idea especially. Not sure about different colored toads since they weren't different colors in the castles.
    Luigi is an NPC. He'll show up later.

You responding here makes me wish Disqus and the forums were linked somehow. I'll have to look into that. It's difficult trying to integrate all of these tools.

Faruga and Mitewing like this.