Unused content?

Discussion in 'Game' started by Lilfut, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I assume Warriors of Light and Vic Viper were the two non side scroller characters all this time?

2. Lilfut

Lilfut Level 7: Bloober

Well yes.

3. Ryuza

Ryuza Level 6: Lakitu

Not at all. :D

Basically the plan was for you to switch through the four of them on the fly though, I think they each had four skills and you used them with the arrows and the attack button or something.

We had a bunch of different ideas for them, it was pretty interesting thinking of how they might play. I think we were gonna try slow or hover for one of the white mages skills.

For Vic though it was pretty simple, just add auto-scrolling, I had suggested making it so there were bullet bills coming at you throughout each stage like one of the stages had, or cheep cheeps or something.

Mitewing likes this.
  4. Lilfut

I like the idea of using FIGHTER as your field guy and then pressing B to open up a command menu. Then you can switch between characters with Select and Special, and navigating a menu to attack. The sword would have rather long range, of course.

mitsymckenzie777 likes this.
  5. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Personally, a SHMUP Mario game sounds more like a stand-alone type thing to me, like its own game.

6. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

And I was thinking one of the characters would be Bomberman or Solid Snake. Totally off!

I would love to see these characters added one of these days. However, Exploding Rabbit has bigger hares to blow up right now.

Super Retro Squad Go!!!!

7. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Okay, that makes sense. By the way, how did you know when you weren't even on the team back then?

Rey D likes this.
  8. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Ah, did Ryuza need/want the promoted sprites to use the same palette?
    (I couldn't really recognize them on the wiki page because the picture was so small.)

9. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I've played enough FF3 to recognize the sprite. :p

Rey D likes this.
  10. Mitewing

Question: After all the remakes, were the FF 1 characters ever given default names? I know Vic Viper pilot's name is James Burton.

I really hope these are made eventually. Then almost every shmup and RPG could be considered for skins.

11. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

The Warriors of Light.

12. Mitewing

I'm talking about individual names. I knew they were called the Warriors of Light.

13. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Warrior of Light. Every one of them.

If you want a source and serious anwser, the character representing FF1 in Dissidia is a fighter (with a brand new design), and he's called "Warrior of Light". So basically, they got no name.

14. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Rey D is saying it in a really roundabout way, but basically no, they were never given canon names. Technically even "Warrior of Light" isn't their name, I think they were just trying to avoid canonizing anything as the character's "correct" name.

Rey D likes this.
  15. Lilfut

I know the GBA version lets you use an Earthbound-style "don't care" option to randomly pull from a list of names for each class. Hang on, lemme find 'em...

EDIT: Here, with the origins for each.

Assuming you don't use those, though, the best way to name them in SMBC is WARRIORS, as in, THANK YOU WARRIORS! BUT THE PRINCESS IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE!

16. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Awwww and White Mage is on my wishlist. Oh well if added though White Mage could be a skin for Blackmage spells could be recolored with pinkish and white colors to look more holy like.

Or better yet like in FF1 Fighter and White Mage could use same holy like spells and Thief and Black Mage Fire Ice Thunder.

White Spells
    The Anti Fire spell works like Samus' Varia Suit.
    Shell/Fog if Link and Proto Man are given working Shieldsthis would be equivalent.
    Harm/Holy or what ever just a recolor of Thunder.
    Each would need to use MP but alas this might be a hopeless post as Jay says he may not finish them.:cry:

17. Lilfut

You mean AFIR, FOG, and FADE, right?

18. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

AFIR yes
    FOG yes
    FADE no. I was speaking of HARM one of the W Mage's 5 attack spells. Though HOLY would make more sense being HARM only works on undead.

EDIT yes FADE damn Nintendo's anti religious theme policy in the 80's it stumped me.

NOTE I was thinking of Holy in later releases of FF1.

19. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Wait, the White Mage's default names are female?
    I guess they just gave up trying to convince everyone he was supposed to be a man. I blame 8-Bit Theater, myself.

20. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I don't think it's 8-Bit Theater, I think it's the fact that the white mage looks like a chick.

Rey D, Lilfut and MissingNo2 like this.