Request The "Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link" Link / Adult Link Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Scorpion42, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

From Zelda II. Blue one is the same blue tunic from Zelda I.

2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Cool sprites. However, Zelda 1 Link had green, white, and red tunics. The blue tunic didn't appear until A Link to the Past. I just recently looked it up because I wasn't sure myself.

3. Crownjo

It's a consept on what the colors would be like.

Zelda 1 Link had a Blue Tunic. However it's very light blue. The same color pallet is used as you see in this picture.

4. Mitewing

Really? *looks again* Damn, you're right! It looked white to me in the original game. I must be color blind. Lol.

5. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

What is the point of Mario starting small then

If Jay can make Bill shoot bullets down or forward depending on wether he's in mid-air or not, then I'm pretty sure he can do it with Links boomerang too. He coded the thing all by himself, I don't think we should underestimate him.

I haven't heard anything about him having problems with that. I think it simply never crossed his mind.

So, should Link 2 start off small or not?

6. Mitewing

No, Link 2 should not start off small. He should be as different from Link 1 as possible and as close to his original gameplay as he can be. Link 1 should only use his items and Link 2 should only be able to use the abilities from his game.

7. Scorpion42

You know, something just hit me: Why is having to crouch to hit goombas such an issue when you can just jump on them?

One place we could get inspiration for Link 2 is Super Mario Bros. X, where he is a playable character, and a pretty good one at that. He pretty much works just as I imagine him in SMBC except for a few things:
    1. He has hearts, three to be precise. He only has two levels: Normal and Fire Flower. When he picks up a Fire Flower, he gains a heart. If he gets hit in normal form while having more than one heart, he doesn't die. It could work, but I think hearts and such should be restricted to a Health Mode.
    2. Coins are replaced with rupees. I don't know if they count as currency or not, but they are very different. They have physics; when you hit a block they don't just fly up in the air and get added to your counter, you have to grab them. And those blocks that contain extra many? if you hit one of those, all rupees fly out at the same time. It makes him overpowered, and it should be coins anyway.
    3. He doesn't climb vines. Instead, he turns into a fairy. But if you fly away from a vine, he turns back to normal. I think that's stupid. In my opinion, if anything, the fairy should be his "special"

8. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I've played this game. I played it some months ago. Controlling was hard as hell. Anyway, he shoots a fire ball which goes straight forward instead of a laser in this game. But Link shooting fire balls? Weird to me.

9. Mitewing

I've played this game and it's pretty cool. This is mostly how I envision him to play. I also hate the climbing vines thing too. A recent update added the Ice Flower which Link can use too.

10. Scorpion42

As long as it doesn't get into the normal levels, I'm all for Ice Flower. It could be used in custom maps.

11. Crownjo

Oh god you don't get it. Link 1 is already small. Link 2 is diffrent. He shouldn't start small because Link 1 already covers that. Why is that hard for you to understand such a concept?

12. Scorpion42

Because I don't set a character being unique very high. Don't treat me like a retard, and learn to only quote the parts of posts you're replying to.

13. Crownjo

lol well I can't say much about that reply. But I can leave a picture that can sum it up

[​IMG]

14. Scorpion42

what

15. Mitewing

Adult Link shouldn't start small. His gameplay should resemble his origin game. The whole point of a new character is uniqueness. If not they might as well just be a skin.

16. Diego Jurado Noboa

Diego Jurado Noboa Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

What if "Link 2" is a combination of Link 2 and 4?

See, we'd need a small version for Link 2. But there is no small Link in Zelda 2, and it'd be stupid to reuse Link 1 again.

So why not use Link's Awakenening Link as the small "Link 2", and then have him grow into the real Link 2?

Link's Awakening Link could have:
    -Spin Attack (hold attack button)
    -Hook Shot (hold special button)

17. Crownjo

Or Link 2 can play how he did rather then make up stuff. Also Link's Awakenening Link is very diffrent from Link 2. That wouldn't make sense at all.

18. Zunar

Zunar Level 5: Spiny

I've noticed something. Remember how ER said that Zelda 2 Link looks like he's taking a shit when he jumps? Well, Simon jumps the exact same way.

Scorpion42 likes this.
  19. Scorpion42

It should've been Mileena vs Scorpion.

20. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Scorpion42 likes this.