Website downtime

Discussion in 'Exploding Rabbit' started by imgdat, Dec 14, 2012.

1. imgdat

imgdat Level 5: Spiny
    Patron

So around 12:30 PM EST yesterday there was a power outage at our hosting company. After the power was turned back on and since we were already in contact with customer support we decided to ask them to update some of our server software. This turned out to be a huge mess.

Anyway the site was restored since we had a backup and everything should be back to normal. Any posts made between 12:30 PM EST and 2:30 PM EST yesterday may not exist anymore however.

In the future we will test upgrades more thoroughly before making them live and will be in better contact with our host.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

roman6a, Rey D, Omicron and 2 others like this.
  2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Nice to hear that things are back to normal.

roman6a likes this.
  3. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

Mike stayed up forever trying to get the site working. I'm really glad to have him. In the end, we figured it out together.

roman6a, Omicron, Ceed and 1 other person like this.
  4. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Aww, I liked the new design, even though the front page of the forum was the only one working. But the most important thing is having the whole thing working, so it's fine.

roman6a likes this.
  5. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

It was loading way faster when it was partly working, but that may have been just the lack of content.

I will wait for this Xenforo update with the same excitement i wait for new Minecraft versions! :D

roman6a likes this.
  6. ww37GFG73ww

ww37GFG73ww Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Phew. At least the forums are back up. It was as if someone had died. That was how much I felt for this loss. That sounds quite stupid now I think about it :/

7. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

" I liked the new design"

What new design?

roman6a likes this.
  8. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Thanks for the information post!
    Glad you could learn from that mistake and that nothing bad happened. :)

roman6a likes this.
  9. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

It wasn't a Xenforo update; it was PHP. Actually, there are many rumors that Xenforo is dead and will never be updated again. :cry:

10. ww37GFG73ww

Well that wont matter to me as much since I can't even get onto it. People have said that it might be something to do with my Flash; but I'll never really know. What it did was load the side bar and the advert at the bottom and just had a big black square in the middle with nothing on it. It was quite frustrating...

EDIT: I AM SUCH AN IDIOT! I THOUGH IT SAID XAT INSTEAD OF XENFORO! I AM SUCH A SERIOUS IDIOT! I WILL GO OFF AND KILL MYSELF...

Also, XenForo is awesome. I will kill whoever said that they weren't updating it.

Omicron likes this.
  11. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Then it really was the lack of content :p
    No! D: I love Xenforo! I hope these rumors are not true. The Bukkit forums are also Xenforo... i'll look around.

Edit: A quick look at the Xenforo Forums returned this:
    Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_6.png

It's not dead. Apparently they've been dealing with legal issues and personal problems of an unknown sort. This information is repeated in several other places.

So we just have to wait a bit more for 1.2, it will eventually come out. They seem pretty positive about it.

12. ww37GFG73ww

13. Rey D

Patron

That post was totally unnecessary.

14. ww37GFG73ww

I did that just to show what my mistake was incase someoen didnt read the whole post before it was edited. Also, have I not seen this before? Me posting a mistake that I made in a previous post and then you making it into a big deal which IS unecessary. Just forget about this and stop telling peope that posts are unecessary when there is a reason for them when its actuslly you whos posting posts that just dont matter. Just forget this.

15. Rey D

Patron

If they didn't read, they probably didn't care anyway.

You're the one making a big deal out of it. You didn't think editing was enough. Oh noooo you have to post AGAIN to show your post AGAIN as if it wasn't just up there.
    And don't give me an order that stupid, please. If I were to let everyone post unnecessary posts, then they would think it's ok to post meaningless posts, and there you go, chaos and derailing all the way.

16. ww37GFG73ww

Just shut up now. Forget about this whole thing.

17. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Move this to PMs or something, please.

Rey D and Xemplox like this.
  18. World 1-1

If you went to the forums during the "downtime", sometimes you could see the main page, with a slight new design, but no other page worked, you couldn't even see your alerts.

19. ww37GFG73ww

I wasn't even able to login and it kept saying that you were the only person online! You might have been the alst person to login before the whole Forums went down. Also, ren was the last person to post as well :D

20. World 1-1

I put the "stay logged in" thing.