Request The "Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link" Link / Adult Link Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Scorpion42, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Here are the spells as depicted in the manual, for reference.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    http:\" title=" title=/zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Search?ns6=1&search=Spell&fulltext=Search&ns6=1&advanced=&filters[]=is_image&rank=default
    I'd suggest making custom sprites based on these, since they're sorta the official icons, but especially Spell would be hard to make look good.
    Using the Heart Container might get confusing with some level skins (SML2, for instance). But the boot is a very good choice for Jump.
    The one-up doll with a red tunic for shield spell, alternatively

aliceandsven and Mitewing like this.
  2. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Zelda 2 pickup icons.gif

Well this was just finished by me before seeing the above post but how are they?

3. Scorpion42

The Lightning looks very blunt and curvy, you have to make it thinner/the angles more pronounced.
    The reflect icon should include the shield if it were to show more what it did, otherwise it looks like shockwave or something
    I don't know what the big potion is for. You don't have to make the sprites so thin, 16X16 is a fine size :)
    Otherwise it's a sound idea, and looks good. What is the difference between red and blue potion?

4. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

The Book of Magic still works well with Spell since it was originally supposed to be a Bible in the Famicom version.
    The Heart for Life could have the line around it to make it different from other Zelda hearts. The Shield spell should not only give an extra hit but also the Sword Beam in my opinion.

The Thunder should have two lightning bolts. Currently it looks like a fang.

Scorpion42 likes this.
  5. mitsymckenzie777

Well the magic container works cause it's closest think in looks to the magic bag from Link to the Past, In which the magic bag from what I remember has similar effect to the Spell spell. Unless the P Bag without the p was used.

Zelda 2 pickup icons.gif
    How is this?

Mitewing likes this.
  6. mitsymckenzie777

After seeing this idea I thought of another possible adult Link skin.

Mitewing likes this.
  7. Scorpion42

Here are some icons of varying quality:
    3.png small.png
    1.png 5.png

8. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Let's revisit Z2 Link for a bit. To recap and provide further suggestions:
    Link begins with the Sword and Magic Shield. The Mushroom increases sword damage and adds the sword beam, which does little damage and doesn't travel far.
    Items:
    Handy Glove-Enables to break Brick Blocks
    Boomerang-I know he doesn't have this, but the Goriyas do. It would have the same physics as Z2 and properties of Z1. It's a fun way to link (pun intended) the two playable versions and probably would be a look at how Link played prior to SMBC 1.0.
    Spells:
    Jump-Uses Boot Sprite
    Fairy-Uses Fairy Sprite
    Reflect-Z1 Magic Shield Sprite
    Shield-Protects from firebars. Custom Red Tunic Sprite
    Fire-Custom Fireball Sprite
    Spell-Changes enemies into Goombas. Z1 Book of Magic Sprite
    Thunder-Custom Lightning Bolt Sprite
    Spells use magic and are refilled with Small and Large Magic Containers

Anything else to add or suggest?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014