Ultimate Speedrun

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by uglyrodent, Jan 31, 2011.

1. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Usually, but this is a special speedrun. The point of this one is to get through the levels as quickly as possible, and the skill is based entirely on maneuvering through the levels rather than having to deal with enemies. It's actually a lot of fun. You should give it a try. :)

2. Banana Cream Pie

Banana Cream Pie Level 0: Newbie

So I am not allowed to use infinite time? I know it seems like a dumb question (this IS a speedrun) but maybe I go really fast but take like 10 minutes on a hard level.

3. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

I'd still like to see a speedrun with no cheating.

4. sbq92

There's a thread for normal speedruns. If you want to attempt one and record it, feel free. :)

5. Scorpion42

Scorpion42 Level 6: Lakitu

Thanks, I didn't see it.

6. CantripKing

CantripKing Level 0: Newbie

After seeing this thread, I've decided to start a speedrun as Simon. Here are the specifications.
    Cheats: Infinite Time, Invincible
    Character: Simon
    Difficulty: Super Easy

I will post the time once I finish.

EDIT: I finally finished the Simon run, with awful results.

Read it and watch me weep: 35:24! Beat that!

7. JoMamma

JoMamma Level 6: Lakitu

Ok..
    Gonna have to beat this game again (not my computer so no more save) THEN take the challenge.
    I'll come back to you....
    But I WILL be using Mega Man, FYI.

Back.
    Ok, gonna take this challenge, finally.
    We'll see how I do..
    NEXT TIME ON ER FORUMS!!!

8. Tienfan789

Tienfan789 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Do I get all the cheats your talking about by beating the game? Im using link, if that matters.

9. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

You unlock the cheats in various ways, but every time you load the game you lose any cheats you unlocked.

So here is what you do: Go into the cheat menu, and highlight "Simon Jump". Hit the button to toggle it...either 8 or 10 times, I think. Then hit the cancel button. Go back into the cheat menu and congratulations, you got all the cheats!

10. sbq92

Also, if you don't want to do that every time you play, you can save your game and then every time you play the game, load your saved game and all the cheats you unlocked will be unlocked again.

11. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

That was what I wanted to say.

Well, there's the easy way uglyrodenyt told you, and there are the player's ways. In the list of cheats, simply select the "???" to know what you need to do to unlock this cheat. you should look at and retain them all so you can simply get some cheats during your playthrough. Unlocking some cheats is needed to unlock other cheats easily.
    There are some cheats for which you need Samus and/or Sophia.

12. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

Hey, I don't mean to be a jerk, but look at my sig.

13. sbq92

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, and your time is a SOPHIA time, anyway. :p Simon is a lot harder to finish the game with quickly, since he is not nearly as maneuverable. :)

14. Tienfan789

guys, when I tryed the toggle thing 8 or ten times, it didnt work. I pressed back to main menu, since i didnt see a cancel button. whats wrong??

edit: well, its harder than I thought so I'm not gonna get a score for a while lol. is it ok if I use the pit bounce cheat?

15. Rey D

Patron

Ok...
    -Put your cursor on CLASSIC SIMON
    -Press the JUMP button (Z by default) 10 times (be sure it switches between ON and OFF 10 times)
    -Press the SPECIAL button (C by default)
    →Cheats unlocked

16. Tienfan789

it worked! you'll see my score outclassing all of yours soon >=]

17. Rey D

Patron

Of course it did. I use this code when I'm not at home.

18. sbq92

The Bouncy Pits cheat is not allowed in the Ultimate Speedrun Challenge. It would certainly be helpful, but it detracts from the purpose of the challenge: to get through the level as quickly as possible (that is, without enemies in the way). The Bouncy Pits cheat would effectively alter the levels, since the pits would no longer be pits. :)

19. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

I think that's a CHALLENGE!!

20. JoMamma

JoMamma Level 6: Lakitu

Woohoo!
    I BEAT IT, BITCHES!!! :cool:
    Ha, just kidding.
    But I did beat it.
    :megaman: 29:41
    Mega Man now stands in my sig....
    ANYWAY,
    Difficulty Level: Easy
    Cheats activated: Infinite Time, Invincible, Mega Man High Jump
    Time Counted: Starting Stopwatch, Playing (obviously), Closing Pop-up, and Credits.

sbq92 likes this.