Unused content?

Discussion in 'Game' started by Lilfut, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

Umm... just felt curious about the Gradius ship... there's no plans for implementing it, right? I would've loved to make it skins from Parodius, Salamander, Abadox, Zero Wing... Gradius.PNG

Mitewing likes this.
  2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

What are you talking about?

3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

It's kind of fun seeing a TCRF page for this game though

And omg I'm gonna freak out if Vic Viper and Parodius skins make it into the game

Develon and Mitewing like this.
  4. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Not to mention the R-Type games and I even believe that Captain Commando from Section-Z could be a skin!

Hopefully we will see Vic Viper real soon since I think it would be easy to program.

5. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

I am sorry but when did Jay even say not adding Vic? He said it is not much work and that is why thought of adding him in an update. I am sorry but that does not sound like a "I am not going to add it".

6. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

It is very easy to add but that doesn't mean it works.
    • It flies around, so pits are meaningless
    • It goes very slow on autoscroll, so time limit is meaningless
    • It can shoot three types of projectiles and becomes a fucking spam machine when fully powered and 3 options, so Mario enemies are pretty damn easy to it
    The only real threat I can see is firebars, and that's about it. Not a very fun experience.

7. Mitewing

I never said he wasn't ever going to add it or not. People are allowed to change their minds. If you have been keeping up with the Twitter/Facebook updates then yesterday you would have seen to expect something next week for the 3rd anniversary of SMBC. Hopefully it will be the next update which we know for a fact will be new levels and skins. A new character would be unexpected but even more awesome.

Omicron likes this.
  8. Urutsune

You forgot Cheep-Cheeps! Possibly every brick and stage object would kill you too if you touch it. Not to mention why would why would the character even be considered to be added without a solid plan? I am sure the stages would be at least a LITTLE DIFFERENT that would make things fancy for Vic. Like I dunno, bullet bills and maybe a raid of flying koopas? I am sure there would be a catch.

Sorry, it just sounded like you meant it that way. And I know of the upcoming update, though I don't know where was said for a fact that it will be new stages (not that would not be my guess what the update will be). But I had not looked around that hard lately, so I may had missed some fancy info.

Omicron likes this.
  9. aliceandsven

There are already characters that make the stage design and challenge of SMB pointless (Bill, Sophia). There's also Link who was changed a great deal in order to fit the platforming gameplay, so if auto-scrolling doesn't work maybe Vic could just freely move around.

Playing as Vic could be a lot of fun. Just like it's fun to stick to the ceiling and kill bowser as Sophia, even if it' snot very challenging.

MissingNo2 and Mitewing like this.
  10. Urutsune

Not sure how would moving freely be really better, if anything it would just make things much easier. Auto scrolling forces you to a specific speed, other characters can run away from dangers but not Vic. You have to endure every trouble lengthy time like example the cheap cheep rain. It could be tweaked into a challenge with a few extras for Vic. Besides also remember that Vic dies from a single hit so you can only make one mistake, it has the Bill Rizer effect.

Mitewing likes this.
  11. Mitewing

Any combination of Cheep Cheeps, Bullet Bills, Bowser fire, firebars, Podobos, Lakitus, Bloopers, and SMB2J wind along with auto scrolling can make Vic Viper fun and challenging. Depending how game play is implemented it can be as easy or as hard as necessary.

MissingNo2 and Urutsune like this.
  12. Urutsune

And that is what game difficulty setting is also for!

Mitewing likes this.
  13. Mitewing

sbq92 and Jay has mentioned multiple times the next update will have new levels, but didn't specify which ones they will be.

14. Urutsune

I do know there has been a lot of hint and talking about new level making, but I possibly missed when it was said the next update will have it. Well that is really cool, new levels are a perfect anniversary gift. I am gonna go and hope way big that they will surprise us with both special and lost levels.

Mitewing likes this.
  15. aliceandsven

what is that music that plays on level one in Gradius where you dodge the volcano? That should play on the cheep-cheep bridge stages :o)

16. Develon

Develon Level 5: Spiny

This:

It would fit nicely, even though I prefer Gradius 2's music
    (I couldn't find the video)

Mitewing likes this.
  17. Urutsune

Isn't that the boss music? If you would use the boss music for a stage then what would be for the boss? Besides it is too short and repetitive for a whole stage anyways.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  18. Pgj6297

Pgj6297 Level 2: Koopa

It does now

19. Mariofan5000

Mariofan5000 Level 6: Lakitu

I just updated that article to include the rest of the unused sprites as mentioned on the :ER: wiki. If anyone can improve it in some way, go right ahead. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the article? Also, is the skull in the Interface skin used?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
    Mitewing likes this.
  20. Mitewing

Don't know about the skull, but you didn't mention the leaves for the Lost Levels wind.