Request Wario In SMBC

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Yeti Dk, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Yeti Dk

Yeti Dk Level 0: Newbie

I Have Been playing This Game For A While And I Think Wario Would Be Fun.
    Sprites: http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy/warioland3/sheet/12323 I Will try to find some music But What do you Guys think of my Idea

Well He Would Be Hevier Sop He Would Have a Shorter Jump(Bairly Higher Than Megaman)
    His Attacks Would Be
    Small: Just Jump
    Big:Arm Bash
    Fire:???(Need Help Here)
    C Move(Special): Either Fart or Wario Bomb

2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

I don't see an idea, I just see a link to sprites.

I don't know much about Wario's game play. Hopefully someone can come by and get this started.

Don't you have any thoughts about how he would function?

TheomanZero and roman6a like this.
  3. Yeti Dk

Yeti Dk Level 0: Newbie

I Added Some Stuff

4. Thunder Wing

Thunder Wing Level 2: Koopa
    Patron

5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

If he has a shorter jump, then he would need some other way of clearing higher obstacles, like Rush Coil or wall climbing. Any ideas for that? (Personally, I would give him jumping ability equivalent to Link.)
    His gameplay and power-up progression should be based on Wario Land 1 and/or Virtual Boy Wario Land, with the most obvious forms being small/big/Bull Helmet or small/big/Dragon Helmet. The second is more thematically appropriate with the Fire Flower and has a more interesting special move (fire breath), but if we did go with Bull, it could give him a Ground Pound and allow his Shoulder Charge to go through multiple enemies and/or blocks rather than bouncing back. (If we use the Dragon instead, he could have the Belly Flop from VBWL when he's at least big.)
    In the WL games, fire breath replaced the Shoulder Charge, but if dash-jumping is important to Wario's platforming in SMBC, then fire breath could be put on Special while Shoulder Charge remains on Run. If fire breath does replace the Shoulder Charge, or if we go with Bull instead of Dragon, then Special would not be needed.
    I'm not necessarily sure I want Wario in the game, as he's primarily a handheld star, but he did appear on the NES at least once (Wario's Woods), and even if he didn't, he's enough of a well-known Nintendo character that I could make an exception for him.

6. KefkaX21

KefkaX21 Level 3: Paratroopa

My Suggestion for Wario is:

Mushroom = Hybrid Bull/jet
    Fire Flower = Dragon helm

Bull hat would turn into jet hat during a double jump.
    dragon hat would also have this ability without a sprite change

Or:
    small < Bull < Dragon, with the jet as special

this format would skip regular Big Wario.

7. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

8. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

That's nice, Mario-Fan, but I think his Wario Land 1 or Virtual Boy Wario Land sprites would work better, since they have power-up sprites and we don't need all those extra animations.

9. GamingsCupofJoe

GamingsCupofJoe Level 2: Koopa

When he gets a fire flower he can toss a Wario bomb and for his C move he could fart (Which also could make his jump more powerful)

10. SVR

SVR Level 2: Koopa

My idea on wario is as follows.

-Starting level is the small Wario.

-The mushroom could be exchanged for the garlic and transform him into regular Wario.

-The Bull, Dragon, and Jet power-ups would swap out between each other.
    Ex. Getting the Jet power-up while wearing the Bull power-up would swap one for the other.
    Just like Ryu's power-ups.

-Controls

Z - Jump

X - Charge Attack (Available after getting garlic)

C - Nothing

I have the original game card, so I guess I speak from experience.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  11. Tepig2000

Tepig2000 Level 1: Goomba

My idea is as follows:

He starts as small Wario. He can ground pound to defeat enemies that are not spiked.
    After getting a mushroom, he gains the ability to charge into enemies. He can also collect other power-ups:

Bull Pot: Turns him into Bull Wario, he can now breack blocks by jumping under them like Mario. He also gains the power of creating shock waves by ground pounding. So, if he misses the ground pound, he still has chances of defeating enemies. This breaks armor.
    Dragon Pot: Turns him into Dragon Wario, he can now spew fire to constantly damage enemies. This won't work on enemies with armor like Bullet Bills.
    Jet Pot: Turns him into Jet Wario, he can now glide and also jumps higher and runs faster.
    Garlic: He can fart, this propels him higher in the air. He can also charge this to go higher, and damages enemies by blasting at them.
    Coin Toss: He can toss coins at enemies to damage them. However, this power is very weak, it's only advantage being it's long range.

What do you think, guys? Is this good?

12. Faruga

Patron

Why does everyone make that mistake? If it's possessive, it's "its", not "it's".
    Aside from being a grammar Nazi, here are comments.
    • He stays Small Wario when getting a mushroom?
    • On a serious note, has Wario ever canonically farted?
    Otherwise, it's not bad.

13. NES Boy

NES Boy Level 3: Paratroopa

For the NES skin, we could use Wario's sprites from Wario's Woods (see video). They're modeled after the Wario Land sprites, after all.

14. Tepig2000

No, he turns big by getting a mushroom. I forgot to say this. And his down special move in Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the "Wario Waft".
    And I made "that mistake" because I'm a 13 year old brazilian boy.

Here's a link to Smash Wiki's page on Warios down special move: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Wario_Waft

15. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Spin offs aren't canon.

16. Tepig2000

Ok, then he never used a farting attack in any game. Only in Mario Strikers Charged, but that's another spin off.

17. Faruga

Patron

You have two clubs to join. The teen club and the Brazilian club.

18. Fanciful Dancing Star

Fanciful Dancing Star Level 1: Goomba

I like the idea of using Wario Land 1 power-ups, especially if his Wario Land 1 sprites are used (as I really love the way he looked in that game). I'm curious, though... when he grows big with a Mushroom, would he have his normal hat on, or that explorer's hat that he wore in Wario Land 1? There are Wario Land 1 sprites of him with his normal hat, as you see him wearing it as he charges across the screen in the file select room, before it falls off of him and he then puts on the explorer's hat.

All that being said, I have one very important question to sak. Should Wario even have to start off small at all? That I'm aware, Wario Land 1 seems to be the ONLY game in the series where he has a small form (outside of Super Mario Land 2, where he's unplayable). From Wario Land 2 onward, Wario is always big.