Theme Skins

Discussion in 'Skins' started by uglyrodent, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Never knew you guys were doing this project. Anyways I may as well move on to just Finn The Human.

2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I made something a while ago...
    Well, it's a start... Right?

Attached Files:

Rey D, silentshadowxp and nickreaper like this.
  3. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

Man, those warp pipes look like they're made of rock. Like something from the Flintstones, except green.

4. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

You sir are awesome! I hope you plan to continue to finish this project because it's looking good so far. I'll compile those enemies into the official skin sheet if you'd like.

Faruga and nickreaper like this.
  5. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

One thing I've noticed with theme skins and replacing Toad and the Princess is that we're going to run into problems when those characters become playable. With the Mega Man sheet, for example, there are playable skins up on the wiki of both Eddie and Roll. What if you're playing as one of them? Does Eddie run into Eddie every castle? Does Roll find herself at the end of her long an arduous journey? "Thank you, Roll. It turns out you were the Princess all along."

I don't really have any alternate solutions, I just think it will make for some odd situations.

6. Dimpsy

Dimpsy Level 9: Spike Top

Well people had ideas for Bowser being playable and they had solutions to them. Maybe if Peach DOES become playable,the Princess will actually be Daisy. Also Toad would maybe be Yoshi. Roll would be Kalinka or somebody. Eddie,would be maybe be Beat.

Mitewing likes this.
  7. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Well, the solution isn't simply "make it someone else," since the person you rescue is tied to the map skin, not the character skin. I suppose the issue isn't too big a deal, but in order to make it all work out, extra map skins would have to be made for characters who are normally being rescued (e.g., all Mega Man character skins could be set to rescue Eddie Roll except for the Eddie and Roll skins, in which case it is someone else being rescued).

Mitewing likes this.
  8. silentshadowxp

You actually just gave a great solution and didn't even realize it. Simply put toad and the princess in the character skins. Problem solved.

Mitewing and sbq92 like this.
  9. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Toad is really not a problem because he belongs to a species where most of them look the same, like the Smurfs. The real problem is the Princess.

10. silentshadowxp

While this is true, there's still the fact that other map skins could have a different character there.

Example: What if a Mega Man map skin had Dr Light in place of Toad, but then Dr Light were playable. It's not going to be Toad in non-Mario skins, so that needs to be taken into account.

Mitewing and sbq92 like this.
  11. nickreaper

Can we just accept the possibility of Dr. Light saving Dr. Light, or Princess Peach saving Princess Peach? There have been plenty of professionally released video games that have let stuff like that go.

12. silentshadowxp

What, like Mario Galaxy's Luigi finding himself? That's just sloppy if you ask me. Though I may make a post suggesting the change somewhere off of this thread.

13. nickreaper

it's just a skin. If you can't forgive a little breaking of the space/time continuum for the sake of playing as your favorite character then...then...then I just don't know how to react to that. :p

14. Korby

Korby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Let's not forget the fact that we have robots, ninjas, ye olde vampire hunters, a guy in a tank, a medieval midget, and a space lady fighting dinosaurs, mushrooms, flying fish, giant squid, and giant turtles.

It makes about as much sense as anything else in this game, so it's fine. Just assume they're from an alternate universe, where, you know, Princess Peach actually does stuff, and same with Dr. Light.

(Plus, you know, Roll and Eddie are robots and there can be more than one of them, especially Eddie)

15. nickreaper

Did...did you just brush Link off as a "medieval midget"?

silentshadowxp likes this.
  16. silentshadowxp

I wouldn't care if it happened honestly, but I figured I'd bring it up in case Jay might not like the thought of that happening.

17. nickreaper

He is very anal about representing the characters well.

hurr hurr..."anal"...

18. Korby

Compared to other characters, his technology is medieval, and he's also arguably the smallest character.

So yes, medieval midget. Don't get me wrong, I love Zelda games, you guys are just being silly.

19. nickreaper

You seem like a very respectful person.

20. Korby

Mmyes. "Medieval midget" is an alliteration, and therefore fun to say.

On a more relevant note:
    Interface_000.png
    What are the non-outlined numbers(top right) used for?