Request Where's the love for Arthur?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Protoman22, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Psychotix

Psychotix Level 3: Paratroopa

I am in disbelief that I didn't think of this before. Ghosts 'n Goblins is one of my favorites. And he'd be great for SMBC, but his jumps would need to be tweaked. Also, no clue if adding those torches with it would be a good idea. You don't know true retro gaming rage until you've picked that piece of garbage up for yourself.

2. Lilfut

Lilfut Level 7: Bloober

Torches are pretty good for dealing with Arremers, actually.

3. TiagoDu

TiagoDu Level 6: Lakitu

Isn't it more reasonable to regain the armor every stage? It was like this on the original, isn't it?
    I know GnG was and still is a really Hardcore game. but let's compare it with Bill (A equivalent example of Hardcoreness.)

Bill is One hit KO, but it makes up for it's sheer firepower. (Spread Gun!)
    Arthur is a Two hit KO. If it were to it only regain it's armor every 4 levels, it would be too hard, because it's arsenal doesn't hold up to protect him much. And then there's the sloppy jump...

The other alternative would make the armor a random power up, just like the weapons (And other armors, if included).

About the jump, we could make it control in mid air, just like Simon, and make it double jump, like in SGnG.

4. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Double-jump maybe... I don't think Arthur needs air control. He's more capable than Simon attack wise.

5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

I'd say this would be another Classic/Modern situation, but I don't think Arthur's had air control in any game . . .
    Here's a question: Should he be able to aim up and down, like in Ghouls 'n Ghosts? That could potentially be a Classic/Modern thing.

Psychotix likes this.
  6. Lilfut

Lilfut Level 7: Bloober

[​IMG]

7. NeedsMoreStuff

NeedsMoreStuff Level 3: Paratroopa

Weapons
    Damage
    Range
    Firerate
    AP

Knife