Request Vic Viper Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by CowboyJoseph64, Jul 27, 2013.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I think if Vic Viper makes it in, it would be as some sort of "sub-game" separate from the main SMBC mode. I think it could work sort of like Mitewing's idea, in which you fly through levels based on SMB and SMBS while dealing with Bullets Bill, Lakitus, and Piranha Plants.

2. JAGUARHX

JAGUARHX Level 2: Koopa

I like that too. Is a good idea. But, like you said, is something like a ''new game/sub-game'' in super mario crossover. Dont problem to me. But, i am dont a programer... i dont can think like a programer: this is the problem! Jay can say ''this is the best way: is very easy make this sub-game shmup in the game'' or ''I prefer make this way: like a platform character, because i dont want make a super character with power to across all the game without touch the ground!''. I am a newbie here... :) i dont know the Jay's style to make our request come true. Jay read and reply coments inside this topics ?

Yours ideas is simple and great. I prefer your sugestions to be honest. But, i don't know what Jay think.

3. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Define "sub-game" for me. Do you mean it as it would be so much on a different level of gameplay it kinda be like a sub game OR do you actually mean it as a extra sub game inside SMBC. If the later then I don't think it has place in SMBC. Again I don't even know how you even imagine the first one.

Am I the only one who see this whole thing possible to made very simply?

4. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

"Sub-game" might have been the wrong (hyphenated) word. I guess what I meant is that the enemy placement (and possibly the layout) would have to be significantly altered from the original SMB when playing as Vic Viper, so they wouldn't be the same levels you play as everyone else.

5. CowboyJoseph64

CowboyJoseph64 Level 6: Lakitu

maybe not actually change the WHOLE DANG LAYOUT, but having bullet bills and lakitus keep shooting at you would probably be good enough to make it challenging anyway. But oh wait, you can just go to the top of the screen and shoot lakitu, that's right. But hopefully the bullet bills are enough.

6. coolman

coolman Level 5: Spiny

Or put a ceiling with variable height in each stage.When you crash the ceiling,BOOM!You die!

7. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Depends on what actually happens in Gradius.

8. coolman

coolman Level 5: Spiny

In gradius,if you touch a little bit the floor or ceiling,you die.

Mitewing likes this.
  9. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

For one Bullet Bills are Bullet Bills and they cannot be killed with normal attack. You are forced to dodge them with Vic. Bullet Bills ALWAYS fired at your position. So what happens when you are in some very tight place? Death happens. Even for the normal enemies you most likely have to land several hits, so it is not just breezing through enemies. Vic also has a super unspecific speed, so it is not necessary for it to be super fast easy dodger in SMBC.

Mitewing and mitsymckenzie777 like this.
  10. KefkaX21

KefkaX21 Level 3: Paratroopa

Maybe vic cold work as a sophia skin

JAGUARHX likes this.
  11. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

There's already setup for Vic to be a playable character, so if it shows up at all in the game, it'll be like that.

CowboyJoseph64 and Mitewing like this.