Request Swap "Overworld" and "Treetop" stage themes - Ryu & Mega Man

Discussion in 'Features' started by BTB, Dec 31, 2013.

1. BTB

BTB Level 5: Spiny

I feel kinda weird posting this on the feature request board, but since there's no "small tweak request" board, I guess this is where it goes (unless it doesn't, in which case please feel free to mock me).

Anyhow, most characters have their first stage theme as the overworld theme, except for Ryu and Mega Man, who both have themes that seem like they should go with the "treetop" stages while those stages have the "first level" themes assigned to them (Mega Man may be a bit of a judgment call since his stages aren't ordered, but I'll bet anything that more players start off with Bomb Man than "I'ma Fuck Your World Up" Man). While I totally understand why this was probably done - the themes currently used for their overworld stages are excellent tracks that deserve the exposure - I just don't feel like they fit as "opening" stage themes, and their use as such is somewhat jarring.

Just my thoughts. Be interested to see if anyone else agrees.

Urutsune likes this.
  2. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

I completely agree on Mega Man. Elec Man's stage is the most vertical jumpy jump stage in the game, you are literally climbing a super tall tower. The overworld theme should be either Bomb Man's or Cut Man's stage (Cut Man's stage is actually also often considered as stage one).

For Ryu well let me take you back to the past! Funny but true story! At one point of the game stage 1 WAS the overworld theme! Before that though it was the way it is now and that is also the music used in the Ryu trailer. So when Jay changed the overworld theme to stage one music a lot of fans got the rabies and demanded to change back the music because they like the other music more because it's cooler. And so the music was changed back and it is still that way.

Alkerion likes this.
  3. The Kips of the Mud

The Kips of the Mud Level 3: Paratroopa

hmmm, my sources are uncertain.

4. BTB

BTB Level 5: Spiny

This must have been *very* early on, because Ryu's stage 1 music has been the same for as long as I can remember, and I believe I started playing this shortly after he was added.