Request Wario and Waluigi in SMBC!!!

Discussion in 'Characters' started by SMBC, Mar 6, 2012.

1. SMBC

SMBC Level 1: Goomba

:bmario: :bowser: I want Wario and Waluigi in SMBC. THAT WOULD RULE!!!

2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

chickbot.gif I want this char in SMBC that would rule too

maybe he can press b to shoot lazer, press a to jump, crush enemies with his metal feets

3. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

*doesn't know how to reacts to alice's reaction*

Anyway, why would you want Wario and Waluigi when you've got Mario and Luigi?

4. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

I want everything.

5. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

*ahem*
    Welcome to the forums I am Captain Rizer, Hero of the People, always here to help.

I think this might be a good read for you.
    http://www.explodingrabbit.com/wiki/Info_for_Newcomers

Anyway character requests should be put in the Wiki and you should state why just because it would "rule" doesn't mean Jay is gonna go head over heels for the idea, even though on Battletoads Discussion we had a huge fallout on the character suggestion subject good luck to your idea.

Good day sir.

I want Rash.

Mitewing likes this.
  6. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Wario and Waluigi are actually pretty different from Mario and Luigi.

Wario has his own unique style of gameplay fleshed out in the Gameboy "Wario Land" games. I haven't played them myself, but from what I've seen he'd make a pretty fun addition.

Waluigi can just go die in a fire because he fucking sucks in pretty much every regard.

All joking/hatred aside, Waluigi has never appeared in a platformer to my knowledge, or really any game that would belie how he acts. He tends to be used as Wario's counterpart in more sporty Nintendo games; Mario Kart, Mario Tennis (his debut), Mario Party. You always play him AS something, but never straight up Waluigi, unlike other characters. This makes him harder to place in terms of gameplay. Based on his stature, I'd say he'd have a longer jump than Wario does, and possibly a little higher. This is purely guesswork. It IS canon that he has an affinity for carrying and using bob-ombs, so there's good odds of that playing into his gameplay.

Luigicat11, Mitewing and Rey D like this.
  7. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ I know about that. I happen to have played one a bit (enough to remember it). But as that person said "Wario AND Waluigi", I wondered what they had in mind.

uglyrodent likes this.
  8. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

Well next to Rash I'd love to see Wario make an appearance! Using his ground pounding and sholder charging would bring a different feel and I happen to own all the Wario Lands for my Gamebody Color and Advance (Wario Land 4) and Wario is a more than elligible character for SMBC.

Waluigi on the hand.... :rolleyes:

Though I think they need to remake Super Mario Land: 6 Golden Coins to the plot where its Luigi and Waluigi so the could flesh him out just a little bit. Cause other than that hes just a mario party filler. Like toadette.

Rey D likes this.
  9. nickreaper

For one thing Wario can't die...ever. He's like the terminator. You can light him on fire, electricute him, disintegrate him, Whatever you do, he'll be back. Which is true. He takes all that abuse, usually all types at the same time, and only dazes him for a few seconds. Maybe knocks him off a platform. Sometimes they even help him get to previously unreachable areas. Getting hit helps in the Wario Land games. Although I'm only recalling my experiences with Wario Land 3 in particular.

uglyrodent likes this.
  10. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

They eventually broke down and gave him a life meter.
    Anyway, the Wario Land 1 and Virtual Boy Wario Land versions of Wario would probably work pretty well (hell, maybe we could colorize his VB sprites and pass them off as NES sprites), with maybe some of the refinements to his basic moveset from the later Wario Lands. I don't think his various environmental interactions (Fire Wario, Spring Wario, etc) would really be appropriate, but shoulder charging and ground pounding could make him a worthwhile character.
    That said, Wario would go against the "Tribute to the NES" spirit of SMBC, as Wario is almost entirely a portable-exclusive character (unless you count sport and spinoff games, which I don't). As for Waluigi, hell no at all. He's worthless in any context except Brawl in the Family (WAAAAAAAAAAAAA).

Rey D, nickreaper and uglyrodent like this.
  11. SMBC

SMBC Level 1: Goomba

Cuz it would be cool lol!

12. nickreaper

Truly this is flawless logic.

13. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

[​IMG]
    They can perfectly be skins of Mario and Luigi. In fact, there's people who's actually working of Wario Bros. skins for the Mario Bros. (Wario is already in the wiki whereas Waluigi is still WIP, I guess)

14. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Waluigi wasn't even created by Nintendo in the first place.

nickreaper and Rey D like this.
  15. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

This sounds vaguely familiar, but I think you'll need to elaborate.

SMBC likes this.
  16. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Mario Tennis was a collaboration with Camelot.
    Nope, this is in the right place. The Wiki system was shut down. You can't even edit the pages anymore.

Rey D and sbq92 like this.
  17. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Same problem as the Geno character, created by another company to be used in a Nintendo game. Sp Nintendo can't reuse those without permission.

SMBC, Rey D and sbq92 like this.
  18. 1337star

1337star Level 2: Koopa

And Mega Man, Bass, Bill Rizer, SOPHIA the III, and Ryu were?

Anyway, I also don't like them as characters for this game. Wario has two modes that could be pulled from: basically a Mario clone (Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3) and an invincible juggernaut (the other Game Boy Wario games), both of which would be kinda lame in SMBC. And Waluigi doesn't even have any official sprites period, much less 8-bit sprites. Nor, as established above, does he have any established mode of play for a platformer.

19. nickreaper

Having Wario in the game with his running elbow/bicep attack would be pretty fun. I made a Wario Land 3 skin for Mario that's in the wiki right now, and I'm sure that if it got into the game and I started using it, I would die all the time because I'd be trying to ram into enemies. It's just not the same.

20. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Well, those were game built around his ability to take abuse. I imagine that, if he were implemented in SMBC, he wouldn't be an invincible juggernaut. He'd probably have the same moveset, but take normal damage from things.

TheomanZero likes this.