Considering Weapon Menu for Mega Man and Bass

Discussion in 'Features' started by TheomanZero, Feb 11, 2012.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Yeah, this is why I usually prefer using WASD on PC games, though now that I have a gamepad it doesn't matter as much.

Rey D likes this.
  2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Double-posting because it's been four months.

Earlier I suggested that if the cycle buttons were added, then the weapon menu could be put on "Select", and Bass' "Special" could be used as a Dash button. However, I couldn't think of a good use for Mega Man's "Special" button. I'm bumping this topic because I just thought of one.

I was inspired by the Rockman: Perfect Works series, though I'm pretty sure the same thing is true in Mega Man: Anniversary Collection. Anyway, in those games L1 and R1 cycle through weapons, but only the weapons, while L2 and R2 cycle through "utilities" (the Magnet Beam in 1, the three Items in 2, Rush's forms in 3-5, and the Adaptors in 6).

So my thought is that in SMBC, Mega Man's "Special" should cycle through his Rush items -- pressing it once immediately switches you to Rush Coil, and then it cycles through Coil, Jet, and Marine. The cycle buttons could also be changed to just the weapons with this setup, if people like that idea. Since Bass only has one "utility" (Treble Boost), he doesn't need a separate button to switch to it, and TB can just be part of his regular cycle.

In other words:

Mega Man
    L & R: Cycle through weapons
    Select: Weapons menu
    Special: Cycle through Rush items

Bass
    L & R: Cycle through weapons (and Treble Boost)
    Select: Weapons menu
    Special or Down + Jump: Dash

Well?

Mitewing and MissingNo2 like this.
  3. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

I like this idea. Well, anything to keep me from flailing through items in frustration.

TheomanZero likes this.