The Survival Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by TiagoDu, Jan 18, 2012.

1. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

No need to redo right away. Just write down the score next time, 'kay?

pdba likes this.
  2. pdba

pdba Level 2: Koopa

12 SP. :) (12 lives-5 for difficulty/2 powered characters/over 300,000pts)

3. TiagoDu

Cool. I'll add to the scoreboard
    Also, only one official score will be mantained per user, to keep the list clean and objective.

4. TiagoDu

UPDATE: Now with a prettier scoreboard, using bbcode tables and spoilers to separate categories.

Also, 3.0 Confirmed features are now pre-added for when it's released ;)

The first post was also embellished, correcting grammar errors and overall making it cleaner

hope you do the challenge :D

5. Regame_Starsword

Regame_Starsword Level 0: Newbie

Can't wait to start this, I had actually made a similar challenge before I saw this, but it didn't involve a scoring system, nor was it ever posted.

6. TiagoDu

Cool! Be sure to post your Score here :)

7. pdba

pdba Level 2: Koopa

I'll have to do it again when 3.0 comes out. :D

8. TiagoDu

Yeah, and i'll need to revise it once more. Due to the new difficulty dialog.
    But that's no sweat. ;)

pdba likes this.
  9. MrKyurem

MrKyurem Level 2: Koopa

Died at world 4-4, -2 SP.

Sophia, y u no hover out of lava?!

EDIT: Normal difficulty.

10. TiagoDu

OK i'll add it :)

EDIT: I guessed the score. Was it over 100K when you died

also, your submission is Unofficial because you died before you finished the game ;)

11. MrKyurem

It was something like 110K. And I know it's unofficial. No warp pipes because I didn't read the rules correctly. Retry time.

12. TiagoDu

Using Warp pipes doesn't make your game unofficial. Dying or using cheats does.

13. MrKyurem

I know. That's why I said that it was because I didn't read the rules right.

14. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

So I've been wanting to give this challenge a try for a while now. Finally got around to doing it..

No idea how the scoring might work with the new versions of SMBC, so I didn't really even attempt to add it all up (aka, I'm lazy and didn't really feel like doing it). Played on the modern powerup setting because I think those were around when the previous runners did it..

EDIT: In hindsight, the classic mode would have worked perfectly. C'est la vie..

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  15. TiagoDu

LOL. Yeah, i have to update it and re-adapt it but that's for later. I'm still watching your run, and i'll only post after i update the ruleset.

Shit, not even I know the rules anymore. I didn't even attempt my own challenge fully...

I supose you played with everything default save for the changes mentioned on the instructions, so it'll be easy to adapt. ;)

Thanks for the run.