Not a Bug When in movement underwater, pit=magnet (Mario)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Faruga, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I think this is supposed to happen when swimming, but it happens when walking as well. I was in the same place as I was here:
    Swimmin\' in da sky.png
    And that place just so happens to be right above a pit. I was unaffected while staying still, but when walking, I could only move towards the pit, as if it was a magnet. O.o

2. Tsukiyomaru0

Tsukiyomaru0 Level 3: Paratroopa

Just like in the actual game? Hm... I'll take a look into it.

Edit: Yeah, magnet effect seems to extend to above the block platform. What's funny is that, if you jump around there, you get sucked to the middle!

EDIT once more: Totally NOT A BUG. Played Super Mario Bros DX and went to that blocky platform. If you stand there, you are sucked to the middle of the platform. If you jump, you are still sucked too. So, in fact, the only way this could be a bug is that so mario is only sucked when he jumps or walks, forgetting that he should "slide" if he is standing still.

3. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Well, I didn't know about this business with this happening in the original. I'll check it out...
    EDIT: Note that I'm playing the original and not Deluxe. I feel it'll be more accurate this way. Anyway, remakes can introduce new bugs...
    EDIT 2: Okay, you're right. However, in the original, you're able to get away without swimming, unlike here. For that reason, I believe this to still be a bug.

4. Jay

Jay Level 13: ER Team

It's not perfect because it I programmed it a long, long time ago when my skills were not so good. But it works well enough.

roman6a likes this.