Request Toad Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Mitewing, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Pretty much. It makes sense to include Toad and Peach.

2. silentshadowxp

silentshadowxp Level 7: Bloober

It does and it doesn't. While it would be great to have them both, we're still not entirely sure how much time Jay is going to put into Crossover beyond the two announced unknown (non-platforming) characters and Lost Levels. So while it makes sense that they'd both fit well in crossover, it doesn't make sense to assume that Jay's going to spend enough time on the game to make them both (let alone if he even makes one). That's why I'm personally being more conservative and trying to just support one of the characters and not both.

And when it comes down to it, Peach has all the abilities Toad has and she can hover. I don't think Toad being slightly faster warrants him being the character to represent Mario 2. Just saying. I know I might be the minority here that thinks like all of this, but I like throwing in my two cents every once in a while. >.>

3. Crownjo

Hm you got some good points to be honest... If I could have one of them it would be Peach. Besides they are working on the new game so no new stuff for a long time.

The thing I like about Toad and Peach is that they would be simple characters and would be nice to have for alternative to other characters with alot of power ups.

4. ThomasMink

ThomasMink Level 5: Spiny

Peach is nice for her floating, but she's so slow at picking anything up other than the small vegetables. Toad picks everything up fast, and somehow runs faster when carrying something. Always liked that about Toad.

I'd welcome either joining the cast, though. The SMB2US playstyle would work well.

Mitewing likes this.
  5. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

With 2.0 changes, they would get the following powerups after the mushroom:

Random vegetables, shell, bomb, POW block, stopwatch.

6. Crownjo

Not really powerups but they would be the only characters to have the Mushroom as their only powerup.

7. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

Well,
    To make the game feel a little like SMBC,
    If life bars are added, give them one.
    Now. I've got an idea.
    Instead of getting a mushroom by bashing your hand on it, you get on top of the block, and pull it up, like in SMB2.
    Again, toad picks em' up faster, and you can also keep it in your hand. When you press X with it in your hand, you achieve it.
    Sound good?

silentshadowxp likes this.
  8. Crownjo

Since this game mixes a character's gameplay with SMB1's ideas I like if they can touch it like everyone else.

Anyways they can pick up bricks and maybe enemy's.

9. Mitewing

I meant items not powerups. They should be able to stand on and pick up enemies. They should also be able to pluck up coins/items from above AND hit them from below. Above has advantage of being quick. Below has advantage of knowing what the item is before you get it.

10. Crownjo

If it's coins that I collect then no.

11. Mitewing

You would have the option of doing it either way. They would play like a mix of the two games. You don't HAVE to pluck coins.