Theme Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by uglyrodent, Jan 17, 2012.

1. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

If you add Snake Man's stage, I would never play another skin lol

2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Do you see Search Snake anywhere? No. Sorry to say but it's not gonna get in. Though an idea I had was that there could be an alternate bonus area for each one, which I could possibly take a poll on for each game (1-6, 9 and 10).

3. Dochobin

Dochobin Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Well, I went ahead and started working on a Megaman skin because I didn't know there was one in progress.
    So... Well, here's a theme of Cutman's stage. You can use it if you want or do nothing with it if you want.
    [​IMG]
    I'll leave the Megamanning up to you. Yours look much better anyway. :)

nickreaper and Alkerion like this.
  4. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

There may as well be just two distinct Mega Man Theme Skins, and hopefully have both added. One version meant specifically for fitting the weapons that Mega Man/Bass carry, and one with more fitting themes.

5. Dochobin

Alright, why not? I think I'll do that.

*EDIT*
    [​IMG]

Here ya go.

*EDIT 2*
    I've also just made Gemini Man's stage for underwater levels.
    [​IMG]

I think what I'll do to to distinguish this from Missingno2's themes is stick with stages from Megaman 1-3.

*EDIT 3*
    Here's Flash Man for Underground levels.
    [​IMG]

*EDIT 4*
    Elec Man!
    [​IMG]

*EDIT 5*
    Wily Stage 4 from Megaman 1. Goes over castles.
    [​IMG]

*EDIT 6*
    Crash Man. I'm on fire!
    [​IMG]

*EDIT 7*
    This is officially the longest post ever.
    Hey look it's Shadow Man.
    [​IMG]

*EDIT 8*
    Backgrounds.
    [​IMG]
    Snake Man.

[​IMG]
    Crash Man.

[​IMG]
    Flash Man.

[​IMG]
    Wily Stage 4.

[​IMG]
    Gemini Man.

*EDIT 9*
    Added Bubble Man, who is specifically for World 2, and revised some minor things. Here is all of it in one sheet:
    [​IMG]

Also updated the backgrounds, but I'll put those on the Backgrounds thread that I just learned existed.

I'm thinking Cutman can be World 1 (cause who didn't start with Cutman), World 2 I know I want to be Bubble Man, World 3 could be Snake Man, I think Elec Man for World 4, maybe Crash Man World 5, and World 8 will be Shadow Man. Only really sure about Bubble, Shadow, and Cut.

All that's left now is Worlds 6 and 7's themes, if I choose that order.

Alkerion and silentshadowxp like this.
  6. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Progress on Mushroomy theme thing.
    [​IMG]
    Kinda need help on the coral, though.

Alkerion and nickreaper like this.
  7. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

Completely off-topic... but, I'll raise my hand here. I always started with Bomb Man.

8. Beed28

Beed28 Level 5: Spiny

AND Bomb Man's tileset could very well work with SMBC's tiling system. Best of both worlds!

9. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I always start with Guts Man. Lol

uglyrodent, ThomasMink and Nat like this.
  10. sonicmariofan

sonicmariofan Level 3: Paratroopa

i start with cut man for MM1 MM2 metal man MM3 hard or top man MM4 toad man MM5 stone man MM6 tomahawk man MM7 cloud or burst and MM8 tengu mans stage

Mitewing likes this.
  11. Dochobin

Well, right now I'm using some tiles from Bomb Man's stage for Cutman's giant mushrooms levels, so it works out.

*EDIT*
    Added Magnet Man's stage for World 6.
    [​IMG]

One theme left to go, and then we'll have all 8 worlds. The last one will have to be from 1 or 2, since 3 is now outnumbering both of them.

Alkerion, Dimpsy and ThomasMink like this.
  12. Goomba98

Goomba98 Level 3: Paratroopa

THE 5x5 BLOCKS OF TILES ARE USED FOR INTERSECTIONS.

13. Dochobin

Yeah, I know. But the original SMB tileset doesn't use those anyway, it uses those blocks underneath instead for things like the flagpole staircase and whatever. Without being able to preveiw it in the game, I don't remotely have the brain power to work out the intersections in my head, so I'm just counting on using the blocks SMB1 uses.

nickreaper likes this.
  14. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Since there's discrepancy in what robot master people do first (personally I always go with Guts Man), why don't we just go clockwise from top to bottom?

Which would...probably start with Guts Man. Or Cut Man.

15. Dochobin

Well, I think World 1 should be from Megaman 1 since it's the first game. The only two themes i have from Megaman 1 are Cut Man and Elec Man, and I want the last slot to be from Megaman 2 because Gutsman has been made by someone else, Bomb Man has tiles in Cut Man's stage, and Fire Man would make Shadow Man look bad as World 8. Maybe I could make Ice Man, but right now I'm thinking Air.

Anyway, between Cut Man and Elec Man, if you start with Elec Man, you're screwed. So Cut Man it is. And he's on the top left anyway. ;)

uglyrodent likes this.
  16. Goomba98

Goomba98 Level 3: Paratroopa

SMBS uses some of the top ones.

17. Dochobin

Well crap then.

*EDIT*

All right, I've added reworked the intersections for some of the themes that I think need it. Hopefully they work out right. :/

I've also added Air Man for World 7. Now I need to make his background.
    [​IMG]

18. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Here is my go at it. I suggest you to touch up some of the lighting on the pot if you use it, and maybe a little on the "coral" too. You can also cut the top off the top.
    u2JAZ8G.png
    Or I can do it if you really insist. Or... not, maybe it's not important. But, y'know, it's your skin

nickreaper and MissingNo2 like this.
  19. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

Theme_001.png
    I fixed the SMAS map theme by:
    - reducing the width of the bushes so they match what they're supposed to be.
    - recoloring some things to look like what they would look like in the original.
    - adding bushes, trees, fences and bridge rails to the underwater and castle themes to prepare for the Lost Levels.
    - changing the castle's solid block to grey.
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    Mini edit:
    Theme_001.png
    made the underground tree trunk more accurate.

20. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I'd say that looks like an improvement.