The forums really need to be more active

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by Chaos, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Chaos

Chaos Level 5: Spiny

I mean really I just got here and there was like fifteen guys online and when I came back there was a fuckhuge load of guests instead of members.

We need to get more active like more stuff on Newgrounds I mean come on Jay your good at this game stuff you need to do it more often and submit it to places like Newgrounds and get your stuff advertised we need more members this is my only escape from MadnessCombat.net

Most people there leave after their first post totally confused or thinking it's full of retards and I can't stand them anymore. Sheriff and folks are cool but I need more peeps to hang with. So like, if we got more active and stuff we could seriously get a good forum going so people like me won't be so lonely.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

This place is for who wants to be here. They're free to register or to stay guests.

Super Mario Brothers Crossover's already been uploaded on Newgrounds since it's the first place where it's been. And Jay and Ryuza already have a project planned.

If you don't like this place, if you think we're all retards, if you feel lonely, you could leave as well.

I don't really understand what you're looking for.

3. Chaos

Uhhh no I wasn't talking about this place I was talking about Madnesscombat.net, where I also hang

4. Rey D

Patron

Ok I'm beginning to understand.

But what are you waiting from us people from Exploding Rabbit?

5. Jose Chapa

Jose Chapa Level 6: Lakitu

this is too small of a community, i think thats what hes trying to say. i kind of agree but sometimes small is good. small means we all know eachother, the downside is jay wont get as much income from the ads or as many donations.

6. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I think the forums are plenty active. We don't get hundreds of posts every day, but we certainly got a lot going on.

roman6a and Rey D like this.
  7. Chaos

:blank: Hey come on now you don't expect me to think this stuff that hard

jk I'm just really wacked up as to why there can be fifteen guys online one second and four the next

8. Rey D

Patron

Em... In fact, it's because the page does not sync with people going online and offline. So maybe you were on the same page for a long time, people went offline during this time and when you refreshed, the page showed who were online then.

What I'm saying is pretty confusing but anyway, do not pay attention to guests. They're just looking around but do not register because they don't feel like they'd be any helpful.

9. Chaos

Yeah that might be it too.

Although I find it kinda funny how if all the guests that have ever entered this forum signed up as an actual member we would be wall-to-wall with people.

10. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

I probably come on 5 times a day for 30 minutes, so I think I'm fine with the activeness. But I do sorta agree with the inactiveness. It's something that you just have to get use to, which is very easy. Just make a post on about 15 threads, come back in an hour, and reply back to any replies on that thread.

You'll find your way

11. Koari

Koari Level 7: Bloober

Activity of the forum also depends on you, and what you are willing to bring to the table for the people who signed up. Bringing in more people more people is nice, and always welcome, but if you don't provide someway for new members to be actively involved as a part of the community, they'll leave in a heartbeat.

This is why threads like current thoughts, community member spotlight, and my new project, fantasy football league exist. It gives a chance not only to be involved, but to "get inside the head" of many established members

And I'm not the only one, plenty of others do this too; like RMM's chat room and UR's video game based on the forum. And if you have an idea, you can too

roman6a and Rey D like this.
  12. Chaos

Well I was thinking 'bout more games as I said in my first post since Jay's good at the gaming stuff. If we could start some ads I guess it might get up on the ranks but Ads cost money so I don't think that would work

But making games is really cheap all you need is Flash and a good knowledge of it and your a game making master

13. Rey D

Patron

If there was an Exploding Rabbit add, I'd think about leaving because I HATE advertissements on the net.

Anyway, Jay and Ryuza are currently working on SMBC 1. but they opened the Exploding Rabbit Store and they have another project planned, so...

14. Jose Chapa

Jose Chapa Level 6: Lakitu

yep.... but i dont think jay gives Ryuza enough credit during his vids. he often says hes doing it all alone, or that he wishes there was a way other could contribute other than skinning.

15. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

And you need time, patience, much more knowledge than you seem to be implying (including more time so you can learn that much), practice, talent, and creativity.
    And this is not to be "a game making master". This is to make a game that merely DOES NOT SUCK.

Jay has done a lot just with SMBC. I think expecting him to crank out games is a bit much.

16. Rey D

Patron

Hm... He has mentioned Ryuza in his vids. I'm pretty sure of that.

17. Chaos

I just randomly started singing the Season 1 Pokemon theme

18. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

Not all of those guests are people who haven't registered either.. at least in my case. I'm a lurker who looks around once every couple days or so, so being a 'guest' is what I do. I only post when I feel it necessary. :)

Now.. back to lurking (aka, 'guest mode')

Rey D likes this.
  19. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Well there's been a decline I believe in activity. A lot of people who used to be active are busy/busier with their lives. Some people just up and left.

One big point of decline I feel is the chat, for me it's really difficult to even remember we have a chat because there are no notification noises when people talk there, only when they PM you. Whenever I check it it's usually just me, or roman or someone else.

With more time between updates, there's less "hype" and less to talk about that hasn't already been covered.

I expect a surge of activity once the update comes, or when a trailer or a "get ready, it's here tomorrow" type of thing comes out. If the new update gets any publicity of interviews (which is highly possible) we'll get new members and potentially long-standing members who will help continue the "flow" of activity here post-update, as the tide goes out so to speak.

ThomasMink, roman6a and Rey D like this.