Request The "Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link" Link / Adult Link Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Scorpion42, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

This thread is for discussing Link from Zelda 2: The Adventure Of Link. It is for discussing how he could be made into an interesting character that you would want to play as. It substitutes The Zelda II Link Debate after it's unfortunate locking. Be sure to keep the discussion civilized and on-topic.

Now I know what you're thinking: "But Zelda 2 was in the game, Jay Pavlina just removed him because he thought he was too boring. He has explicitly stated on both video and forum why he's not gonna be in the game. He made a list of reasons why Zelda 2 Link shouldn't be in the game. A list."

I think it's pretty clear by now that Zelda 2 Link will not make it into the game. Anyone who want him in the game should not get their hopes up. But he keeps popping up, it's like he's haunting the forum or something. And I thought: "Maybe it's because there is no defined place to discuss it?"

This is the thread where everyone who likes the character can talk about him and how he would work if he were in the game. Even with the knowledge that it makes no difference, it's still nice to have a place to vent your thoughts, where you know you are heard.

Let me start the discussion with a question: Should Zelda 2 Link be a feature of the current Link character, or should he be his own character?

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I'm not a great fan of Zelda II Link (I'll call him Link 2), but I think that later in the game, he should be its own character. With your idea like better controls. And not too much improvement though. That'd be challenging so why not?

3. Diego Jurado Noboa

Diego Jurado Noboa Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I have two things in mind regarding "Link 2".

The bad: I don't like the fact that it feels like everything should have two versions of Link. :p It's enough with Super Smash Bros. I mean.

The good: I don't really like Link in SMBC, but I have a feeling I WOULD like "Link 2"'s moves over Link 1. So if he IS implemented somehow, I'll be using the heck out of him instead of Link 1.

4. Rey D

Patron

Well, we're not talking about Brawl here. Not related to it except there are different versions of Link.

The version 1.0 , the very first, has Link with slippery controls like Link 2. I have it offline, but can't found out the download link, which was supposed to be on the site.

EDIT: They weren't as slippery as I thought, but still a little bit akward.
    You can play it here.

5. Scorpion42

Zelda 2 Link could start off as Zelda 1 Link (with Zelda 2 Link's color scheme, so you wouldn't confuse the two Links on the start screen) and then turn into Zelda 2 Link when grabbing a Mushroom.

6. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

What about when you grab a fire Flower? Would Z2's laser go off the screen, or have a limited range, like in the original?

7. Scorpion42

Maybe he gets it with the mushroom, but the Fire Flower makes it fly off the screen.

8. Rey D

Patron

These are good ideas. What sorta special weapons could he get?

9. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I think Zelda 2 Link should not transform from Zelda 1 Link. Changing the color of his clothes should be enough to tell the power ups apart.

10. Rey D

Patron

Not a bad idea either. Then he could:

Start as normal
    Get the orignal sword beam
    Going off screen sword beam

11. Scorpion42

But what color should his mushroom form have?

Fairy spell or Thunder spell. I can't think of any other spells or items from the game that could work.

Actually, I think the fireflower should make Link's sword shoot fire (like the fire spell) instead of lasers. They would still fly off the screen, but at the same time they would be more remiscent of the original game.

Eric Thorstad likes this.
  12. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Mushroom form could have white tunic, like Zelda 1 Link or a different shade green.

13. Scorpion42

In retrospect, I think Link 2's special ability should be the Fairy spell. Or boomerang, depending on wether he's a seperate character or not.

14. Rey D

Patron

He could start with the colors of Zelda 1, and then get his Z2 colors with the mushroom. Or does he have something that changes his tunic color excpet the shied spell?

Boomrang would not work, since he would not be able to throw it on low ennemies like goomba (you know, if he crouches, he'd throw it downward or something like that). I'm gonna take a look at the spells... probably tomorow.

15. Scorpion42

No, if he crouches, he'll throw it lower. If you throw it while holding down in mid-air, you throw it downwards. You know, just like Bill's gun.

16. Rey D

Patron

But is Jay able to do that? The Boomrang does not work the same way bullets do.
    Well that's not really a reason not to be an idea anyway.

17. Scorpion42

What are you talking about? It doesn't have to.

18. Iceman404

Iceman404 Level 2: Koopa

Are...Are you kidding me?

19. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Ugh It's pointless for Link 2 to start small.

Normal - Green
    Mushroom - Blue - Short Sword Beams
    Fire Flower - Red - Fire Spell

My common sence has striked again!

[​IMG]

Eric Thorstad likes this.
  20. Rey D

Patron

But Jay can make Bill shoot bullets as he wishes. But the boomrange of Link points down too. I dunno if Jay can make a Link throw Boomrang right or leftward while pointing downward.

No I'm dead serious. He couldn't in the past. Nothing told he know how to solve it now.

Where are these colors from?