The Exploding Rabbit Awards

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Captain Rizer, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

Wouldn't it be awesome if Jay did a awards show with him as the host and Iggy as the co-host?

We could have categories like:
    -Skillful Spriter
    -Artist Of The Year
    -Most Helpful
    -Greatest Sig
    -Awesomest Avatar
    -Most Thanked
    -Friendliest User
    -Funniest User
    -Best Quote
    -Fastest Speed Run
    -Best Thread Maker
    -Mod of the Year
    -Greatest Group

And the Best Award:
    User Of The Year
    Which would be awarded to someone who has gone over the top with contributing to the site.

There would be up to 5 nominees for each category, yes you can be nominated for more than one award.

Prizes could be a sprited gold statue with an exploding rabbit to have in your sig.

It would be really fun!

2. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

I already suggested this--I believe it's an ability of this kind of forum to have medals below your user info. Certain mods can deliver these as they deem appropriate.

However, nobody liked that idea.

3. repairmanman

repairmanman Level 5: Spiny

I like it, but why?
    Just to show off? That's counterproductive,

4. Captain Rizer

It would be a great way for the community to get involved and make the site more productive by users striving to win one of the awards, I'm still thinking about prizes like your own Wiki page but I'm not sure.

5. CHAOS_FANTAZY

Medals aren't just for Mr. Flaunty McFlaunt--when used appropriately, they show who one can ask for help in a forum. Think of it like veteranship/post ranks, but a bit different.

Time to make up a couple for examples.

"I've earned the Skin Master medal! I know a lot about designing sprites, so listen to me when I critique your work!"

"I've earned the Koopa Slayer medal! I know all the secrets about winning at SMBC, so listen to me when I share my strategy!"

"I've earned the Character Theorist medal!"--Surely you're noticing a pattern by now.

6. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

I can already guess who wins the "Best Quote" award.

-stares at uglyrodent-

7. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

This would be nice. Does Jay could receive awards? So he would always win in "Most Thanked" because he can get thanks for saying "this is cool".

8. Captain Rizer

Jay is the host but I thought of the next best awarded to Jay's Favorite user

THE DOWNWARD THRUSTER AWARD

9. Captain Knight

How about an award something along the lines like

Best Character Request user?

So somebody that made the best Character Request, or took a part in a lot of that character?

10. Captain Rizer

[​IMG]
    But yeah I think that would be good too also best Feature Request, and Best Videos

11. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

You're totally thinking you'll win that award for Rash, aren't you?

12. Captain Knight

Dammit...

13. CHAOS_FANTAZY

Okay, I suppose I could theorize some medals for this place to have. Although this breaks my vow of not talking about Cutstuff, I'm linking over to the site's own medals, if nothing else, for examples.
    http://cutstuff.net/forum/medals.php

Brick Builder - Win a level designing contest (Authorized by ER once the level builder is out) .

Character Theorist - Create a complete theory for a Suggested Character, with moveset, full spritesheet (including powerups) , and music (with downloads) .

Explosives Manager - Basically, the equivalent of CutStuff's old "Star Member:" simply be well-known for helping others around the forums.

Koopa Slayer - Finish your own playthrough of the game (Normal or above) , and post videos of it.

Skin Master - Contribute a preset number of skins that were used in SMBC.

Speed Runner - Meet predetermined requirements involving Rodent's Speed Run Challenge.

...Wow, that list looks kinda small. I know that only really Jay can work of SMBC, but, c'mon, surely there's something this community can do.

14. Captain Rizer

[​IMG]
    lolwut? No credit to this Captain?

15. Captain Knight

Hhey, we gotta let the others vote, not us XD\

I can't record what goes on in my laptop, so that SUCKS!

16. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

The only award I could ever win is the most rarely talking active user award.

17. Captain Knight

Na, you could win oldest member.

That's what I thought you would say, too!

18. Captain Rizer

Heres one: Top Blogger

and Thankful Member for the one who thanks the most people (but for good reasons)

also how about Top Poster (non spam)

19. Captain Knight

I think what you mean is, Best Poster, that makes posts that AREN'T SPAM, but has plenty of posts.

20. Captain Rizer

Precisely.