Request Wario and Waluigi in SMBC!!!

Discussion in 'Characters' started by SMBC, Mar 6, 2012.

1. CouchTomato

CouchTomato Level 2: Koopa

2. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Jay never said it won't make more major updates, he just said that SMBC is not the current focus due to the new, original game he's developing. SMBC may gain focus again in the future, however. I'm sure Jay won't let the game die.

3. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I'm pretty sure there's at least one more major update planned, but it won't be for a while. After that, who knows? Maybe the new game will be so good we won't care about SMBC any more.

Rey D likes this.
  4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Jay said he won't do such big update anymore (because this one was HUGE). But he also said that he will do less big updates. The game will probably not DIE, but it's so complete he can stop working on it, actually.

5. TiagoDu

Well, idk what the new game is about or what genre it will be, But i NEVER will let SMBC out of my life. It's a masterpiece and should be treated as one.
    Well, for me, a game dies when it's not developed anymore, so if jay stops working on it, at least would he give it to the hands of the community. I'm sure it will be good for the game.

6. Rey D

Patron

→ It's not about forgetting it. It's about not playing as much, letting it cool down and enjoy other stuffs.

BACK ON TOPIC:
    So which game is the most fitting for Wario?

7. TiagoDu

I think WL1 is the most fitting, since wario isn't invincible on it, and there's some power-ups too. WL2/3/4 are more exploration/puzzle oriented, so it won't fit on SMBC. Don't know about Virtual Boy WL though.

8. nickreaper

nickreaper Level 6: Lakitu

Hey, if Jay keeps working on the game forever it'll end up like the Star Wars special editions. You know, where they made Gredo shoot first, and added a bunch of nasty CG. George Lucas says movies aren't finished, they're abandoned. I personally think that's bull, and maybe that might also apply to games.

9. TiagoDu

Well, take a look at Minecraft. Is a game that can be expanded to infinity, really. It's already being developed for a long time and things are going good like there's no tommorow. But MC is a commercial game, and SMBC is free as in free beer, so idk if it's different.
    A game's lifespan is determined on how much quality content and features can be added before he becomes too full. After this it's called Shovelware :p
    Anyway, long life SMBC and let's get BACK ON TOPIC!!!

10. Rey D

Patron

→ GODDAMMIT YOU RE-DERAILLED THE THREAD! >.>
    ...On a more serious tone, you can post in Current Thoughts or make a Intelligent Discussion thread about the "updating forever stuffs" or something.

BACKONTOPIC:
    Does Wario jump high? I've only played a puzzle-orientated Wario game where he doesn't, if I remember well.

11. nickreaper

I hate Super Current Thoughts. They're always talking about something that makes me want to rip the flesh off of my own face, or just some idiot embedding a YouTube video...

...umm...wait did I just say that aloud?

BACKONTOPIC (Why is this all one word?):
    As I recall Wario only jumps slightly higher than Simon or Mega Man do. I know he could never make the flagpole jump, but as far as regular jumps over pits you need to do in the game go...I'm not sure

12. CouchTomato

In Wario Land 2, he can jump about twice his height. for reference.

With regards to which game -- my suggestion was use his Wario Land 2/3 physics and controls, but have the Wario Land 1 powerups. Wario Land 1 had a very large sprite, so it's not a very good game to base physics off of. It's also not his big hit game (WL 2 and 3 are)

13. nickreaper

14. CouchTomato

Oh sure, go ahead. I'd just use my more recent one (the one I originally linked) because the one you've been using has a couple errors here and there.

15. nickreaper

You wouldn't be talking about this one are you? Because I think I like the one I'm using now a bit more.

16. TiagoDu

But......isn't wario too...big for the sometimes claustrophobic enviroments of SMB? I mean, look at him, then look at Mario/Ryu/MegaMan. He's bigger than any character ever requested.

17. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

He's wide, but he's no taller than anyone else. He should fit in okay. A properly-represented Waluigi would need to be a bit taller, but there's no reason he couldn't be within reasonable bounds.

18. TiagoDu

oh, OK. I thougth that Wario was 3x2 blocks, not 2x2

19. CouchTomato

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. My old one drew a lot of heavy criticism from the TSR people, so I remade it into the second (as well as fixed up some messed up pixels), which is a lot more in the SMAS style, palette-wise. If you want to use the old one though, go ahead.

20. nickreaper

His overalls in that one are like powder blue. It doesn't look right. And was it really HEAVILY criticized? Because I think anyone that would HEAVILY criticize the other sprite is some kind of horrible snob monster from the eight dimension.