Request Wario and Waluigi in SMBC!!!

Discussion in 'Characters' started by SMBC, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Molly Jayne

Molly Jayne Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I actually missed a few details in that post, like (Big) Wario automatically crouching to fit into a one-block space as he walks into it, and most/all versions of the charge attack not working underwater. But nothing that I think would need to be changed for SMBC...

I was going to record a video to justify the double-post, but HyperCam isn't cooperating. >_>

2. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Since Waluigi hasn't been in a platformer, I think he should play just like Wario except he has a higher jump, but weaker attacks.

Luigicat11 likes this.
  3. fleek (SMoke Weed)

fleek (SMoke Weed) Level -1: Banned

wario and waluigi should probably just be an alternate skin mario and luigi, respectively

uglyrodent likes this.
  4. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

No. WARIO DOES NOT PLAY LIKE MARIO!!!! HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE TO SAY THIS!!!!!!!
    Go play Wario Land 1/2/3. If you haven't your arguments are invalid.

5. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

No need to burn out either.

6. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Dr. Wily does not play like Bass.

Dr. Wily is a skin of Bass.

Jdaster64 likes this.
  7. Zyborg

Zyborg Level 5: Spiny

How DOES Dr. Wily play?

Lilfut likes this.
  8. uglyrodent

His gameplay is non-existent, which still makes it different from Bass's.

9. TiagoDu

Well, Dr. Wily is technically a boss, so there isn't much hope on a Dr. Wily Character. Making out gameplay aspects isn't very good, too.
    But Wario has an entire franchise of his own, with many games and unique gameplay.
    Ok, but i'm tired counting how many times people say that a Mario skin would be more apropriate for Wario than a character.

Geez, if you played at least one Wario Land you would know that it has many unique features that justify him being a character! His physics are more sticky, he can grab and throw enemies in various directions and with variable force. He can ground pound and bash to stun enemies and break bricks. He's bigger (2x2 tiles compared to Mario's 2x1), can crawl and have many other transformations/powerups that Mario haven't.

Not that i'm abominating a Mario skin of Wario; that would be cool if we can't have it as a character. I'm just saying that Wario have a lot of potential to become a new character, and many people doesn't give Wario his value as a character in a Nintendo platformer that way different that Mario's. Many people just see it as a Mario sports filler...there's people that never saw the Wario Land series! I'm very sad for these people, as they don't know the real potential of Wario...

Mitewing and TheomanZero like this.
  10. Zyborg

Zyborg Level 5: Spiny

Agreed. I thought that I missed a game with Dr. Wily as a playable character. I didn't, so my point stands. Comparing Dr. Wily as a skin to Bass with Wario as a skin for Mario doesn't make much sense. Dr. Wily isn't a playable character in his games (the Mega Man series, NOT the Dr. WIly series which doesn't exist), whereas Wario was both a boss in the second Mario Land game, and had his own PLAYABLE series (Wario Land), in which he isn't that much like Mario at all. Waluigi isn't a playable game outside of the sports and Party series, so having him as a skin for Luigi wouldn't be so bad. But Wario should not be a skin.

TiagoDu likes this.
  11. French rocks

French rocks Level -1: Banned

They should'nt be characters, they should be SKINS. It's my final opinion.

12. uglyrodent

Then you missed my point; I'm not saying Wario and Waluigi should be skins (I think they should because they're not that great, but that's beside the point), I'm saying that if a character's gameplay had to match the character they were being skinned over, we'd have almost no skins. Trying to get it to match as much as you can is good, but not syncing up isn't really a reason that it shouldn't be a skin.

13. fleek (SMoke Weed)

fleek (SMoke Weed) Level -1: Banned

yeah basically this

it doesn't matter if they play differently than mario or luigi, because it's not like that's an important factor in the character/skin separation because seriously things like:
    isn't really valid for a reason for a whole new character when you've reiterated it several times now

so tiagodu, do you have any other reasons for wario being a new character instead of a skin?

14. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Woah hey did you read the thread content?
    If not, do so.

Wario has got his own games.
    This is a constructive character request.

Thread content?

TiagoDu likes this.
  15. TiagoDu

Well, my main point on separating characters from skins is how different they play compared to current characters, or saying in other words, the "uniqueness" of a character. I praise the gameplay of the series overall. After all, i choose games for gameplay in first place.
    Luigi and Bass were special cases: Quick to make "clone" characters that can share a lot of code with existing ones so Jay can put them up on the game in little time. Just like Roy and Marth on SSB Melee.
    Also, Wario is from an important Nintendo franchise. It can also add a lot of gameplay with it's bashing and pounding style of gameplay.
    If we're talking about priorities, that's another story. I would like Kirby and Arthur on the game more than Wario but it doesn't means that it isn't on my Wish-list.
    But, besides that, why Wario shouldn't be a character? What are your guidelines for judging if a character should be a character or a skin, Fleek?

16. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

In my own opinion, I think a more appropriate example would be Pikachu and Pichu, or Fox and Falco. The reason being that Marth and Roy still had to be designed for that game, where as Pikachu and Fox already had their movesets to base Pichu and Falco off of. But I'm getting off topic.
    Having not really played much of any Wario Land game (Other than the Wii game Shake It), I don't have much to say on the topic other than what has already been said about him being a character rather than a skin.

17. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

Wario should be a skin. It'd be a complete waste of time. He'd just be a skinned Mario with a charge.
    Same with Waluigi, with Luigi. Infact, Waluigi doesn't even have a CHARGE!

18. Molly Jayne

Molly Jayne Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I wrote a rather detailed post about Wario Land's gameplay in this very thread that says quite a bit to the contrary, Omegaman. Unless you're saying that every character who walks and jumps in a platformer is a Mario clone.

(Also, Waluigi doesn't have anything. He's not a platforming character in anything official. I still think he'd be a fun skin for Wario style gameplay, though. Or Luigi, but since Wario isn't a Mario clone, I'd rather not have Waluigi be a Luigi clone, personally...)

Rey D and Crownjo like this.
  19. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Also a ground pound, different jumping physics, different power-ups, different size . . .

20. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

Doesn't matter.
    He's Mario. But fatter, a new mustache, a new pallet, and more fatness.