Request What about Batman in Super Mario Bros. Crossover?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Yabuturtle, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Yabuturtle

Yabuturtle Level 3: Paratroopa

I have heard discussions about him but I'm wondering what'd it be like to have him in the game. I'd love to have him there even for the music, because the music on the first nes game kicks so much ass. I know he'd be somewhat similar to Ryu what with the wall climbing ability. Although Batman jumps higher, not as fast and has different weapons. The batarang, bat gun and bat disk, which I think would really set him apart from the others. If not we could use Batman from Return of the Joker, although his sprite advanced and might look out of place. I was wondering what your opinion was. I know he's not really an official nintendo character like Kirby or Mario, but I don't think that matters much. I could imagine this going on in the underground levels.

2. ChozoBoy

ChozoBoy Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

That's up to Jay. We don't have any characters that weren't introduced in a videogame, but if they were on the NES or some equivalent and are fun then I don't have a problem. Also BATMAN FTW!

3. Yabuturtle

Indeed. I think Batman should be in there. All the characters we have are made by Nintendo and even though Batman is not really a Nintendo character, I think it'd be worth it. He's similar to Ryu but different in many ways. Aside from having different weapons, I believe he stuns enemies a little when he punches them, but Ryu doesn't stun anyone when he uses his sword. Ryu climbs, althogh Batman sort of jumps off walls and doesn't really climb them per se. Batman does jump higher as well and he could pick up ammunition like SOPHIA and Samus.

His Bat disk weapon which he shoots, also spreads. Maybe it'd be somewhat similar to the spread shot Bill has, but although it's slower and doesn't spread out as much, it does more damage, while the spread shot is fired more quickly and more often but does less damage. I would love to hear Batman music on SMBC and also since Jay is doing skins it'd be nice to do some Batman levels as well.

4. ChozoBoy

That's something else I didn't think of. Level palettes for these types of characters.

If nothing else, it sounds like a Ryu skin for Batman could work?

5. Anter

Anter Level 6: Lakitu

I think Batman is inappropriate in this game...

6. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I'm gonna test the game, though I think he's cool but inappropriate to this game. More details coming.

7. bnjay29

bnjay29 Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Cool? Yes. Inappropriate? Most definitely. But damn would I love to use those weapons from that game! And the music tracks are yet another classic set if I may add.

8. Yabuturtle

Could someone elaborate on why he'd be inappropriate? I don't get it. I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be there.

9. Jcogginsa

Jcogginsa Level 3: Paratroopa

i think it's because he didn't start as a video game character

10. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

yeah I'm not a fan of these types of characters, like Scrooge.

11. Yabuturtle

I don't see how Scrooge has anything to do with it considering he's nothing like Batman aside from also being a character that didn't start out in a video game. Is there written rules saying "only video game characters are allowed". So people would want Sonic despite the fact he's not even on the NES but there's no non video game characters allowed, even if they totally kick ass? Sorry it doesn't make much sense to me. I'd say it doesn't matter where they come from. They're 8-bit their sprites are similar size and I'd figure Batman would be great but it doesn't matter much anyway until Jay decides to put him in if he does want to.

12. Rey D

Patron

I just played the game. What I think is that Batman always crouching to hit goombas would be annoying, is controls are slow, and his jump low.

13. Yabuturtle

No Batman's jump is higher than Ryu's. But so what if Batman has to crouch down to hit a Goomba. Ryu has to do the same thing too with his sword. Batman could just stomp on the Goomba like all the other characters do.

14. Rey D

Patron

But stomping's not as fun and a lotta people prefer using attacks. And Ryu, with upgrades, get an extended sword and Windmill Shuriken. Anyway, Ryu's jump is compensated by his wall climbing, which allow him to pass those high blocks/wide pits.

15. Yabuturtle

You do know Batman has upgrades as well right? He can use that Batarang a quick long range weapon. He has the bat missle which is a powerful attack and the bat disk which spreads out and attacks multiple enemies.

16. ChozoBoy

I'm pretty convinced that he'd be a really good skin for Ryu. All of the characters will need skins, and I don't know an NES character that is more appropriate. The speed and jumping may vary, but he has the high attack, low attack, batarang, and wall climbing/jumping sprites. He fits the bill, here.

17. Rey D

Patron

I know for the upgrades, but I was thinking that always shooting the weird discs would be annoying.
    Anyway, how do you arrange Batman's jump? He still does not jump high or far enough.

18. ChozoBoy

That doesn't really matter for a skin. Gameplay doesn't change, just the sprites.

19. Rey D

Patron

We're not talking about a skin here, but a character idea.
    But Batman, as a skin, would not work for Ryu either.

20. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Agreed. He is too diffrent to even be a skin of Ryu.