Request The Kid from IWBTG

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Nat, Feb 14, 2012.

1. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

They're from different games, they look different, and they play different.

Therefore: different characters.

Rey D likes this.
  2. Tsukiyomaru0

Tsukiyomaru0 Level 3: Paratroopa

From different games = true
    Look different = false
    Play different = false

Difference seen: Size. That's about it. So, you want a pixel-sized character, to be playable in a NES-like game? Then why not put in things like Atari's Pitfall Harry? Or let's go even back and usae the Pong Ball! Yeah, that one!

My point is: Either both in, or only Battle Kid in. 'Cause Battle Kid could totally be his skin in NES and GB

3. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Okay you can't be serious. I've barely SEEN Battle Kid and I can tell he looks completely different. Notice how hi shirt is green instead of blue? Actually, I'm gonna find a picture of him real quick...
    Differences:
    -Battle Kid has short hair
    -Battle Kid has a green shirt instead of a blue one and has no visible pants (The Kid has light blue pants)
    -Battle Kid has green shoes where The Kid has black ones with grey soles
    -Battle Kid is wearing gloves (The Kid is not) and is not seen holding a gun when he's not using it.
    -Battle Kid has no cape

So yeah...their hair is a similar style, and they have a similar face, but that's the only real similarity.
    If you watch those videos it becomes clear they don't play the same. Yes, they do both jump and shoot, but their physics are WAY different. The Kid falls slower and jumps higher, and I think Battle Kid has faster (and definitely larger) bullets. If they play the same as each other, than they also play the same as Mega Man did in Mega Man 1 because he ALSO jump and shoots.
    My point is this is the thread for discussing The Kid from IWBTG. This isn't the thread to offer ultimatums you can't back up, this isn't the thread for discussing how Battle Kid and IWBTG are separate, and this isn't the thread for requesting fucking Battle Kid.

That last one is an immutable fact; this is not the place to discuss Battle Kid. Go make a thread for him and you can talk all you want about how he's a better alternative to The Kid. Hell, I did something similar myself with an offered alternative to Zelda 2 Link. It's a good way to make your point. But a bad way to make your point is to go into a character's thread and request somebody similar.

So can we get back on topic now?

Rey D and Omicron like this.
  4. Tsukiyomaru0

Tsukiyomaru0 Level 3: Paratroopa

I give up, you are more dense and ignorant than anything.

And chances are The Kid will be rejected and Battle Kid will be accepted.

5. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

You don't necessarily understand this either.
    Characters aren't really "rejected" or "accepted" perse; actually, from what I've gathered, I think they're just passively added and just happen to match demand.

uglyrodent likes this.
  6. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Who the hell is battle keed anyway

Faruga likes this.
  7. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

How can I say it...
    Oh yeah, the perfect quote to explain you in a short way:
    "My point is this is the thread for discussing The Kid from IWBTG[...], this isn't the thread for discussing how Battle Kid and IWBTG are separate, and this isn't the thread for requesting[...] Battle Kid."

uglyrodent likes this.
  8. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

You know what, I'm going to start a Battle Kid thread just to stop people bickering.
    Here.

Rey D, uglyrodent and Omicron like this.
  9. NeedsMoreStuff

NeedsMoreStuff Level 3: Paratroopa

Jumps 4 then 2
    Dies in 1 hit
    Shots deal 10 Damage, 100 charged
    Has the Grappling Claw that can pull enemies and throw them onto other enemies
    If he gets near a Powerup Block or a proyectile, a fast Spike Top will come out

10. Earthboundlover

Earthboundlover Level 2: Koopa

Maybe there could be the Father's gun as a power up but only when you beat the game. Wait. That gives me an idea!