Request When it looks like SMB3, it should play like SMB3

Discussion in 'Features' started by Eric Thorstad, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Eric Thorstad

Eric Thorstad Level 2: Koopa

I was disappointed, when I jumped on a goomba, and I did not get that extra jump boost that I expected. Granted this is just a skin of SMB3 over SMB, so it shouldn't be there. This is just something I think would be fun.

2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I've already suggested a shell-holding cheat . . . maybe we could fold in the Goomba Springboard as well and call it "SMB3 Mode". That'd be nice, as long as it was a cheat. It should work on any skin, though, not just SMB3.

Eric Thorstad and uglyrodent like this.
  3. Powerstars

Powerstars Level 3: Paratroopa

I agree with Theoman.

Eric Thorstad likes this.
  4. BTB

BTB Level 5: Spiny

If there's one thing that the Mario Bros. need more than anything else, it's brakes. Every attempt I make to use Mario ends with him dead at the bottom of a pit about fifty feet past the point I told his stupid ass to stop running.

All of the other things that they could do in the later games would be nice, mind, but the fact that they're just a complete nightmare to control compared to everyone else makes playing as them just no fun at all (not also counting the fact that playing as Mario at this point is still pretty much equivalent to playing regular SMB).

5. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

Yeah, sounds like SMB3 mode should implement SMB3 physics.

6. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Okay, agreed on that as well. But I still think all of this should be unlockable -- you have to beat SMB as SMB Mario before you get the cool stuff.

7. BTB

BTB Level 5: Spiny

Sounds like a good compromise.

Mario's a bit of special case in that he's, well, the guy that was originally in this game. Nobody is playing it for him, especially given that he hasn't changed any. So, yeah, it would be beat to unlock SMB2 and SMB3 physics for him.

Actually, SMB2 physics would be quite fun in their own right. Different jumping for him and Luigi, charged high jumps, and perhaps even the ability to chuck enemies at each other.

8. Powerstars

Powerstars Level 3: Paratroopa

Actually, someone suggested Lina from Doki Doki Panic, and I wanted Peach as an alternate costume. There's a Toad discussion with those physics too.