Request Wario and Waluigi in SMBC!!!

Discussion in 'Characters' started by SMBC, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Molly Jayne

Molly Jayne Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

>claims Wario would just be a skinned Mario with a charge
    >is given several examples of gameplay differences
    >"Doesn't matter."

It's fine if you don't want Wario as a character, but if you're going to make arguments against it, at least make them make sense. By your logic, Luigi shouldn't be in the game either. He's Mario, but skinnier, a new mustache, a new palette and less gameplay differences than Wario.

2. Omegaman

Omegaman Level 6: Lakitu

Yes. But Luigi was in most early mario games. Including SMB. So he has to be in the game, because he's in the original game, so that's like saying Mario shouldn't be in the game.

3. Molly Jayne

Molly Jayne Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Well, I'm not going to draw out this argument much longer, but if we followed your reasoning for why Wario shouldn't be a character, Luigi should just be a skin. Which is basically what he was in everything except Lost Levels, SMB2US and the Advance remakes.

Here's some Wario Land gameplay. Just watch a few minutes. The system is Mario-esque (which makes him easier to add for SMBC), but he plays very differently.

If you still insist he shouldn't be a character, then by all means, you're entitled to your opinion. But don't expect the rest of us to agree with your reasoning, especially when it ignores all the facts that have been made openly available in this thread.

EDIT: This video also reminded me of an ability I didn't include on my wall-of-text post... Bull Wario can jump higher (I think...?) when holding Up and stick to ceilings. ^_^

Luigicat11, Lilfut, Fez and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Bass.

5. Omegaman

Every single alert I've gotten ever sence I posted was in this thread. GOD.
    EVERYBODY JUST SHUT UP IN THIS THREAD.

6. fleek (SMoke Weed)

fleek (SMoke Weed) Level -1: Banned

gameplay differences alone isn't enough for a completely new character

7. mitsymckenzie777

mitsymckenzie777 Level 6: Lakitu

Regardless of Wario's so called coolness I saw way cooler stuff for Demon from Demon Returns yet he's a Mario skin so why not Wario. Also I think Waluigi period Should respectively be a Luigi Skin. I never really cared for them both anyways. Wario should have remained a villain for a while before getting his own game and taking the Game Boy color from Mario with exception of SMBDX. I think Dark Mario would be a better option anyways even though I hated the booger.

Fez likes this.
  8. Fez

Fez Level 2: Koopa

I think Wario could work as a playable character, but I'm not tossing the skin idea into the dumps. As for Waluigi, I extremely dislike Waluigi as a character, so if he has a sizable fanbase, then make him a skin. My main question is, how will Wario be balanced in SMBC?

9. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Ok, maybe not, but it plays a major role on who's candidate for a new character.
    Ok, so what more? Explain. If you don't show arguments, you are just being dumb.
    Please, everybody, if you wanna say no to the character it's ok, but to keep whining about it, at least do a little research and show us valid arguments. Not just "Because yes" reasons.
    Why? The thread is for everyone. If you want you can unfollow it. We won't shut just for you.
    Man, this is getting on a flamewar...

10. Omegaman

I'm talking:
    everyone just stop quoting my posts on this thread

11. fleek (SMoke Weed)

fleek (SMoke Weed) Level -1: Banned

you aren't exactly being an angel yourself when it comes to providing more arguments

basically all you've provided in this argument is that 'wario doesn't play same as mario so make him a character' and you've so far yet to actually show anything other than that

wario, despite having his own game, doesn't seem to be a large icon of the mario world, he's just basically an alter-ego of mario. i've also not seen villians in smbc, so we're off to a bad start here because he lacks an actual variety of attacks compared to the player (since bosses don't obtain power ups, he only has a certain set of moves, compared to the player who can gain new items to become progressively stronger, like how samus can get missile power-ups, ridley can't obtain a missile power-up)

and waluigi is basically invisible to the mario world, the only real reason he's still part of it is because of mario party, so i can't see him as a unique character

12. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

You didn't even pay attention to anything remotely Wario Land, did you?
    Now, I'm not against either Wario or Waluigi being a skin. But for a lack of understanding as to why Wario can't be a character is getting annoying.
    Besides, by your logic, all the other characters shouldn't matter either, because they're all "invisible to the Mario world".

Luigicat11 likes this.
  13. Fez

I think a good reason why Wario can't be a character is that there's not really a clear answer as to how Wario can be balanced. Before I could make up my mind about Wario, balancing Wario is what I need to know.

14. MissingNo2

Now this, I can find acceptable. The Wario Land games did see him as a powerhouse, and just dropping him into SMB would just let him plow through it with ease. Finding a balance is a reasonable issue here.

15. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Oooooohhhh, now i see what's the problem. You see Wario as a Boss from SML2, and not as the Wario Land greedy glutton we all love and hate...
    You see, i don't want Wario in his Boss Mario Land 2 form, I want him in his glorious Wario Land form, with all the transformations and powerups and such. And he does have variety (Ground Pound, Bash, Throw enemies with varying angles and forces, Crawling, and this is not talking about the other forms)
    Also, Wario is not a villian anymore. Now he's more an anti-hero that does anything for money, but he isn't inherently evil.
    Clearly your vision of Wario is quite narrow.
    I think you're playing too much SML2. :p
    Well, Wario would be really overpowered, but so would be Kirby. We just have to learn how to balance it without losing faithfullness.
    The overly strong knockback can be a soluion, specially in stages with many pits. A hit could be fatal.

Luigicat11 likes this.
  16. Fez

I just came up with another way Wario could be balanced. Lower the height of Wario's regular jump, and Up+Jump would stiffen (don't take it THAT way) Wario's air control. I think this is a good way to balance Wario, by limiting some of his mobility.

17. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

"EVERYBODY JUST SHUT UP IN THIS THREAD."

You need to stop acting like a brat, this thread is here for discussion. If you don't want to discuss, stop posting.

No one should have to explain any further why Wario is different from Mario, please go and watch the gameplay videos given to you.

18. SVR

SVR Level 2: Koopa

In terms of balancing Wario, one answer could be to give him touch damage for stage hazards.
    Ex. The Firebars and Fireballs in the castle stages.

19. MissingNo2

Well yeah BUT THAT'S A GIVEN
    The only character invincible to firebars to ever be would be Samus, and she needs a powerup for that.

20. SVR

SVR Level 2: Koopa

Noted.

But what I meant was that there needs to be a limit to what can or can't hurt Wario.
    Personally I think the armored enemies, Bowser, Parana-plants, and spiked enemies are the ones that should do damage to Wario upon contact.

Koopas and Goombas would knock him back but do no damage.
    Which would make the bottomless pit levels more... tricky... to navigate.

Luigicat11 and MissingNo2 like this.