Weapon System

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Captain Rizer, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Captain Rizer

Captain Rizer Level 5: Spiny

Yeah this is not about just Mega Man but ALL the characters in smbc.

If Jay does decide to give Mega Man weapons he should consider the giving the rest of the cast a sweet arsenal.

A setting in the pause menu: Weapons On/Off

Here are some examples:

Simon: Holy Water, Dagger, and Cross

Bill R: Lazer Gun and Flame Thrower

Samus: Ice Beam

Mario: Tanooki Suit and Hammer Suit

Link: Bombs and Arrows

Sophia: The two weapons that you get

Ryu: Different types of shuriken, Fire power, and weird attack that sbq92 said

You could switch weapons by holding up then pressing special.
    But discuss a weapon system for each character, and make suggestions for SOPHIA III!

2. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Super Missiles didn't were created in Super Metroid?

3. Captain Knight

Captain Knight Level 6: Lakitu

I think they were.

ICE BEAM FTW MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

4. Captain Rizer

I added that, but what will we do about sophia?

5. Captain Knight

I'm not a HUGE fan of Blaster Master.

I haven't actually played it, but I remember on the pause screen of it that there's 2 other weapons besides the homing missle.

Look up the pause screen for Blaster Master, and you'll see what I mean.

6. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Yeah, super missiles debuted in Super Metroid. Then it was retconed to her having access to it in her original game, but that was the Zero Mission version so....

As for Mario, I suppose giving him extra power ups will make him more appealing. Honestly, who here on this forum chose Mario the very first time you played this game???

7. Captain Rizer

We could add his frog suit too for EVEN BETTER swiming!

Also we could have the leaf as well!

8. pokemondream

pokemondream Level 5: Spiny

frog suit ftw!!!!!!111

9. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Actually, I think I did. Because it's his game.

10. Captain Rizer

I did too because I wanted to see if it was faithful to the original and I was very pleased

11. bnjay29

Nice!

12. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

I like your suggestions, but I would personally make a few adjustments:

Simon: He should get the dagger as well.

Samus: She didn't have the charge beam until Super Metroid, so I don't think it should be added for SMBC.

Mario: He should stick with the fireballs. He didn't have any other power-ups in the original SMB. However, I'm not 100% against him getting other abilities.

SOPHIA: As has been mentioned, SOPHIA had two other weapons. These could be added.

Ryu: He had a lot more than just shurikens. He had several fire abilities, as well as some weird attack that hit above and below him.

13. Captain Rizer

These are better I'll update my first post to these standards thanks!

14. Captain Knight

I've always hailed the dagger as useless!

Yea, unless we get some custom sprites, no super missle

It's gonna be confusing with those because there's different sprites for each SMB game (besides lost levels, but that's beside the point), so it would be confusing to see a whole different Mario in a split second.

lol, are we gonna get the names for these, and what they do, soon?

That up and down thing was in Ninja Gaiden 3, the game where you are on the wall, ALL THE TIME!!! In Ninja Gaiden 2, there's a shadow ninja, that mimics your every moves, right behind you. In Ninja Gaiden 1, however, there's huge and little shruiken, fire wheel, fire ring, and the jumping tornado (as seen in Keke's sig, somewhere in another thread).

15. Captain Rizer

I know he is not in the game but after all the work my and CK did he probably will be but I got weapon ideas for Rash.

Normal Walker Leg: It does 2X the amount of damage punches do

Rope: This rope would wok like the Bionic Commandos arm and you could do the wreaking ball attack and stuff like that.

Sliding: Not really a weapon but a ability and it would work like Megaman's slide but shorter and you have to run but it could kill enemies like Mario's Butt Slide of Doom.

16. bnjay29

The walker leg I could probably let slide, but isn't the wrecking ball just a little bit too much?

17. Captain Knight

Now boys, remember there is another Battletoad sgame for the SNES calles "Battletoads in Battlemaniacs," and they have wrecking balls for feet, kinda.

18. Captain Rizer

He could only do it when he would have a star! To cause more detruction then Bill's Spread Gun, Simon's Axes, and Mega Mans Charged Fire Blast put together!!!!1111!!!1!!1!

MWA, HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAA-

... Sorry got a little carried a way there >.>

19. bnjay29

How could I forget? Another awsome, and F*****G HARD entry in this series!

Well either way we look at it, I don't think Jay will have to worry about ideas for Rash, with the amount of effort put into him!

20. jerry

jerry Level 6: Lakitu

Sophia has this lightning attack. It's pretty cool.