Request Where's the love for Arthur?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Protoman22, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Protoman22

Protoman22 Level 2: Koopa

The hero of Ghosts 'n Goblins i'm really surprised nobody requested this guy he would be such a fun to use character, he could have his tortches, knives, lances, and hell now that SMBC is getting a Super Nintendo treatment Arthur could have his abilities from Super Gouls 'n Ghosts the green armor and the gold armor could come with the weapon upgrades they give you and Arthur would be great for the 2.0 upgrade because he has his NES incarnation, he's been on the Game Boy, and of course the Super Nintendo, he could work

2. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

http://www.explodingrabbit.com/wiki/Super_Mario_Bros._Crossover/Character_Requests (near the top of the page)
    However, it seems that there is no thread for him apart from this one, so I'll let you off (apart from the fact that you falsely assumed that he was never requested). Be glad that this thread didn't already exist. Not because of me in particular, but sometimes, people get sick and tired of newbies making duplicate threads.
    Sorry, I never welcomed you. Welcome! I dunno if you made a new peep thread or not, but I'll just say "welcome" here.
    Actually, come to think of it, I dunno why I'm posting this. But I am. There you are. :\

3. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

There was no thread so this is good.

uglyrodent likes this.
  4. Protoman22

yea i checked the forum for any threads on it so i knew not to make a copy, also i do appologize i wasn't being very specific, i'm sure there are people out there who probably would love to see Arthur but i was talking more in the context of the threads that exist in the forum and not the actual comments

Mitewing and uglyrodent like this.
  5. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

I really want Arthur in the game too. The original NES gameplay should work fine. All he needs is the double jump from later games. He should be very easy to put in if kept simple.

6. Protoman22

yea i was thinking the same thing, tweak his jump the same way Simon's jump was tweaked

7. kakoloukia

kakoloukia Level 1: Goomba

With 2.0 coming up, I'm even more convinced that Arthur should be in. His Gameboy and 16-bit versions could easily be taken from the GBC/SNES versions respectively.

8. Faruga

Patron

(from the Wiki)
    A frequently requested character. He has good power-ups and loses armor when attacked.
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, I'm emptying the Character Request page.

9. Mitewing

With the changes to gameplay in 2.0, I wonder playing as Arthur would still be as hard playing in SMB as him as in Ghosts n Goblins

10. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Actually with the changes I think Arthur would be a damn sweet character. His variety of weapons could bring many funs. Knife would be basically a very fast strong weapon, torch would be a deadly powerful weapon with creating fire on the ground, the axe would be mainly taking the role of the powerful weapon which can damage armored enemies, the shield while not stronger or anything it could destroy projectiles and stuff. I would say he may would have a very epic firepower WITH POSSIBLY THE ADDITION OF A DOUBLE JUMP! I mean come on... I don't think he would even be a very difficult character to do even.

Mitewing likes this.
  11. Mitewing

Since all characters are currently based on gameplay in 8bit versions, Arthur from Ghosts N Goblins is who I want to see. He has enough weapons (Lance, Dagger, Axe, Torch, and Shield/Cross) and double jump would be necessary, like Simon to be playable in SMB. The double jump would be the only thing necessary from the 16 bit games.

12. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Level 5: Spiny

Arthur would be great. I agree, double-jump would be a must.

13. Eric Thorstad

Eric Thorstad Level 2: Koopa

I think he would fit in nicely, with 2.0, and the way you can get different weapons/power-ups, and switch between them.

14. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Level 5: Spiny

Would we keep him true to his NES roots, or add in the ability to fire upwards/downwards like in Super Ghouls N' Ghosts? On the one hand, it'd be less impossible. On the other hand, the "impossible" factor is, to me, what makes Ghosts N' Goblins so bloody awesome. Sometimes it's nice to feel like you've accomplished the impossible.

Mitewing likes this.
  15. Mitewing

I prefer classic Ghosts N Goblins Arthur.

16. Uarux

Uarux Level 1: Goomba

I think it would be really cool if he was a playable character.

17. Frozsoul

Frozsoul Level 6: Lakitu

I honestly think Arthur would be a wonderful addition to the game. He's an iconic character with a good arsenal of weapons, upgradeable armors, memorable soundtracks and NES/SNES/GB ports. I suppose the only argument against him is that he wouldn't bring anything terribly unique to the game - we already have characters that double-jump and throw projectiles (Simon is probably closest to Arthur) But I still think he's an excellent choice.

Boomgoestherabbit likes this.
  18. Urutsune

Urutsune Level 6: Lakitu

Actually I would more call Arthur a cross between Simon and Bill. Quite heavy firepower but not as heavy as bill. On movement, style and other detail he is close to Simon though. I think he would be different in playstyle from others, he has few similarities with others but in overall quite different from others still. And most importantly he would be very fun! And isn't that the goal of a playable character?

19. Faruga

Patron

20. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

If Arthur gets in he needs a Perfect Fashion Nezumiman skin.

TheomanZero likes this.