What should SOPHIA's name be?

Discussion in 'Game' started by Jay, Nov 17, 2010.

?

What should SOPHIA's name be?

1. SOPHIA

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. SOPHIA III

34 vote(s)
    59.6%
  3. SOPHIA 3rd

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  4. Jason

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

A lot of people have different opinions on what SOPHIA's name should be in the game. What do you think?

Everyone likes this.
  2. Dinospy_01

Dinospy_01 Level 5: Spiny
    Exploding Patron

I'm fine with SOPHIA III. Or 3. I like the number at the end, gives it more of that robot/sci-fi feel. SOPHIA just feels like a regular name to me.

3. sbq92

sbq92 Level 9: Spike Top

Tough call. The official name is Sophia the 3rd, but I really like Sophia III... I'm going to vote Sophia III. :p

4. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

I vote SOPHIA III on the select screen, but just SOPHIA above the score so the end doesn't go past the end of the score.

5. Sophia III makes it simple in my opinion.

6. Kirby

Kirby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

i chose sophia 3 cause i HATE numerals and crap like that

7. Anon1548

Anon1548 Guest

Sophia III is the best name in my opinion. BUT i think Toad should call him "Jason", after you beat Bowser. He should talk to the pilot, not to the tank. That's healthier! :p

8. Chaos James

Chaos James Level 2: Koopa

I want to get out of SOPHIA III and play as Jason, so it should change on who you are.

Now, on that point, Jason wouldn't be able to get very far, it would make for the best Bowser fights ever.

9. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Is jason's name ever mentioned in anything from the NES game?

I'll either vote for SOPHIA or Jason, depending on this.

10. Duckerdoo

Duckerdoo Level 5: Spiny

I wanted to vote for S.O.P.H.I.A. III, but that wasn't there, so I voted for SOPHIA III.

11. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

I actually played the original (well, a ROM) just an hour or two ago and it turns out I was wrong...I thought it was Sophia III, but the game calls it SOPHIA 3rd, so I'm going to have to go with that.

12. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Gotta go with SOPHIA III. However have Toad and Peach thank Jason since he is the pilot. Then again you are playing as the Pilot who drives the tank. So wouldn't be more right to put Jason?

13. bowsersenemy

bowsersenemy Level 3: Paratroopa

??? ph instead of f? the virtual console versions equipment screen calls it sofia. different versions?

also, someone mentioned S.O.P.H.I.A. III. to my knowledge, the only time it used that version of the name, was in blaster master overdrive on wiiware, and even then, it didn't have a III, 3, or 3rd at all. but then, i'm not a blaster master expert by any means, and there was a gameboy version. *cue someone who's played GB version to give thier two cents*

14. Stephen

Stephen Level 1: Goomba

I agree with people saying that the character-select should list SOPHIA III, but Toad and Peach should talk to Jason. Unless the game and associated documents tend to talk about SOPHIA the 3rd like she's a sentient tank? I don't know.

You're definitely playing as the tank, but I'm not sure it makes sense for the characters in-game to think about it that way.

15. pinkpuff

pinkpuff Level 3: Paratroopa

I'm pretty sure Overdrive is a prequel to the original Blaster Master. Thus, I think the tank in Overdrive is actually a different tank; it's just S.O.P.H.I.A. without the "3rd" because it's the first model, not the third.

16. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

It could be Sophia III, but I voted to Sophia because this may be it's nickname.

17. Ravior

Ravior Level 8: Hammer Bro

SOPHIA III for me. I don't know anything about Blaster Master other than that it was made by Sunsoft., so whatever name is being voted for most is what I'm voting for.

18. Anon1548

Anon1548 Guest

Already 16 votes for SOPHIA III... hard to say which will win!

19. bowsersenemy

bowsersenemy Level 3: Paratroopa

...you're being sarcastic, right?

20. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

So where does the name Jason come from in the first place??