Request What about Batman in Super Mario Bros. Crossover?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Yabuturtle, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Yabuturtle

Yabuturtle Level 3: Paratroopa

There are some similarities he's not that different from Ryu. But yes the idea was to have him as a character in the game like the others, although I wouldn't mind having him as a skin either. Remember there's the one from Return of The Joker as well.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Does he climb walls? Does he throw a big Windmill Shuriken? Does he throw little shurikens that do not come back? Does he do spinning jumps? Does he use a saber? If not, he CAN'T be a skin.

3. x3point14

x3point14 Level 6: Lakitu

I dont think batman should even be in there...

4. ChozoBoy

ChozoBoy Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

I haven't played the game, but he obviously climbs walls. The nitpicky details don't matter at all, because a skin is just supposed to be for show. The batarang can substitute the shuriken and his high/low attacks play the same as the saber. Like I said earlier in the thread, Ryu will need skins like the other characters and I don't know any NES character that fits better.

5. Ravior

Ravior Level 8: Hammer Bro

I think Batman would be a step in the right direction. His controls and attacks would fit the game well.

6. Rey D

Patron

He does not actually CLIMBS. He jumps on them. So you could make a skin with Batman jumping FROM the wall, but it would look weird as hell. And his punches do not work the same ways the sabers do.

7. Yabuturtle

Yabuturtle Level 3: Paratroopa

That's why I thought he'd be better as an actual character. You do know there's other games of him right, not just the 1989 Batman game. There's the Return of the Joker one. What about that one?

8. JKash03

JKash03 Level 2: Koopa

I think Jay and his buddys should put Batman in SMBC. From Batman the video game, 1989.

"Batman has the ability to wall jump, which is reminiscent of Ryu Hayabusa's wall scaling in Ninja Gaiden. He is also able to use three projectile weapons: the batarang, batdisk, and bat speargun, which are powered by pellet cartridges." (Source: wikipedia)

He could wall jump like Ryu and have a projectile weapon(s).

9. Rey D

Patron

I was pretty sure we've already had a thread for Batman, but can't find it, so...

Batman's slow and have a poor jump. How could he pass over obstacles such as high placed blocks and wide pits?

10. JKash03

JKash03 Level 2: Koopa

Didnt know that, oh well.

11. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Hello, I merged the new thread into the old one, and I'm giving it a fair bump for JKash's interest.

12. FabioMarcolino

FabioMarcolino Level 2: Koopa

I think Batman could be there but also the 7 emeralds as easter eggs, so he can turn to the SUPER BATMAN.

[​IMG]

13. JAGUARHX

JAGUARHX Level 2: Koopa

Huuummm.... Batman (return of the Joker) can be a ''Mega man's Skin'': Both have mechanics/playability very closer in NES. Jump; Shot; new gun-weapons like; slide/dash; etc...

Batman (from ''Batman Return'' - NES) can be a ''Ryu/Ninja Gaiden's skin'' :

- katana = punches attack or special attack with bat-cape;
    -Air normal Attack = flying kick, maybe
    -Shurikens/boomerangs = Batrangs and another Batman's projectiles
    - Climbing = is needed a editing work, of couse, but is possbile make Batman climbing a wall, using your bat-cape ''hiding your body/sprite''. Is like a trick to dont need editing all batman moves in the climbing : the cape will ''hide''.

Sorry my english, but, i hope you will understand my sugestions.

14. Greymon57

Greymon57 Level 3: Paratroopa
    Patron

Batman is the Hero that SMBC deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we will flame him, because he can take it. Because he is not our hero. He is a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

All Joking aside, I have to say that Batman would be a good fit for the game. But I also agree that there are better contenders for the throne. So while Batman would receive my vote, I don't think now is the time.

And on that note...

Batman: WHERE ARE THEY1?
    Toad: Killing is making a choice.
    Batman: WHERE ARE THEY!?
    Toad: Choose between one life or the other. Your friend the district attorney, or his blushing Bride-to-be.
    Batman: POW!
    Toad: You have nothing! Nothing to threaten me with. Nothing to do with all your strength.
    Batman: BAM!
    Toad: Don't worry I'm going to tell you where they are. Both of them. And that's the point. And you have to choose. He's at World 2-4, and she is in another castle.
    Batman: Kersplat!