Fixed The last platform moves too close to the wall

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by StepS, Dec 26, 2011.

1. StepS

StepS Level 3: Paratroopa

2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

ahahaha oh god, that's awesome.

3. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Rush doesn't likes lava.

4. DarkBowser007

DarkBowser007 Level 6: Lakitu

Bridge:[​IMG]

Me: OH SHIT YOU CAN'T GET OUT!

5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Poor Simon. He can't even turn around.

6. StepS

oh, I just found out that it also works with Link (however you need a good timing to catch the moment). :eek:
    Edit: and with Mario too. :eek: For some reason I thought that Mario wasn't supposed to have the platform in that level.
    So, it works with all characters. I think the platform shouldn't move that close to the wall.

And poor Mario :p

7. TheomanZero

I think this bug is a matter of collision detection, rather than that specific platform.

8. StepS

Yes of course, but it wouldn't happen if that platform didn't go that close to the wall :D

9. TheomanZero

Well, the platform should move the same way it does in the original SMB. If that causes problems, we'll have to tweak the collision detection so it doesn't.

StepS likes this.
  10. StepS

In the original SMB, it doesn't appear at all (I've just checked it)
    I think that it was made for the sake of some characters (like mega-man I think), but apparently it appears with everyone, and even including Mario. That's why I didn't try this glitch with Mario as I was sure that he wasn't supposed to have that help-platform.

TheomanZero likes this.
  11. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Sophia and Mario shouldn't have this platform.
    The glitch probably happens because the game dosn't know where to send the character. And it chosses the wall.

TheomanZero likes this.
  12. TheomanZero

Really? I guess it's been too long. In that case, it definitely shouldn't appear as Mario (or Sophia, I guess).
    Anyway, it seems to me that in a situation like this, the player should end up on top of the platform, or just pushed slightly up the wall in Ryu (and possibly Sophia's) case. Granted, it's a pretty esoteric situation.

13. StepS

Well, that depends on what you press when you are clamped between the wall and the platform. Interesting is that when you are inside the "ground", the controls are inversed, so if you press Left, you will go right, if you press Right, you will go left. So, in this particular case you have to press Left when you are there, to pass under the bowser's bridge...

14. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ Yes I know, I tested the glitch, remember? :p I also made something a bit similar with Mega Man in a coin room. It must be written somewhere that characters go backward.

StepS likes this.
  15. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

That is a crazy bug. How was I supposed to guess anyone would try that? Pretty funny.

By the way, the platforms that shouldn't appear for mario are already fixed in the next version.

DarkBowser100 and StepS like this.
  16. StepS

I often try something unusual in everything I test and find the rare bugs :D